NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

That just looks like sex with ninjas, and lots of blood.

Never played a Ninja Gaiden game so I'm hyped.

I just got a email regarding my Orange Box Pre-Order from GAME saying:

"As you may already be aware, the UK release date for Half Life 2 - Orange Box has changed to 16-Nov-2007. Changes to release dates are relatively common in the videogames industry and are unfortunately beyond our control."

Has it really been delayed?

"As you may already be aware, the UK release date for Half Life 2 - Orange Box has changed to 16-Nov-2007. Changes to release dates are relatively common in the videogames industry and are unfortunately beyond our control."

FUCK SAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why?

Cos PS3 got a remake of a game that was already remade, and the 360 gets a brand new game maybe?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO please not another delay

Well I have known for ages that Ninja Gaiden 2 was on 360 and I thought it was common knowledge. I would definately not of thought that a few pictures that only really show that the game is progressing well would of been worthy of a 'lol'.

If you did actually laugh out loud over the fact that an electronic goods company does not get a certain video game then you seriously have a messed up life.

Jesus are you thick?

I don't give two shits what platform it's on i'm taking the piss outta half the fanboys on this forum.

Microsoft breaks its Halo 3 "Believe" TV ad campaign touting the Xbox 360 title's highly-anticipated Sept. 25 launch. The estimated $10 million-plus effort centers on an immaculately constructed diorama depicting the great battles of lead character Master Chief. With this as a backdrop, warriors that did battle with the game's hero provide testimonials as to his greatness in the ads created by McCann-Erickson, San Francisco.

The goal of the campaign is to bring Halo fans and nonfans up-to-speed as to where we are in Master Chief's epic battle to defeat the evil Covenant. While most major game titles begin their ad campaigns weeks before launch to build buzz, Halo 3 differs greatly. This mass-market push is actually the end of the of Halo 3 campaign.

The TV push is the grand finale of a five-pronged attack Microsoft quietly launched last December. The carefully orchestrated onslaught was designed to make casual fans interested and core fans rabid as Microsoft aims to eclipse Halo 2's record-breaking $125 million in sales on day one. To date, Halo 3 is already on the books for one million preorders and counting.

"We're well ahead of where we were with Halo 2," said Chris Di Cesare, director of creative marketing at Microsoft, Redmond, Wash. "In the year of the summer blockbuster 'three-quel,' the biggest one is going to be one you don't go to a theater to see."

Despite the fact that 11 million people already purchased one or both of the first two installments, such an effort is necessary to put the launch over the top, said Jason Anderson, director of research at the International Development Group, a videogame-consultancy in San Francisco. "While Halo 3 may have some of the strongest title awareness of any videogame since Grand Theft Auto 3, that awareness isn't free. Part of what sustains that critical mass is the perception that Halo 3 is a big budget, mass media event."

This final phase may likely do the trick, but to get a better understanding of how complex this game's launch is, here's a brief synopsis of some of the facets of its five-phase marketing blitz:

Phase 1: Starry Nights. During Monday Night Football last Dec. 4, Microsoft hit 7.9 million households (and 1.8 million of its target 18-34 audience) with an eerie spot featuring Master Chief grabbing his helmet and jumping into the fray. Tag: "Finish the fight." It has since been viewed on YouTube more than 3 million times.

Phase 2: The Beta. In May, fans could enter to win a chance to try a multiplayer beta version at Halo3.com. A third of a million people entered. Additionally, anyone who purchased the title Crackdown could play the beta. Before the beta expired on June 10, 820,000 participants spent more than 12 million hours of playing online. Using its saved films feature, where you can capture snippets of gameplay and download it, more than 350 terabytes of Halo 3 data was downloaded from Xbox Live (which is the equivalent of 82 million music downloads).

Phase 3: Project Iris. This five-part viral effort harkens back to Halo 2's cryptic "Ilovebees" effort. Beginning with a fake ad planted in Best Buy circulars, "Halo nation" sought out clues via an online/offline scavenger hunt to unlock new information about Halo 3 and its back-story.

Phase 4: Promotional Partner Activity. Much like movie franchises look to secure key category partners, so did Halo 3. It locked up Pontiac, which committed$5 million in media to the game's launch, and Mountain Dew which has been heavily promoting its Halo 3-themed Game Fuel flavor on TV, plus Burger King, Game Stop,7-Eleven, Samsung and Comcast. It is even sponsoring Linkin Park's current tour.

Phase 5: Believe. Microsoft began re-running Starry Nights last month leading up to the Believe campaign this week. A week-long celebration featuring the making of specials, tournaments and media frenzy typical of a Hollywood blockbuster will lead up to a midnight madness event. In the U.S. alone, 10,000 stores will open at midnight to give fans the chance to buy the product first. "This is very different from the launch of Halo 2," said Jeff Bell, vp-interactive entertainment for global marketing. "We had our secret program, Ilovebees, but we didn't have a beta, or participate at E3, we just kind of burst on the scene. This time around, we wanted to draw a broader audience. We wanted to invite everyone in."

67qbl3b.gif

NINJA GAYMAN 2 YES

private joke

Screens don't look all that great visually. Especially compared to how high end the first was for its time.

I see Microsft is having a pre TGS show right now. Shame I have to go to work so anyone please feel free to post the news so that I may read it when I get back home :)

Rez and Ikaruga confirmed for XBLA!! :)

Rez FTW!!!

I've just sold Ikaruga so :D

WOW TGS already is better than E3 or Leipzig. ^_^

Give me more 360 RPGs Damnit!!

And Rez is early 08 :'(

Lucky i have the game here to get some practice in, and to also just mellow out to the choooons!

Rez FTW!!!

I've just sold Ikaruga so :D

shame on you! hope you sold GC version and not Dreamcast game..

Pre-TGS 2007: More XBLA Announcements

Rez, Ikaruga among those confirmed.

by David Craddock

US, September 11, 2007 - Microsoft announced an exciting batch of upcoming Xbox Live Arcade titles during their pre-Tokyo Game Show press conference earlier tonight. The full list of impending releases can be found below.

Ikaruga (Treasure)

Rez HD! Every Extend Extra Extreme (Q Entertainment)

Omega Drive (Hudon)

Exit (Taito)

Trigger Heart Exelica (Warashi)

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/819/819496p1.html

Tony Hawks should have been retired years ago.

Skate is going to steamroller proving grounds, and it's a sad state of affairs when an established franchise gets crushed by an EA game.

I read the Rez news this morning and literally creamed myself.

No one on this forum loves that game more than I do. Its my favourite game ever made, i adore it from start to finish and have finished it numerous times. If they actually redo the textures in HD, i swear to god, piss will come out of every hole and other ones never previously seen.