Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Doctor Who

KKOB

So are they actually going to go to a different planet this season?

They seemed to be stuck on earth for the first two of the new Who (:D).

They went to the black hole planet and New Earth last series, but yeah I think there will be different planets this time.

I just think that Doctor Who like this, is a result of the changing needs of TV, they have to cram it into an hour, or 2 when they split them up in two parters. Whereas the other stories seemed to run for weeks on end..

I think that's partly it, although saying that they did drag out some of the old ones a bit. But another thing that has strongly contributed to its decline is the effects, back in the day special effects were a lot more limited, and the budget was a lot smaller, now they've got the technology to do decent effects, and a much bigger budget to finance them, they are using them to distract people from the bad writing, and it is working, for the most part.

Daleks in Manhattan is an episode of the British science fiction television series Doctor Who.

It will be broadcast on BBC One on 21 April 2007, and is the fourth episode of Series 3 of the revived Doctor Who series. It is the first part of a two-part story, and the first two-parter of the series.

The story is set in New York City in 1930.

There is, however, trouble in the Big Apple, as the Daleks make an unwelcome return, this time attempting to create a Dalek/Human hybrid in the sewers.

Daleks in Manhattan is an episode of the British science fiction television series Doctor Who.

It will be broadcast on BBC One on 21 April 2007, and is the fourth episode of Series 3 of the revived Doctor Who series. It is the first part of a two-part story, and the first two-parter of the series.

The story is set in New York City in 1930.

There is, however, trouble in the Big Apple, as the Daleks make an unwelcome return, this time attempting to create a Dalek/Human hybrid in the sewers.

Set in the sewers?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

What's the betting there is absolutely no filming actually done in New York?

Oh god I hope they don't.

Utopia is the eleventh episode of Series 3 of the revived Doctor Who series. This episode sees the return of Jack Harkness, and the introduction of a character called The Professor, played by Derek Jacobi. The Daily Mirror reports that Jacobi's character will be "a 'good guy'" who "plays a key role in preventing the world from ending."

Utopia is the eleventh episode of Series 3 of the revived Doctor Who series. This episode sees the return of Jack Harkness, and the introduction of a character called The Professor, played by Derek Jacobi. The Daily Mirror reports that Jacobi's character will be "a 'good guy'" who "plays a key role in preventing the world from ending."

Shouldn't you mark that stuff as spoilers?

Set in the sewers?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

What's the betting there is absolutely no filming actually done in New York?

Actually, there has been some filming done in New York, but non with David Tennant. Most scenes of the episode are filmed in Cardiff.

Mind you, this isn't the first time Cardiff has been used for a New York setting, the remake of "Alfie" was also filmed in Cardiff.

But its the 1930's New York City.

Parts would have been similar. If not its not that hard to dress the streets, or edit in post production. They try, bless them, to make Cardiff look like everywhere. Don't think it'll be that hard to put up billboards for Dean Martin shows etc (if I'm getting my Rat Pack timeline right)