Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Playstation Discussion Archive

CooInTheZoo

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to look at the facts, the PS3 is an advance in technology and like it or not, people love to be up to date with technoogy, no matter how much it costs.

If anything, i think the 360 has made me more likely to purchase a PS3. Strange you may think, but i'd never have considered paying £300+ for a console, but i did for the 360 and now i have it, it doesnt even cross my mind of its cost. It's done with, its in my living room, i have it. End of. And thats the way i'll feel when getting a PS3, it's going to be what, £450? Totally unacceptable and not in my deepest considerations would it cross my mind, but when you look at the figure as only £150 more than a 360, it doesnt seem so bad.

I'm not defending the price, i'm just saying those who buy it won't think twice once it's sitting there in their living room and they can forget of the money they departed with.

Guest Jordan

We aren't even fully sure that its £425, thats before tax and a straight conversion from the Euro price.

It could even get to £500.

What there's no point is blocking some features from factory, like Sony is doing with PS3, or compromising a Hard Drive being standard like Microsoft did.

Detachable HDD on the 360 was a good idea.

Means you don't have to lose everything when the console fucks up.

Shame Sony didn't think that idea was worth ripping off.

Detachable HDD on the 360 was a good idea.

Means you don't have to lose everything when the console fucks up.

Shame Sony didn't think that idea was worth ripping off.

I'm not going against that, the easier to swap discs the better.

Original PS2 also had a expansion slot that could take in a Hard drive, so it wouldn't be a rip off in the first place :P

but everyone should have one HDD by default on X360, that would make it standard and more developers could take advantage of it... having this "cheaper" version without HDD will mean it'll never be standard, it's just like the HD-DVD add-on's that are coming for X360, seriously... it'll never be standard (sadly). there's always someone out there without one.

The marketing slogan for PlayStation 3 has been revealed, yet nobody seems to have noticed! Therefore, Kikizo "reveals" the tagline with a video to prove it.

The official slogan for PlayStation 3 in Europe: "This is Living".

The seductive, ludicrously shiny black casing of PS3, marked with the iconic lettering of the PS3 logo, disintegrates into a thousand pieces before re-forming into a bold, bubbly font spelling the words This is Living, a logo in itself which beats like a heart twice 'up-close' and then twice 'distant' (repeat)...

The sequence, which you can see in its entirety below, was revealed in Germany last week at the Leipzig Games Convention, in between a line-up of updated trailers at Sony's public booth. Yet, despite some 150,000 consumers and 2,000 journalists being present at the event, the first evidence of the slick branding seems to be on this very page.

01c.jpg

A SCE European representative today confirmed to Kikizo that the slogan is the final European PS3 slogan to be used for launch marketing. This presumably includes the UK but SCE UK could not confirm this for sure at the time of press. The SCEE spokesperson added that he could not confirm whether North America and Japan would use their own slogans (which seems likely).

Link

You have to look at the facts, the PS3 is an advance in technology and like it or not, people love to be up to date with technoogy, no matter how much it costs.

If anything, i think the 360 has made me more likely to purchase a PS3. Strange you may think, but i'd never have considered paying £300+ for a console, but i did for the 360 and now i have it, it doesnt even cross my mind of its cost. It's done with, its in my living room, i have it. End of. And thats the way i'll feel when getting a PS3, it's going to be what, £450? Totally unacceptable and not in my deepest considerations would it cross my mind, but when you look at the figure as only £150 more than a 360, it doesnt seem so bad.

I'm not defending the price, i'm just saying those who buy it won't think twice once it's sitting there in their living room and they can forget of the money they departed with.

Agreed. Also it's a blu-ray player, which i'm quite interested in. I'm hoping we will be able to rent blu-ray movies around the same time as it's released.

Agreed. Also it's a blu-ray player, which i'm quite interested in. I'm hoping we will be able to rent blu-ray movies around the same time as it's released.

last thing i read in edge about blu-ray was that universal, warners and paramount aren't supporting the format.

Fact of the matter is, if you think the 360 is value for money you are a ****. Although the PS3 seems expensive at first, if you consider its specs it is an absolute bargain.

$599 is never a bargain esp if we have to pay 500 GBP thats a fucking rip off!!!

i dont like people who say that! at the end of the day its a console, on which you play games, not some fucking multifaceted media center with bells and whistles or a super computer for your TV.

i want it to play games and im not paying 500 on a console full stop. 280 for the 360 premium is aboutnormal for a new console- 300 is about right for a top of the line console, always has been.

Sony can ram the PS3 up their arses . . . oh wait their heads are too far up there already!

$599 is never a bargain esp if we have to pay 500 GBP thats a fucking rip off!!!

i dont like people who say that! at the end of the day its a console, on which you play games, not some fucking multifaceted media center with bells and whistles or a super computer for your TV.

i want it to play games and im not paying 500 on a console full stop. 280 for the 360 premium is aboutnormal for a new console- 300 is about right for a top of the line console, always has been.

Sony can ram the PS3 up their arses . . . oh wait their heads are too far up there already!

where are you getting £500 from, its £425. If all you car about is games, get the cheaper model. Problem solved.

where are you getting £500 from, its £425. If all you car about is games, get the cheaper model. Problem solved.

someone above posted that the 425 guide figure is before tax and said a figure closer to 500 is more likely.

anywho we'll see soon enough . . .

Fact of the matter is, if you think the 360 is value for money you are a ****. Although the PS3 seems expensive at first, if you consider its specs it is an absolute bargain.

Fine, if you want a Bluray player, if you don't then it really isn't worth it.

No 20GB model in Europe and if you want any games with it and the usual things like extra controllers then it's easily topping half a grand.

...i likes your style... ;)

Fine, if you want a Bluray player, if you don't then it really isn't worth it.

No 20GB model in Europe and if you want any games with it and the usual things like extra controllers then it's easily topping half a grand.

and lest we forget that the games are rumoured to be anything from £50 and UP! they'll probably charge a fortune for the stolen game boy color tilt sensor thing they've shoved into the controller too.

Hooray, it's a bluray player! How many people are really that desperate to early adopt bluray and buy a clunky, overpriced first gen player? If you weren't going to get a PS3 would you even be considering getting a blueray player at that stage? Remember people buying the PS2 and justifying spending their student loan on it at launch because it was a DVD player, only to discover that by the time they had a half-decent DVD collection they realised that it was shoddy and far inferior to the cheapo models that Tesco started stacking up for next to nowt once DVD had established itself as a format?

Worst justification for shelling out on a bit of kit ever, especially with Sony's previous record of introducing new media formats in Betamax, MiniDisc and UMD.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!