NEurope
KKOB

Doctor Who

What are the bets that Davies is going to do as much damage as possible before he finally leaves? If the Daily Star are correct and Simm is back in, he's only going to kill him again.

And why can high profile American movies and TV shows keep plots, characters and other important details under wraps until we're close to the release, whereas literally everything regarding Doctor Who must be released to trashy UK tabloids half a year before the episode airs?

What are the bets that Davies is going to do as much damage as possible before he finally leaves? If the Daily Star are correct and Simm is back in, he's only going to kill him again.

And why can high profile American movies and TV shows keep plots, characters and other important details under wraps until we're close to the release, whereas literally everything regarding Doctor Who must be released to trashy UK tabloids half a year before the episode airs?

Unfortunatly your so so true!

Before The Christmas Invasion? Surely, thats not possible, Rose was travelling with The Doctor before then- unless the report means before the Auton invasion in Rose?

Of course, either way she'd recognise the Doctor when he regenerated from Nine to Ten? Wibbly wobbly, timey wimey stuff.

IGN are reporting BBC Films are prepping a Doctor Who movie.

As are the BBC

Specifically, they're discussing the announcement of Ten appearing in the Sarah Jane Adventures, but as a footnote, confirms BBC Films are working on a script.

Edited by david.dakota

And the new companion has been announced!

_45840965_who_bbc226b.jpg

Little-known actress Karen Gillan has been unveiled as the next assistant in Doctor Who.

The 21-year-old will star alongside new Time Lord Matt Smith in the new series, to be broadcast next year.

Gillan has already appeared in the drama, having played a Soothsayer in The Fires Of Pompeii in the last run.

"I am absolutely over the moon at being chosen to play the Doctor's new companion. - I just can't wait to get started," she said.

'Incredible actor'

"The show is such a massive phenomenon that I can't quite believe I am going to be a part of it.

"Matt Smith is an incredible actor and it is going to be so much fun to act alongside him," she added.

Head of Drama, BBC Wales, Piers Wenger said she brings "energy and excitement" to the role.

"When she auditioned alongside Matt we knew we had something special," he said.

Writer and executive producer Steven Moffat said they saw some "amazing actresses" but Gillan "walked through the door the game was up".

He described her as "funny, and clever, and gorgeous, and sexy. Or Scottish, which is the quick way of saying it".

"A generation of little girls will want to be her. And a generation of little boys will want them to be her too," he added.

Gillan, from Inverness, developed a love for acting after attending several youth theatre groups and taking part in various school productions.

At the age of 16, she decided to pursue her career further and left school to study acting at Edinburgh's Telford College.

She went on to secure a place at the Italia Conti drama school in London and landed her first role in the Scottish drama Rebus.

Parts in Channel 4's Stacked, The Kevin Bishop Show and James Nesbitt's forthcoming film Outcast followed, but the role in Doctor Who is her first high profile to date.

Doctor Who's looks like it's going all 'teen' [despite them not being!]

I don't really like the direction they're going with the age of the characters, including the Doctor, either...

Had a feeling this was happening. Looks to be just another Merlin-esque show now.

Well let's hope they can pull some sort of rabbit out of the hat then and surprise us all...

Ok well I know that's not likely to happen but I am hoping that the new series will at least be entertaining, which shouldn't be asking a lot. :heh:

At least it's someone good-looking. It won't fully replace the hotness of Tennant, but it's a start.

Don't go judging just yet. I remember when David Tennant was announced to be the 10th Doctor, I thought he was going to be absolute shite. Alas, I was proven wrong. Same with Catherine Tate as an assistant (there's no denying she was shite in the xmas episode, though). After all, I doubt they'd make such a huge mistake on a successful show like Doctor Who.

Hopefully once Davies is out of the picture the show will be as good as it has promised it can be in episodes (I'm thinking of Blink specifically here).

Although I am in love with the new assistant since she's hot and a red head which is the best type of hot.

I'm not sure i'm allowed to like her, being 30 and she being 21.

If you like her, you like her - if you don't you don't. Don't let social conventions determine your own feelings.

If you like her, you like her - if you don't you don't. Don't let social conventions determine your own feelings.

I think the Missus is a bigger issue that social conventions.... sshhhhh....

Digital Spy is further speculating the the BBC are to announce a Doctor Who movie at Comic-con, later this month.

David Tennent has apparently suggested he has signed up for an as yet unidentified Scifi project, while outgoing show producer, Russell T Davies, has hinted a 'special project' is soon to be announced. Both are said to be attending this years Comic-con, which further fuels the rumour.

Fingers crossed.

The new Tardis is too blue and the windows look terrible...it just doesn't look right. I guess I'm used to the one 9 & 10 used but still...the repaint was a bad idea lol

article-1200883-05C6E23F000005DC-378_468x609.jpg

Not so bad in this one but

article-1200883-05C6E1D6000005DC-104_468x565.jpg

It just doesn't look right

Edited by Serebii

And it seems the doctor has employed Chuck Bass' personal shopper.

It's worth noting that

Alex Kingston has been spotted on set reprising her role as River Song

And it seems the doctor has employed Chuck Bass' personal shopper.
*Shudders*

Yeah the new Tardis looks pretty aweful... like he bought it at a future intergalactic branch of a certain swedish furniture company.

And that outfit is cringe worthy, especially the rolled up trousers and boots!

... oh and the bow tie... oh and the shirt... and the jacket...

New assistant just looks like a young Donna in the pic!

Edited by Retro_Link

I trust Stephen Moffatt to give good stories though, based on his previous who work anyway

lol it still looks like a Tardis. I don't get people who complain about small changes. omg the tardis is a new shade of blue! omggggggg they say. it looks very much "old doctor who" to me. But..I do agree the windows look weird haha. I like the look of the companion too. Cute and old schooly

I'm sure the new Tardis will look fine on screen, with the right lighting, and as for the costume, it's a bit plain, but at least they haven't gone down a trendy or emo look that I was worried they'd use.