NEurope
CooInTheZoo

Playstation Discussion Archive

Now THIS is hilarious:

Source: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=19430

Funny, how hypocrit "graphics don't matter" stance is, could it be another downgrade in the horizon? :grin: or is it that the graphics on PS3 are stuck on X360 level? :woops:

One thing I know for sure... AI on PS3 and X360 should be no match for any PC CPU today, as both console's CPU's are just crap at general purpose processing.

Unlike he states... It really wasn't a concern when designing their architectures, they simplified general purpose processing threads to achieve more MHz (and more fill rate), there are no 3,2 GHz PowerPC's out there, old PowerMacs only achieved 2,5 GHz, for a good reason.

A Xenon @ 3,2 GHz is actually equivalent to a Pentium IV Celeron 1,7 GHz when it comes to general purpose. PS3's CELL is no better. (actually it could be worse. Xenon has 3 cores after all, while PS3 has one PPC raped custom core with 7 SPE's that are only suitable to run microcode.

But generally speaking... a Xenon core @ 3,2 GHz is 2 times as powerfull as the original Pentium 733 MHz of the first Xbox in real world general purpose... impressive, heh?

Still PS3 will see a big improvement in AI since PS2 was so horrible at it in the first place.

Also considering Online is supposed to be the future aswell there will be a lot of games where AI is no longer needed since you have real oponents.

I see your point, which is a technical one and I would probably agree if I knew anything about that stuff (so I'm with you :grin: ).

I actually found this pretty weird. I mean I don't really know any game which was amazing due to the AI. It has always added to a game but I have never really seen it as feature which has made a game fantastic. Plus he talks about art. Pfffft my ass! AI just means that a porgram will do all the work for you and you don't have to do the art! The guy doesn't even know the meaning of the word!

Look at some of PS2s most "arty" games. From the ones I think of (MGS, Shadows of the Collosus, FF etc) none of those were made good by AI. Hell it didn't even make HL2 that much better. Is it just me or are they struggling to find decent reasons for it to be a good games machine?

Is it just me or are they struggling to find decent reasons for it to be a good games machine?

they've got Bluray and Cell, what more do they need?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I actually found this pretty weird. I mean I don't really know any game which was amazing due to the AI. It has always added to a game but I have never really seen it as feature which has made a game fantastic.

I can think of one, "Advance Wars" on the GBA. This therefore prooves that the power of the cell is necessary for great AI. It has absolutely nothing to do with the developer :grin:

AI is not like graphics. You dont just up the horse power and instantly get better effects.

And totally agree with the reasoning that AI is largely irrelevant in the age of online multiplayer. And we really dont want anything too smart else skynet will come online.

lmao!!!

hey it happened with MGS2

I was actually being serious.:hehe: But yeah its funny.:laughing:

What the fuck...that video has NOTHING to do with the console.

Well...this is living you know...lol

*worst slogan evar*

They never have.

Actually your right shino, does any one remember the video they showed the E3 just gone?

Had like Sony fans in it, and it ended on a retarded note:

Ugly fan: Like, im gonna beat you coz.... Ermmmm... I dunno I just am!

That always annoyed me, I felt glad to state it.

typical sony i say. show nothing of your product, go on your name alone with some obscure shit that'll get the foolish out there to buy into it coz they think it's "cool"!

and on another note... i see sony even have to steal fonts these days!!...

383838107a1949465610b902767435l.jpg

Actually your right shino, does any one remember the video they showed the E3 just gone?

Had like Sony fans in it, and it ended on a retarded note:

Ugly fan: Like, im gonna beat you coz.... Ermmmm... I dunno I just am!

That always annoyed me, I felt glad to state it.

i wanted to murder sony and anyone who had any involvement with that god damn evil trailer!!!

I dont remember the giant crab from Genji 2 looking like this?

genji-days-of-the-blade-20060901002756662.jpg

More screenshots can be found here.

MD gif. :p

1097.gif

WOW! I really need to gey my self a ps3 at launch.

Deliberate typo?

and on another note... i see sony even have to steal fonts these days!!...

383838107a1949465610b902767435l.jpg

Sony own Spiderman, so they're not actually stealing, for a change.

i saw it, i thought it's a pile of cack! especially the whole video thing they have for this is playing. typical sony advertising really. i also think the camera obsession is weird lol

"Sony own Spiderman, so they're not actually stealing, for a change."

wait Marvel own spiderman don't they??? so you must mean that they own the right to make the movie or something??? Sorry if I'm wrong.

"Sony own Spiderman, so they're not actually stealing, for a change."

wait Marvel own spiderman don't they??? so you must mean that they own the right to make the movie or something??? Sorry if I'm wrong.

Yes, Sony Pictures make the Spiderman movies.

When did playstation adverts EVER have anything to do with the console?