NEurope
KKOB

Doctor Who

Doctor Who Confidential: The Eleventh Doctor: Extended MATT SMITH Interview

It was never going to be someone famous, but Simon Pegg would have been awesome!

Also thought about Alan Davis, who would have looked the part, but don't think he'd of been right for it.

Will have to wait before I judge this new guy, but he does look wierd and far too young, but still!

Roll on EMO Who! *sings* Eeeeeemo Whooooo, Emo Who, Emo Who..... *sings*

EDIT:

Also, how old is his assistant gonna be!! They're traditionally younger, but it won't be by much now!

You can bet he'll never get an older assistant like Donna because it would come across just like his mother and would not work!

Maybe they are setting it up for the Doctors Daughter to be his companion? and would be a fitting age.

Oh dear.:heh:

What a joke, the Doctor is meant to be getting on for one thousand years old, but seems to be getting younger and younger all the time. Not only would it be more fitting for the character to be older, but it might promote respecting your elders, but the BBC are obviously more interested in ratings than conveying a positive message.

I agree. I'm not impressed by this boy- I'd never heard of him before tonight.

Also thought about Alan Davis, who would have looked the part, but don't think he'd of been right for it.

They should bring Jonathan Creek back for a series or two! Anyone see the two hour special t'other night? It wasn't amazing, but it was decent enough.

Also, how old is his assistant gonna be!! They're traditionally younger, but it won't be by much now!

You can bet he'll never get an older assistant like Donna because it would come across just like his mother and would not work!

Maybe they are setting it up for the Doctors Daughter to be his companion? and would be a fitting age.

Could be Sally Sparrow? Tbh though I don't want her paired up with this new wally.

Could be Sally Sparrow? Tbh though I don't want her paired up with this new wally.

The DrWho fans scared Carey Mulligan so much that she wont be doing any tv work agian

ot1riufl91s5ytqjkuew.png

lol

They should bring Jonathan Creek back for a series or two! Anyone see the two hour special t'other night? It wasn't amazing, but it was decent enough.

God yes. I was waiting about 5 years for that episode.

Oh dear.:heh:

What a joke, the Doctor is meant to be getting on for one thousand years old, but seems to be getting younger and younger all the time. Not only would it be more fitting for the character to be older, but it might promote respecting your elders, but the BBC are obviously more interested in ratings than conveying a positive message.

You do know what the whole concept of regeneration is right? Plus he's only 3 years younger than Peter Davison was when he took the role...will be 2 years younger when it airs

as long as i've got some decent stories, and this young whipper snapper acts his pants off, i'll be perfectly happy.

God yes. I was waiting about 5 years for that episode.

Did you enjoy it? I mean I used to loooove it when it was on years ago, but I found that ep intensely annoying. As I said somewhere else on here, I think I've just become too cynical.

Good luck to the new chappy, he does indeed have bit boots to fill though. Obviously won't be as good as you could have been Daft!

I'm just gutted by the fact that:

1. He's kinda emo (not that emos are bad, i just think an emo doc is way not cool)

2. He is not David Tennant *cry*

But he seems lively enough, and may eventually grow on me!

Well he gets the missus's vote as in her words "oh I'll have a bit of him"

He looks ok, never heard of him so I dont know if he can act or not, but I'm sure they would not cast someone rubbish and fuck up their biggest show going at the mo.

He has huge shoes to fill so good luck to him he is going to need it.

Did you enjoy it? I mean I used to loooove it when it was on years ago, but I found that ep intensely annoying. As I said somewhere else on here, I think I've just become too cynical.

I don't think it needed to be two hours but I did enjoy the return of the Creek.

Good luck to the new chappy, he does indeed have bit boots to fill though. Obviously won't be as good as you could have been Daft!

Well there goes the TARDIS remodelling. :heh:

To be frank, he actually looks like he could be a good Doctor. I've never heard of him but after looking at some of the stuff he's done, he could do a good job. As many have said already, big shoes to fill.

You do know what the whole concept of regeneration is right? Plus he's only 3 years younger than Peter Davison was when he took the role...will be 2 years younger when it airs

Completely, regeneration is a new body, not necassarily older or younger. And citing Peter Davison as an example isn't a good thing, not only was he one of the worst Doctors, but they regenerated him in to an older model.

I'm not so sure whether he'll do a good job as the Doctor or not but good luck to the guy anyway. But as everyone has said here, he's got one heck of a job so I hope it works well.

I've never heard of the guy myself but hopefully he'll be a very good Doctor, as David Tennant was.

Lily linked to new Dr Who role...

http://entertainment.uk.msn.com/music/news/nme/article.aspx?cp-documentid=12490894&GT1=61501

Lily Allen to star with Dr Who Matt Smith?

Lily Allen could be appearing as 'Dr Who''s new sidekick, people behind the show have revealed.

The BBC are looking for a girl to join the new Doctor Matt Smith when he takes over from David Tennant in 2010, reports The Daily Telegraph.

Executive producer of the show, Piers Wenger, told the paper: "Having got the casting of the Doctor out of the way, the companion role is where we will be looking next. Someone terribly exciting like Billie Piper, who was at the beginning of her acting career but who had a profile for other reasons, would be great. We are looking for someone whose light can burn brightly."

Sources say that other female celebrities being considered include Kelly Brook and Rachel Stevens.

Wenger added: "We would never cast anyone on the basis of their celebrity, but if Lily wanted to audition we would be delighted. It would be a lot of fun."

Rumours I know but...

Don't really like Lily Allen, but I can see what they would be trying to do with that one, i.e. Billie Piper/Rose Tyler version 2!

As for Kelly Brook, she's a tall big boned girl and would dwarf the new Doctor!! unless they do constant angles trickery!

And Rachel Stevens, lovely girl, but they might as well cast a plank of wood!

Lily linked to new Dr Who role...

Rumours I know but...

Don't really like Lily Allen, but I can see what they would be trying to do with that one, i.e. Billie Piper/Rose Tyler version 2!

As for Kelly Brook, she's a tall big boned girl and would dwarf the new Doctor!! unless they do constant angles trickery!

And Rachel Stevens, lovely girl, but they might as well cast a plank of wood!

Sounds about right for the (don't give a damn) BBC.

Yeah just like Paterson Joseph is the Doctor, Catherine Zeta Jones is the Doctor yadda yadda yadda

Don't people realise by now that these things are to throw people off?

Yeah just like Paterson Joseph is the Doctor, Catherine Zeta Jones is the Doctor yadda yadda yadda

Don't people realise by now that these things are to throw people off?

Yes we [ I ] do, realise these are probably just nothing rumours! but it's still nice to have something to talk about! You'd like to close the thread then yeah? and just start a new one once the new series starts!

Isn't what I meant :p

Besides, I've got a feeling it will be Georgia Moffett. Afterall, it was Steven Moffat that suggested having her to live in The Doctor's Daughter.

I am very disappointed to be honest. I have nothing against an unknown actor gettting the role but not one so young....I loved the way they tried to play it out in Confidential that they needed an actor who was young and old at the same time. Like it's a good thing. After the more action orientated days of Tennant I wanted to see a more older quirkier doctor. I don't want some cheeky chappy with his youthful energy. I guess the series has taken a very different direction and is more action orientated. I've been thinking about picking up the older Who's on DVD reckon I will do now and see what me love the series as a kid.

One problem I have realised is with the regeneration in general. It for me to work requires an assistant with genuine emotion attachment or at least have been with them for a while. Otherwise I feel the Doctor's regeneration lacks context as it needs somebody who has shared experiences with the doctor in his current form. People get what I mean?

You know who I'd like to see as the Doctor's new companion? Bill Nighy.

Hey, don't think they didn't ask.