NEurope
CooInTheZoo

Playstation Discussion Archive

When did playstation adverts EVER have anything to do with the console?
When did Sony have anything to do with games? :laughing:

They just do with machines....

Oh, I just realized... their adverts aren't about machines either. :hmm:

i hate to be negative guys but I think the Sony marketing guys know what they are doing. Sony's marketing is the key to it's success after all.

cough *fanboys* cough

i hate to be negative guys but I think the Sony marketing guys know what they are doing. Sony's marketing is the key to it's success after all.

cough *fanboys* cough

very true, it generates hype for some reason, but i can see how it appeals to older 'more sophisticated' people in that it doesnt actually have anything to do with games.

where as M$ were sureal but still very gamey and Nintendo focuses on their games and how you play them-as in the nintendogs, brain training and channel 4 sponser ads.

maybe theres something to advertising a games console without actually mentioning games. their marketing in the 90s was excellent and even the 3rd place thing was pretty cool this seems a little too, well, bland.

When asked "Can I still play my PS2 games, etc... on PS3?", and it gives the answer and then at the bottom in fine print it says this, and I quote:

"* Some PlayStation 2 or PlayStation format software titles may perform differently on this system than they do on PlayStation 2 or PlayStation systems, or may not perform properly on this system. In rare instances, CDs, DVDs, Blu-ray discs and other media may not operate properly on the PS3 system. This is primarily due to variations in the manufacturing process or encoding of the software.*"

:laughing: :laughing: http://ps3.net/newsboard/view.php?id=440

PS3 GETS DELAYED TILL MARCH 2007 IN PAL TERITORIES

:o

HEHEHEHEHE *rubs hands together*

now people will either wait for PS3 before even thinking about looking at the Wii or Wii wil totally kick ass this Christmas. Nintendo better not make us wait till 2007 for Wii.

TBH it all kinda makes sense now, i mean the low production yield and the fact that as of about 2 weeks ago sony still hadnt started manufacture.

i bet all the people who have prorders are pretty pissed about it. i mean it was originally spring 2006, then November as a water tight date, now its some time in March 2007, almost 2 years after the PS3 first got 'demoed' with that Killzone trailer *snigger*

Nintendo FTW

PS3 GETS DELAYED TILL MARCH 2007 IN PAL TERITORIESHEHEHEHEHE *rubs hands together*

*snigger*

Grow up, Seriously.

How bad is this for Sony ?

Kids would have kicked and screamed for one for x-mas and the parents mite have caved in but now ? March release date, very bad news

I was going to get one at launch but now im kinda relieved, because my money was running low

I can get alot more Wii games now :)

Grow up, Seriously.

you upset or something???

i'm happy that sony keep fucking up, not so happy that the people who want one have to wait even longer when it was meant to be coming out march 06.

new sony are what old nintendo was.

I saw the news and have to admit I burst out laughing with my best imitation Boycie laugh. What a shame for PS3 fans, but if Nintendo can sneak the Wii out in time for Santa's departure they're going to have a good thing going down.

Surprisingly i'm not bothered! Just get the games i wanted for the 360 now! :bouncy:

but will the Wii be released this year in Europe? Nintendo will be STUPID not too!

Surprisingly i'm not bothered! Just get the games i wanted for the 360 now! :bouncy:

but will the Wii be released this year in Europe? Nintendo will be STUPID not too!

It has to, after all Twilight Princess has to come out this year, and the GC version will come out on the same day as the Wii one... Nintendo isn't prepared to not launch Wii, in any part of the globe, since cube is dead and there's no system sellers for it coming.

ROFL @ sony. yet another broken promise. treat europe with such dis taste is abismal.

It has to, after all Twilight Princess has to come out this year, and the GC version will come out on the same day as the Wii one... Nintendo isn't prepared to not launch Wii, in any part of the globe, since cube is dead and there's no system sellers for it coming.

true and they have been manufcatoring Wii for quite some time and their anticipated hardware sales numbers for 2006 is pretty high, so its very very likely production was started a while ago and everything is just being warehoused and shipped-or perhaps its the slight changes to the Wii-mote that mean we'll have to wait till the anticipated november release.

please Nintendo dont do a Sony ;)

do a sony?? is that a dance? with slight variations in america and japan it is more in time with the music rest of the world it is a little off beat.

EDIT:

MCJ i will join you just to lol

you upset or something???

i'm happy that sony keep fucking up, not so happy that the people who want one have to wait even longer when it was meant to be coming out march 06.

new sony are what old nintendo was.

No im not, i doubt i would of got one at launch anyways, and i know you hate Sony, im not the biggest fan either, all im saying is that we all get the message so you can stop with he childish digs ALL the time...

Halo 3 in March ?

LOL i can see it coming

that would be :horse: for sony me thinks. couple that with a price drop :shakehead

RIP sony.

Halo 3 for Xbox 360 + Super Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Bros Brawl in march = Ultimate pwnage for Sony in Europe.

Sony just keep shooting themselfs in the foot... *bam-bam-bam-bam-bam-BAM!* Just like that.

Halo 3 for Xbox 360 + Super Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Bros Brawl in march = Ultimate pwnage for Sony in Europe.

Sony just keep shooting themselfs in the foot... *bam-bam-bam-bam-bam-BAM!* Just like that.

Plus DragonQuest Wii :shock:

More "bad" news... :D Launch for Japan and America is officially a joke:

Well, here's some rather interesting news from the Sony camp. Sony has originally planned on a November 17 global launch for the PlayStation 3, but those plans have been completely hosed. It is now reported that Sony will delay the launch of the PS3 in Europe until March of 2007. To make matters even worse, Sony is only going to make available 500,000 total units split between the United States (400,000) on November 17 and Japan (100,000) on November 11. For comparison, Microsoft had about 1.5 million units of the XBOX 360 available at launch -- and we all know how well that went over.

"We decided to focus on the Japanese and U.S. markets. I am so sorry not to be able to answer to all the expectations," said Sony CEO Ken Kutaragi. Problems with manufacturing blue laser diodes are putting a serious strain on PS3 production and are part of the reason for the delay and low launch numbers. Kutaragi went on to say “We've been working hard to try to tackle the problem, but we see the delay is inevitable."

Mass production of Sony's Cell processor isn't even expected to start until the end of this month according to Kutaragi. And as a result of this production snag, Sony has revised its shipping estimates from 4 million units at the end of 2006 to just 2 million. Bottom line: if you thought you were going to have trouble getting a PS3 this year, your chances just got much worse.

Source: http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=4081

Half million consoles for two major markets, is that even called a launch? More like a paper launch! the console won't be out in christmas, in any part of the globe, apart from 15 guys who paid extra price for it.