NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Can someone please help me with the Pack Rat achivey on Crackdown?

Im half way to getting my stats back up... so i cant help you just yet.

For all you Crackdown players:

Infinite Jumping! There's got to be a full game based around this sort of thing one day!

I suppose the logic is that you might not have a hard drive or enough space on your memory card so why should i force you to make room for it if you bought a DVD with it on.

I think it should at least be an option though.

Nah, I think its to stop you from installing it and then passing the disc round for others to do the same. Thats what happened with Halo 2 Map pack.

I got that deal. :) I finally got to play on the 360 after passing my exam with flying colours, and I have to say I am impressed.

I had to wait for the wireless adapter, I went through hell to get one - all the local shops had no stock, and Play and Amazon didn't have any at the time! But it was all worth it, it's really nice to see how Xbox Live just melds with the games you're playing. Little things like the online leaderboards, achievements, and downloadable extras. It definitely feels like Nintendo should have used that approach to Wii online (but more tailored to mainstream gamers).

It was disappointing that there was no year's Gold included, just one month. I could have sworn that buying a Premium got you a year's worth of Gold, but perhaps I was mistaken? Rummaged through all the manuals and could only find the voucher in the Arcade/PGR3/controller pack.

As well as all those games in the deal, I picked up DOA4 for very cheap (£2.99, lol) by trading in SSX Blur.

It was disappointing that there was no year's Gold included, just one month. I could have sworn that buying a Premium got you a year's worth of Gold, but perhaps I was mistaken?

You are mistaken, its £40 a year for XBL Gold. Which tbh, i still think is steep.

Ahh, I see, so I was indeed mistaken. Thanks for clearing that up.

Yeah, £40 is too steep, especially for people who have just bought their 360s.

I'll probably let the month's Gold run out, and only pay up for Gold if there's some worthy marketplace content in the future (that isn't already out now) - probably just a month's subscription at most.

Tbh i think when you buy a 360 you should at least get 6month free.

Haha, someone form Canada on Live just asked if girls from essex are sluts :D

Pfft, I didn't even get 1 month free. Or if I did, I don't know where to find the code and set it up.

XBL is the best console online service by far, but even still, I think about 20 quid would be a more realistic price to pay.

I only paid £25 for a years Live.

You get 3x one month free with the console (all 3 have to be on different gamertags though) by signing up for Live and choosing Silver (it then tells you that you qualify for 1 month free, you can do this 3 times) and theres a 1 month voucher inside PGR3/Live Arcade/Wireless Pad Pack.

Not a bad deal really imho, ive had more fun on my 360 with Live than ive had on any console since the days of bringing my Gamecube into 6th form for Smash Bros

Its not that, but the fact is.

We pay for 99% of our content, all games are hostest player side.

All MS do is let us download content and save a few lists of friends/messages.

Can someone please help me with the Pack Rat achivey on Crackdown?

I would but... you know

Microsoft and all...

Ho ho, I've got a projector for this evening which has composite (the only cables I have for my 360) connection.

Halo 3 + Projector = :grin:

Jordan you legend. That link you gave me for the Vision camera and the Headset, ordered it there and then. It's sent today.

What is that Robotron game btw?

Jordan you legend. That link you gave me for the Vision camera and the Headset, ordered it there and then. It's sent today.

What is that Robotron game btw?

Apparently awful!

But yeah, if anyone wants a link to a cheap ass XBL Vision camera, just ask i'll post it here.

Apparently awful!

But yeah, if anyone wants a link to a cheap ass XBL Vision camera, just ask i'll post it here.

Please :) 10charz

For all you Crackdown players:

Infinite Jumping! There's got to be a full game based around this sort of thing one day!

That is awesome, I'm gonna try it out now!

If anyone is intrested in joining me caris and toadie for a 2v2 on comand and conquer let me know, you can take theguyfromsparks place

Gears > Halo. Imo.

QFT.

I am loving Gears online. Specially the late nights.

That Crackdown vid is awesome.

Gears > Halo. Imo.

I have to disagree, i find Halo far more frantic and fun. I hate the whole rounds system Gears has tbh. Not to mention, Gears is seriously unbalanced.

Gears > Halo. Imo.

QFT, I don't like Halo. I'm actually thinking about not buying it.

Gears > Halo. Imo.

: peace:

I have to disagree, i find Halo far more frantic and fun. I hate the whole rounds system Gears has tbh. Not to mention, Gears is seriously unbalanced.

I found the opposite. Halo's maps are to big for 4v4, the combat is simple (nade, gun, nade, hit with gun. dead.), dual wielding is pointless because you get pwned by nades and the vehicles are crap (by that i mean half the time trying to run someone over is like hitting a brick wall, you just stop). Oh and you get 10 mins of fighting then 10 mins in the lobby trying to get a new one

I get the rounds thing but it does make the game a little more social (due to more talking time due to being dead lol)