Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not in here to start fights or anything... and im not coming in as a fanboy looking to start arguements. What i have come in here to do is to ask whatsall the fuss about the Xbox 360.... about? because as far as i can tell if i wanted one its gonna cost me around £300 for a "new" console that does nothing new apart from having better graphics. It seems to have the same old games and the same old take over your living room size as the old Xbox did.

So my question is what is all the fuss about? and why should i buy one? also what does it offer that i cant already get on an old xbox or cube or even ps2?

As someone who's not all that bothered about it just yet (but will be once the right game(s) and possibly a price drop come along) I can help answer some of that.

I'm guessing you're enjoying MK DS online, imagine that but being able to choose exactly who you want to play with, and being able to speak with them at the same time. Xbox Live is excellent. Even if it wasn't improved upon(as I'm sure it will be) it'd be good enough for the "next gen".

With regards to the matter of how big a console is, do you really live in that tiny a place that it makes much of a difference? Personally once the thing is on the shelf under my TV I hardly notice it until something goes wrong or it's time to replace it with a new box under the TV.

Complaining about the same old games while waving the Nintendo banner is also a little hypocritical isn't it? How many Mario Karts is this? Are Mario Soccer, Mario Baseball and Mario Basketball huge break-throughs?

Complaining about the same old games while waving the Nintendo banner is also a little hypocritical isn't it? How many Mario Karts is this? Are Mario Soccer, Mario Baseball and Mario Basketball huge break-throughs?

Yeah i suppose your right, but it just seems it's alot of money to be spending out on a slight upgrade from an Xbox to a Xbox 360 when the Xbox coulda had another few years run.

I suppose well just have to wait and see if they come up with any new games that havent been churned out many times before with slight differences.

Yeah i suppose your right, but it just seems it's alot of money to be spending out on a slight upgrade from an Xbox to a Xbox 360 when the Xbox coulda had another few years run.

I suppose well just have to wait and see if they come up with any new games that havent been churned out many times before with slight differences.

its hardly a slight upgrade, havea look at the specs of the two consoles then comeback. Wy do people keep saying its nothing new. It doesn't have to be new to be good, the virtual boy was new, was it any god - NO!

I don't understand why people come out with this "it does nothing new" remark. The gamecube didn't do anything new over the N64, it just brought out games in nice lovely better graphics.

Xbox live certainly is a lovely online component and it's growing more on the 360. It's alot more than just a place to game online now.

its hardly a slight upgrade, havea look at the specs of the two consoles then comeback. Wy do people keep saying its nothing new. It doesn't have to be new to be good, the virtual boy was new, was it any god - NO!

Yeah the specs might look like a huge leap.. but on screen it doesnt appear as huge as the specs might make you think. Oh and i guess your right also that things dont have to be new to be good, but if your investing £300 in something you expect it to make your old thing exempt because it has come on leaps and bounds.

So basicly what you guys are saying is that if i was to buy a Xbox 360 im to expect an Xbox with better graphics in the same sorta way the Cube is a better N64. Well then its just down to the games... as i have no idea what they are like, on the surface they just seem same old same old.. i will have to investigate a bit more

The things is its diffiirent this time around, its more complexed, its not just more raw power like from the ps1-ps2 theres now 3-cored processers, and things like that which have more potential, i think the ps3 will be farrrr better in specs than the 360 but i also think no next gen consoles will have the full power ever used, just part of it.

I dont care about the specs me like aslong as the games are good. 360's games at launch arnt that good really imo but there is some great games to come.

eg: halo3,re5,gears of war... theres 3 games there that will sell millions and im sure there is more to come

both the 360 & ps3 are going to have amazing graphics and prob the revo when nintendo release the specs and show us some screens. all depends on gameplay

The 360 has by far the best launch line up ever! - FACT

Why do you people judge the console by its launch line up, surely everyone knows it will take developers a long time to get used to the new architecture of the console. WIth time, just like every console, developers will begin to produce stunning games. Surely you don't just buy a console to last you a month.

I hate Tesco, those freaking fools. I went down today to see if my 360 was gunna happen.

And guess what, they fools said they weren't getting any in... there goes my 360...

Nah I don't think I'll bother, what I've played of it didn't impress me.

Despite having spoken with my cousin about it (he works for Currys) and him being more or less positive he could get me one reserved on launch day including his employee discount.

But when you get that nagging feeling while playing Kameo that "Hmm..actually this isn't that great, and certainly not worth £300", make sure you think of me ;).

I wouldn't waste my time, and besides i have £300 to burn! lol

:wink: :hehe:

i hope everyone 'else' enjoys there 360's when they get them thursday/friday! and i hope you don't have any problems with it. Espicially CooInTheZoo's and Caris's who have actually shown 'excitement' for it from the beginning, which i like to see. :)

haha cheers mate, I hope yours and everyone elses works fine to. Theres nothing more that upsets me is when Xmas goes wrong (e.g. microsoft repairing my 360)

Remember guys, 2pm, 25th Dec, Pefect Dark. Bring it ON!

*Mumbles and grumbles* >.< :cry:

I'm in the same position. No one has any idea of how many they are getting. This is becoming an A class piss take.

rang my local asda AGAIN, they confirmed the stock (which was the same as that ASDA stock list someome posted earlier) and said theyv had a lot of intrest, and wont be getting anymore before 2006, Also said im ok to go early and sit around instore.

Gonna be a long and boring day