N-Europe

Game's 10 day returns policy?

It seems stupid, this is not a policy.. it's law in fact.

If you have the receipt as a consumer you are entitled to a full cash refund within 7 working days/10 days.

It's like trading standards or something.. as long as the product is in good enough condition to be able to be sold again (I guess this decision is up to the manager)

And being unsealed is not a good enough reason to refuse a refund unless it is a PC game or the game's box says so.

Retailers like send the games back at no cost to them and they get resealed I presume.. I did so with some DVDs that didn't work on my PS2 (for some weird reason) and they said that wasn't a good enough excuse.. argued the toss with the manager and he gave me cash refund instead of gift vouchers.

I read on a different forum that they are going to get rid of it because of the amount of people that abuse it

i hope they do. i will then go and buy something not use it take it back. they will refuse and i will sue. i love the american way.

Yes, i've bought games from there, beat them and taken them back plenty of times now. Some may call it devious, others may call it dishonest. I call it a free 10-day rental.

It is open to abuse, and frankly i've never understood why they still continue with the policy.

It is open to abuse, and frankly i've never understood why they still continue with the policy.

Because it's a selling point to be honest. I for one only buy from GAME when I am planning to exploit the policy. I imagine most people either end up keeping the game or just swap it for another, in which case GAME are still getting their 35 quid.

Don't make it too obvious you'e abusing it though (ie seven games in seven days) because there is meant to be a three-game limit. If you're nice (or nice looking) then you'll get away with it for a while, but theres been a fair few people we've had to say "nope, you've reached your limits".

(company not employees)

Thanks ;)

I read on a different forum that they are going to get rid of it because of the amount of people that abuse it

Any game that can be completed in less 10 days isn't worth it.. simple as that.

You can complete virtually all of a Tony Hawks/Activision game in a day.. why bother paying for it?

You "could" even get a nintendo game out, use the stars and return the game. I have a friend who used it as a rental service, he went back about 4 times, each time swapping the game over for anouther, they got angry with him, but there was nothing they could do, they told him he couldn't return it a 5th time. :D

You "could" even get a nintendo game out, use the stars and return the game. I have a friend who used it as a rental service, he went back about 4 times, each time swapping the game over for anouther, they got angry with him, but there was nothing they could do, they told him he couldn't return it a 5th time. :D

The people who accepted it back shouldn't have. The product needs to be returned in "the same condition it was sold in".

It seems stupid, this is not a policy.. it's law in fact.

If you have the receipt as a consumer you are entitled to a full cash refund within 7 working days/10 days.

Are you sure thats the Law?

Here in Norway the consumer Law is different for games and DVDs.

You lose your right to swap as soon as the plastic comes off.

I work in a gamestore and often have to show customers the Law on games and dvds

It is NOT the law. I work in a shop, and we have trading standards botices pinned up.

A retailer is ONLY legally obliged to offer a refund if the product is faulty at the point of purchase and the snsumer was not aware of this.

Legally you are entitled to an exchange within a reasonable period of time.

i would exploit it but i love the games i buy too much!

and i prefer gamestation and the one in birmingham on new st is brilliant and a very nice size :D

I go to that one a lot it has loads of games on two floors one retro whilst the other new games