NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Thats the reason I didn't get into Halo 2, I only got i 2 months ago. Everyone was so good and had all their tactics and crap down to a T. I gave up when I was killed by this knob with an energy sword about 18 times in a row.

I HATE the energy sword! What the hell is up with that homing in crap!

I kinda have days every so often where I play hours of Viva Pinata. Not had one for a while, maybe I'll get bck into it again soon.

Did anyone listen to 1UP Yours this week? I thought the middle segment about online gaming and the barriers to entry for a casual gamer was excellent.

They basically talked about how hard it is for the average person to go online with a game like Gears of Halo and not get their arse kicked.

This is one of the reasons I don't like Halo. The feeling of going online and being killed time after time, not having a clue what the fuck you're doing, they described it as 'humiliating'.

What do you guys reckon to that, and how do you think they could solve it?

I'd say thats pretty much true. Especially with Halo 3 Beta.

Theres nothing to say what you are meant to be doing or where you are meant to be going and thanks to the crappy chat system if you are new to the game its nigh-on impossible to ask someone to explain

Gears i didnt find to bad, the game is fairly simple in its objectives and they were explained to me by people who have been playing since release. The learning curve for the actual combat is quite steep though

0_festival_2005_00407_rolf_harris.jpg

I feel Halo 3 is becoming very quickly unbalanced. I tried doing a game with random people online earlier, and they had all the secrets, weapons and tactics sussed out so that my team never had a chance. I prefer just playing with you guys.

I feel Halo 3 is becoming very quickly unbalanced. I tried doing a game with random people online earlier, and they had all the secrets, weapons and tactics sussed out so that my team never had a chance. I prefer just playing with you guys.

I prefer playing in a team of people I know (even just 1 other person) against a team of randoms. What they do changes everytime which makes you a better player.

I still think it's very balanced. You have to decide whether you want to Warthog or not on Valhalla because the laser isn't really that hard to use. Or maybe you could go in with BRs and take out the laser then mongoose back to the Warthog.

Thats not a question of balance, more a question of skill and knowing the game. The more time you spend with the game, the better you get at it really.

I don't know where the good weapons are, I can never find their hiding places because I always get murdered. A little walkthrough would be appreciated at some point if anyone can put up with me. :)

Thats not a question of balance, more a question of skill and knowing the game. The more time you spend with the game, the better you get at it really.

And that's the point, you either play the game from day one and put hours into it, or you get your arse kicked by the people who really know how to play.

This is the truth.

I say I'm quite good at Gears of War because unlikes some people we play against I take my time and such. If I'm bored I'll just run to my death :heh:

But I take my time scanning the area and such. Nintenchris will know this because I told him about my place on Fuel Depot where I look out. I ain't telling you guys...

If you spend time with the game and learn how it works you can become like these good people. Like me....

lol, I'm joking about that last part...or am I

Practise makes perfect guys.

If you keep playing it then obviously you will start to know where weapons are, the ins and outs of the maps etc.

I don't really see what the fuss is about people getting their asses kicked when they first play. If you were to start marathon running today then the people who have been doing it for years are obviously going to be better than you.

Can anyone tell me why I cannot join Caris in a game of Crackdown. My NAT is open, however it doesn't want to allow me to join him.

Can anyone tell me why I cannot join Caris in a game of Crackdown. My NAT is open, however it doesn't want to allow me to join him.

I don't understand your connection at all, why can you never join certain people's games? I think you should host.

If I host won't he be joining my game where all the Stunt rings are collected?

I don't understand my conection either...

I don't know where the good weapons are, I can never find their hiding places because I always get murdered. A little walkthrough would be appreciated at some point if anyone can put up with me. :)

http://www.bungie.net

Click on the big beta image at the right handside.

That is quite a good deal, the last game is just some Arcade games though.

Some good Gears games tonight guys. :heh:

That is quite a good deal, the last game is just some Arcade games though.

Some good Gears games tonight guys. :heh:

Yeah but it has geometry wars and geometry wars is worth, like 3 or 4 retail games.:heh:

Its annoying having to put a disc in every time I want to play G Wars though.

Yeah but it has geometry wars and geometry wars is worth, like 3 or 4 retail games.:heh:

Its annoying having to put a disc in every time I want to play G Wars though.

Didn't know you had to do that, I thought it gave you some points, or a code that lets you download the game from the Arcade. wow.

Didn't know you had to do that, I thought it gave you some points, or a code that lets you download the game from the Arcade. wow.

I suppose the logic is that you might not have a hard drive or enough space on your memory card so why should i force you to make room for it if you bought a DVD with it on.

I think it should at least be an option though.

Can someone please help me with the Pack Rat achivey on Crackdown?