NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

I'll admit, I always pre-order from GAME. The double points thing really racks up your total and I've always recieved the game on the Thursday before release, which is good considering I reside in Scotland.

Time Pilot now on XBLA if anybody is interested.

400 points.

Has anyone tried this game out yet? Some are saying its awesome, other say its sucks.

Has anyone tried this game out yet? Some are saying its awesome, other say its sucks.

Had a go on the trial version, and it's Time Pilot, just like it was in the arcades many years ago.

It's not a bad game, but not great either.

Time pilots not bad its just basicly shoot enough enemy ships untill the boss comes then kill that to get to the next level and repeat.It starts pretty easy but gets harder it also has the same online options as frogger co-op and versus i think theres also a total of 5 levels overall its not bad for 400 points.

It doesn't matter you can get like 200 points from it regardless.

another question:

the core 360 has no hard drive yea...and the premium has 20gb. So how much space for demos etc does the core system have?

It doesn't matter you can get like 200 points from it regardless.

That wasnt the question though also you can get 200 points from nearly every arcade game.

Seperate, but why the fuck are you ordering from GAME?

There seems to be a problem with my account and gameplay at the mo!

I preordered Saints Row in may and today it was cancelled for no apparent reason (so the woman says).

I had to re-order it today and hope that they haven't sold out of them, because it's the day they dispatch them out.

This may happen with Dead Rising next week! and i have the limited edition tin version on preorder for £37.99 (god knows how). So i'll be quite dissapointed if they cancel that for no reason and i don't get the limited edition for that price. :)

Oh crap, Just Cause is out soon and it looks brilliant. So do Star Trek Legacy, Lego Star Wars II, Dead Rising and Enchanted Arms. I can't afford them :(

another question:

the core 360 has no hard drive yea...and the premium has 20gb. So how much space for demos etc does the core system have?

the Premium has about 12GB of space in the end for demos/music etc.

the Core doesnt have any storage space so you'll have to buy a memory unit or a HDD anyway.

thats why only dummies or impatient people at launch got/will get a core.

Woohoo, got my 360 back today, just in time for saints row tomorrow

i'm really not interested in Saints Rom-dont ask why, it just doesnt appeal to me. no matter how good it is i'll see it as a poor GTA clone and im not a big fan of GTA either.

but congrats on the 360-geting-it-backage!

Dead Risings Megaman suit in action.

Just another reason to look forward to it.

Shortly after release, Dead Rising drew ire from gamers who had a difficult time reading some of the on-screen text. Those affected most by the issue are players with standard definition television sets and smaller high definition sets. This prompted many to accuse Capcom of developing exclusively for HD gamers, as the game had been touted as one of the first truly "next generation" titles available for the Xbox 360. On August 10, 2006, a Capcom representative posted on Xbox.com, saying:

"Dear Everyone, I have heard your concerns and passed them to every source within Capcom possible. I feel your pain as I, myself, have a large SDTV and am having trouble reading the mission objectives, item names, etc. Unfortunately it does take time to resolve any issue and we would want to fix the issue appropriately as any changes to any game can create additional problems from the result of change; that's just how game programming works and that's why games go through extensive game testing programs and approvals. [23]

On August 17, 2006, Capcom went on record saying they would not be fixing the problem and released some DIY solutions, stating:

"Unfortunately Dead Rising was optimized for High Definition TV's. Due to this, the font in the game might be difficult to read on standard definition TV's,".

Capcom suggested that users try the following to fix the problem:

"1.) Adjust the settings on your TV or monitor

2.) Try using component cables instead of standard composite

3.) Setting the TV to widescreen ratio may help in some cases"

This game also has unreadable disc errors on certain 360's, it appears that no matter how many copies of the game you try it will freeze or tell you the disc is unreadable.

On August 24, 2006, an article on http://www.gamerevolution.com[24], said to be from an unnamed interviewee, stated that the release and mass sale of Dead Rising has coincided with increased XBox 360 failure, leading many to believe that the game is causing the machine to break down. While no official statements have been made by either Microsoft or Capcom, the interviewee in the article has stated that the cause of the failure is most likely to be Dead Rising's use of the 360's Dual-Core processors, which causes more heat within the console, although Capcom have not revealed whether or not they do use the dual-core processors.

Sounds quite gay.

Sounds quite gay.

Already read both things elsewhere.

Personally I had no problem reading the item names on my 20" SD TV and the crap about DR fucking 360s up sounds like a load of bollocks and is apparently a rumour started by someone in Sonys employ.

Dead Rising could be black and white, 320x240 resolution and blow up your television for all I care, i'll still be buying it.

Dead Rising could be black and white, 320x240 resolution and blow up your television for all I care, i'll still be buying it.

if it was black and white i dont think anyone would buy it-we need the claret!!!

Dead Risings Megaman suit in action.

Just another reason to look forward to it.

Megaman FTW!! I cant wait to become the Bluebomber in this game, hell I just cant wait for this game period.

Anyone else get Saints Row today ?

Its a wkd game :) Only had a lil go on it as I have got work soon :( Will get stuck into it after work