NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Woolies just rang me up and they have my tv in finally, it's that Technosonic 32'' HDTV, its a cheapo one, only £499. But with GoW just around the corner I couldn't of asked them to ring me at a better time!

Woolies just rang me up and they have my tv in finally, it's that Technosonic 32'' HDTV, its a cheapo one, only £499. But with GoW just around the corner I couldn't of asked them to ring me at a better time!

You mean £399, right? At least that's what I payed.

I suppose I should try to try to grab a few more online Achievements for Double Agent whilst I'm still waiting on GoW — I can't really be arsed with Call of Duty 3's rank ones, as one of them requires you to make 40,000 online Ranked kills.

must say I am very impressed with Gears so far, not had a chance to play online yet, and not yet completed the single player, and I'm only playing on a crappy 14" TV :P

I love the Hammer of the Dawn gun :)

I havnt got far intot he game yet, not used the Hammer of Dawn but from what ive read and heard it sounds awesome!

This truly is a great game. Sure ive died at least 7 times on the first level and was annoyed when i kept dying after that cutscene where they check those dead bodies, and i had to keep watching that a few times, but apart from that its awesome!

Are those TV's not Thompson, but the badge has bean changed to whatever. So your getting a prety sweet and reliable TV for prety cheap.

I havnt got far intot he game yet, not used the Hammer of Dawn but from what ive read and heard it sounds awesome!

This truly is a great game. Sure ive died at least 7 times on the first level and was annoyed when i kept dying after that cutscene where they check those dead bodies, and i had to keep watching that a few times, but apart from that its awesome!

Oh wow what a game! I've been looking for a game that really said 'yes, 360 was worth the cash' and finally, this is it. The control system is near perfect, including some fecking fantastic aiming. The one slight problem I had with it is the way you move out of cover accidently by moving the analogue stick off slightly. I've died loads of times and not felt frustration once yet. Just straight aay carried on playing loving every second.

I think I'm at the end of Act 1, which is a bit hard I found cus the squad member keeps getting killed and it's ending my game. Too tired now, although I could stay up all night playing it.

Can't wait until the end of work tomorrow!:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

Dear everyone that got Gears a day early,

Fuck you. Right in the ass.

I suppose i'll make up for lost time by not sleeping on friday and saturday.

Are those TV's not Thompson, but the badge has bean changed to whatever. So your getting a prety sweet and reliable TV for prety cheap.

Admittedly neither of those appear to be questions, but yes to both.

1UP have a review of Sonic, erm, up. Oh, and anyone that accuses me of sesquipedalian prose should see a true thesaurus-reader at work; "this eponymous next-gen offering actually exacerbates most of those games' most obnoxious failings", apparently.

I got a message from Caris this morning pretty much stating the same kind of hatred toward me lol. Just got back from work and im ready to play, doubt I will be on much as I was up early but if I get hooked then it could be an all nighter.

haha

Co-op GOW tomorrow anyone ?

I think the running personel is Me, Caris, Hero of Time, JB Whiting

I got a message from Caris this morning pretty much stating the same kind of hatred toward me lol.

Oh yes, i woke up knowing i had a day till Gears of War, and on my friends list you, rokhead, dom, metrix and a few other were playing.

Yea im up for 2moro, dont think i'll be sleeping.

Co-op GOW tomorrow anyone ?

i'm up for it too

TOTALLY AGREE!!! *moo*

Hopefully my Gears will come tommorow, but I don't mind waiting. Making use of the 15% off code at HMV was worth it, £33.99 is yum :)

i doubted this game, played it at my mates, and im definetly going to ASDA tomorow to pick it up. Its pretty damn good.

You mean £399, right? At least that's what I payed.

I suppose I should try to try to grab a few more online Achievements for Double Agent whilst I'm still waiting on GoW — I can't really be arsed with Call of Duty 3's rank ones, as one of them requires you to make 40,000 online Ranked kills.

Oops yeah sorry, £399. So you have the tv? What do you think of it?

Xbox 360 looks great on hit although when I set it to 1080p the image at the sides of the screen bent inwards, do you know how to fix that? Also the picture quality on normal tv channels aren't great, perhaps I should purchase a freeview box.

EDIT: Oh haha yeah I got invited to play GoW too Caris, I had to decline as I do not have the game... but!

Tomorrow! I'll look for you when I play it (if it comes).

Oops yeah sorry, £399. So you have the tv? What do you think of it?

Xbox 360 looks great on hit although when I set it to 1080p the image at the sides of the screen bent inwards, do you know how to fix that? Also the picture quality on normal tv channels aren't great, perhaps I should purchase a freeview box.

I don't know that many people with HDTVs, so I can't really compare it to anything, but I'm happy with my purchase.

Assuming yours is the same as mine, it doesn't support 1080p; 720p and 1080i are the maximum display resolutions. Other than that, check the image is set to 16/9 on the TV rather than Cinerama — press the left and right arrows on the controller to cycle through modes.

My GameCube looks terrible on it, but I'm hoping a Wii with composite cables won't be so bad. And I haven't tried any sort of TV on it, as it's purely for games and upscaled DVDs through my 360.

Dont buy a freeview box, i have built in Freeview in my TV and honesty, the amount of shit i get through the singal is unbelivable, its allways going blurry for a few seconds here and there and crackerling sound etc, its just freeview, its crap.

:( my 360 came back from its repairs today, downloaded that update for 1080p my monitor doesn't support it:( i'm sad i was looking forward to it hardcore

:( my 360 came back from its repairs today, downloaded that update for 1080p my monitor doesn't support it:( i'm sad i was looking forward to it hardcore

Mine doesnt support it either, When i select it, it splits my screen in 2?!?!

Anyway, I played co-op Gears last night with my bro, yes splitscren is pretty hard but its pretty sweet.

I didnt kno whether to carry on where i left of it single player or carry on, so I carried on.

Does anyone know whether i could have started again and not deleted my progress in single player?

But this truly is the best 360 game i have. Bit annoying when you wanna come out of cover against say a door and shoot them straight away, like rolling out, but if you hold right or left he'll dive or go to the other side.

I noticed some slowdown a couple times, once when that beastie black guy was talking it froze a bit then carried on, then it seemed the sound was out of sync with the ouths moving. It all waored out later, but osmetimes here has been slowdown.

Also at one point in the game, when you have to turn that handle/wheel i think in Act 2, where you go across the lake and then as soon as you cross its night time. Anyway my bro somehow got warped ontop of the cover you were meant to hide behind, then when i finished he couldnt get down. So i carried on, then it re-spwaned him but still stuck up there. I had to die to get him down.