Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gears of war is gunna be so underrated and one of those forgotten hits i think

anyone tell me please:

1.) the core 360 doesnt have a harddrive yea? so how do you save games/music etc to it if its got no hardrive?...do i have to get a memory card of some sorts?

2.) anyone know of a site that does amazing deals on premium 360's?

3.) how much is streetfighter etc on xboxlive..if it not with money but another way i.e gamerpoints how do you raise your points?

4.) do u have to pay for demos? and how long does it usually take to download them?

i wanna get the 360 premium as the deal sounds alot better but i dont want to be spending LOADS with the wii coming soon as well. When i put the total of xb360, wireless charge kit, 12 month sub to live, test drive unlimited and kameo it comes to a awful lot. Then theres GoW, Splinter cell, WWE SVR 2007, forza 2 before xmas :o....also want a wireless live adaptor but thats around£50 gah

guess i have to choose...360 or wii for this year...i cant miss zelda..but i could always get a wii for my b-day in feb next year hmm..what to do what shall i doooooooooo.

gears of war is gunna be so underrated and one of those forgotten hits i think

anyone tell me please:

1.) the core 360 doesnt have a harddrive yea? so how do you save games/music etc to it if its got no hardrive?...do i have to get a memory card of some sorts?

2.) anyone know of a site that does amazing deals on premium 360's?

3.) how much is streetfighter etc on xboxlive..if it not with money but another way i.e gamerpoints how do you raise your points?

4.) do u have to pay for demos? and how long does it usually take to download them?

i wanna get the 360 premium as the deal sounds alot better but i dont want to be spending LOADS with the wii coming soon as well. When i put the total of xb360, wireless charge kit, 12 month sub to live, test drive unlimited and kameo it comes to a awful lot. Then theres GoW, Splinter cell, WWE SVR 2007, forza 2 before xmas :o....also want a wireless live adaptor but thats around£50 gah

guess i have to choose...360 or wii for this year...i cant miss zelda..but i could always get a wii for my b-day in feb next year hmm..what to do what shall i doooooooooo.

GoW wont be underrated, everyone is looking forward to it and has been excited about it since last E3.

1) Core doens't have a hard drive, you'll need to buy a memory card for £30. You wont be able to get any demos, play Xbox games unless you have a HDD.

2) Nope, sorry

3) Games cost Microsoft points (or something similar), they are explained on http://www.xbox.com

4) Demo's are free, they're anywhere from 300mb-1.5Gb. It will depend on your connection speed and how big they are for a time.

Don't buy the play and charge kit. But yourself a 2 good sets (4 batteries) of rechargeable batteries and a charger, play with 1 set whilst you're charging the others, it will save you lots of money.

Can someone please explain the obsession with gamer points?

Is there a benefit you get from them that I don't know about?

Is the only thing that other people can see how many points you have?

If so, don't folks realise that by buying into the whole points thing they're just being played like complete fools by MS?

If so, don't folks realise that by buying into the whole points thing they're just being played like complete fools by MS?

I agree,i've never seen the incentive.

I'd care about them if they rewarded you by say giving you a certain amount of Live points once you'd get so many.

It's fun.

For me at least.

I don't get much free time these days so when I get 1-2 hours free to play it's nice to have something obvious to aim for in that time. Achievements are one of the obvious ways for me to do this. The other, lesser, reason is that it gives me and my (real life) friends some healthy competition alongside the leaderboards.

I don't understand why this means MS is playing me like a fool but if that means i don't have to take pictures of my tv showing the ending of prey and posting it to my mates as proof that i completed it then fool me up MS!

I don't understand why this means MS is playing me like a fool but if that means i don't have to take pictures of my tv showing the ending of prey and posting it to my mates as proof that i completed it then fool me up MS!

Some people are buying games just to get gamerscore.

It can be fun to try to earn points, last weekend I played my Xbox for hours just to try and get more gamerpoints than Takeo. Once I'd done it I got bored though and some achievements are daft, and not worth playing for. I wont be points whoring anymore but I can see why people play to get points.

I don't get why someone would buy a game just to get points though.

Oh and while I'm here, I finished Kameo!!!!!!! Thank GOD. :-| And my play time was only 11 hours. I was amazed considering how many times I had to redo things cus I kept getting killed.

HOPEFULLY my xbox1 will be sold soon (thread bout it on sales/trades) as soon as i sell it then i can buy a 360 off ebay or freeads/newspaper :D. Test drive unlimited will be MINE! gunna get a wireless live adaptor if it doesnt come with the console :). I know its £49.99 or so but my folks have said i have no option cause of bla bla bla...cable bla bla bla..no more connections.

Gunna get my Wii early next year now :) im sure a bunch of mates will be getting it anyway and will show me zelda and other games.

November 17th-same day as PS3 Launch in Europe.

12th is for America.

17th!? That's the same day as Sonic is out over here*! Two brilliant games released on the same day, fantastic!! I don't care about cash either - I'm not gonna miss out on these.

*Note: I'm a biased Sonic fan.... though Heroes and Riders did suck... :heh: