Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Doctor Who

KKOB

Oh yeah, the details that the retaillers have about the episodes on the Series 5 Volume 1 DVD/BluRay indicate that the first episode of the new season is an hour long while the rest are the usual 45 minutes

Edited by Serebii

New Info:

- Production team acquired new cameras for the series in order to specifically give it a new look - a look compared to the likes of Harry Potter, Twilight, Tim Burton etc.

- first episode is 65 mins long.

- Current series films until the end of March

- Next series starts filming in June, I would expect they do the Christmas special then.

- episodes 12 and 13 are very FX heavy.

New Info:

- Production team acquired new cameras for the series in order to specifically give it a new look - a look compared to the likes of Harry Potter, Twilight, Tim Burton etc.

- Next series starts filming in June, I would expect they do the Christmas special then.

Definitely has that fantasy look you see in films, gives it a good distinction from the other series

New Info:

hmmmm those two are enough to make me not watch it at all. However I do think they need to try and do something to distinguish it from the Eccleston and Tennant era. Perhaps this is it..

New Info:

From what I read, they said it was like a little pinch of those franchises, not like a lot of it

And I go back to my earlier point; how the fuck does it take so long? :p

C'mon, if America can do a 22-26 part series (incl. sci-fi) between June/July-March (and air Sep-May) then sur -- oh wait...it's BBC...and it's Welsh.

Never mind.

C'mon, if America can do a 22-26 part series (incl. sci-fi) between June/July-March (and air Sep-May) then sur -- oh wait...it's BBC...and it's Welsh.

Never mind.

American shows aren't as consistent in quality

I won't take that bait :p

Although take something like Dexter, comparable in length and consistently great and they only work 9 months of the year, and the first few are planning.

(and okay I suppose a Californian working day is longer than a Welsh one due to sunshine but whatever...)

Never mind.

But American shows often do one annoying thing which is continue to film/post episodes well into airing the season, causing large gaps in the series. The latest House Season is a prime example.

But American shows often do one annoying thing which is continue to film/post episodes well into airing the season, causing large gaps in the series. The latest House Season is a prime example.

That's the network's fault, not the creators. Look at 24 and I think Lost. Networks decided to not break them up so its aired Jan-May/June.