CooInTheZoo

Playstation Discussion Archive

This is the beginning of the end....

Worse is yet to come....

*close....shut...the....jaws....of oblivion....*

This is the beginning of the end....

Worse is yet to come....

*close....shut...the....jaws....of oblivion....*

yay even more sony bad news!!! manufactoring faults oh joy!!!

Sony have screwed up the PS3 launch really, thats it. I'm slightly surprised. Obviously announcing the date in May was a rather stupid move.

My worry is about the Wii launch now. You may all be happy Sony aren't in the picture till next March! but what if Nintendo now act lazy and release the Wii in Jan of 2007 in Europe or something? Thats still 2 months before the PS3 is released. We all may love Nintendo but you can't say Nintendo have done well with launches in the past!

The Gamecube took too long, the N64 had a games drought through-out it's life and the Gamecube was released a whole six months after Japan also!

I'm generally worried. Nintendo normally do the opposite of what we all think they should do.....lets hope they don't this time.....

The curse of Blu-ray you think pedrocasilva?
Nah, it's the curse of promising too much.

Are they stupid or what, they ought to have planning going on in there, it was obvious to the public that the console wouldn't launch in Spring 2006 yet Sony waited to much to confirm what's obvious.

It was also obvious with all the production problems that they would have problems launching in one territory let alone 3 continents. Yet they delayed the announcement, and kept the fans going, the developers going, and now they drop the bomb, all the bad announcements in one day. they didn't realize this yesterday, they just think they can get away with it.

Why releasing the bomb now? because launching it in TGS would cost them, it would be highlighting their issues, for a no show. Dropping this now was their last chance to do so.

And notice how they announced the change in the European launch date and then released in parallel that they would have 500 thousand units for US and Japan's launch. We are talking about the delay, instead of the limited quantities, thus Sony thinks she managed to reduce the damage. One news to overshadow the other. The european launch date hardly concerns US and Japanese users though.

It's a pretty bad sign when the general public sees through a company PR stance, and that's happening a lot with PS3, if the general public can predict... what about the guys at Nintendo and Microsoft? Sony must be laughing stock there by now, that's never a good omen.

Sony have screwed up the PS3 launch really, thats it. I'm slightly surprised. Obviously announcing the date in May was a rather stupid move.

My worry is about the Wii launch now. You may all be happy Sony aren't in the picture till next March! but what if Nintendo now act lazy and release the Wii in Jan of 2007 in Europe or something? Thats still 2 months before the PS3 is released. We all may love Nintendo but you can't say Nintendo have done well with launches in the past!

The Gamecube took too long, the N64 had a games drought through-out it's life and the Gamecube was released a whole six months after Japan also!

I'm generally worried. Nintendo normally do the opposite of what we all think they should do.....lets hope they don't this time.....

Nintendo must have a solid roadmap... and a strong launch line-up for starters, the thing they might do is delay the titles that could use more polishing, maybe Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3...

Still titles like Zelda, Wii Sports, Red Steel, Far Cry, Rayman... will be available at launch.

Perhaps it would be very clever to launch Mario Strikers Charged when PS3 launches in europe, since Mario Strikers is a big system seller for europe. (notice how they unvielded it in LGC in europe, that's why, because strikers is mainly aimed at europe.)

If we knew PS3 would have very limited units available at stock, Nintendo always knew that (even better), yet they seem to have a pretty offensive stance, I wouldn't be worried, they won't scrap it out of pity for the competitor.

The Wii, with launch titles including The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime: Corruption, now has every chance of becoming a best-seller over the crucial Christmas period

Does Sky know something we dont ?

Source

More lies?

Warhawk is no longer alone in its support of the new functionality built into Sony's PlayStation 3 controller. According to the latest issue of Famitsu, the kids over at Factor 5 are working on making Lair compatible with the controller as well. The controller's tilt-sensors will be used to directly control your dragon, the magazine reports, without going into specifics.

Does Sky know something we dont ?

Source

If they do that's one hell of a line-up.
More lies?

Warhawk is no longer alone in its support of the new functionality built into Sony's PlayStation 3 controller. According to the latest issue of Famitsu, the kids over at Factor 5 are working on making Lair compatible with the controller as well. The controller's tilt-sensors will be used to directly control your dragon, the magazine reports, without going into specifics.

That part is true, pretty old news though, Factor 5 will use the sensors, since you fly with the dragon it's easy to make it turn, dive and all using gyroscopes.

That's pretty much what gyration shown Nintendo 3/4 years ago (with Rogue Squadron 2), the question that bares to be asked is how presise are these Gyroscopes, I'd pray for them being inferior to the Wii ones, like the incomplete copy they are of the wiimote and gyration technology.

Also... Nintendo do a Starfox for Wii! (with RogueSquadron3-like graphics)

Anyone gonna import or that is not really a possibility?

I'm not intending to get one, I was just wondering.

Should stregthen the launch line-up. Anything major due out in Europe between Nov and March. Will they be delayed further or all pile on for the launch?

I'm not intending to get one, I was just wondering.

Should stregthen the launch line-up. Anything major due out in Europe between Nov and March. Will they be delayed further or all pile on for the launch?

ASSASINS CREED

With the limited stock in the other regions your best hope for importing would be Ebay, and then you'll be looking at a grand plus pricetag.

Well im kinda upset about the PS3 delay. Now how am I supposed to pay for Christmas?

Some good news for Sony on a day they'd otherwise rather forget - Polyphony Digital has "categorically denied" reports that it's canned the PSP version of Gran Turismo.

Recent reports based on a translation of a Famitsu Weekly article suggested that Gran Turismo 4 Mobile, which has been trailed since before the PSP even came out, had been put on indefinite hold.

(...) according to the developer. "We can categorically deny all speculation which suggests that PDI is not developing a GT franchise game for the PSP," the company said in a statement to Eurogamer today.

Advertisement

"In fact, we've reached the stage where a GT4 equivalent runs on the PSP hardware. However, our main focus at present, is the development and release of a GT title for the PS3 platform."

"Once this has been completed, we can return to, and jump-start, development for the PSP version. In regards to release dates and details, we'll be making further announcement, at a later date."

GT4 Mobile has been delayed repeatedly since it was announced ahead of the PSP's launch. Originally down for a late 2004 release in Japan, it then slipped to spring 2005, and since then it's become a bit vague.

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=67369

There you have it... no GT4 for PSP until GT5 ships on PS3, note that the GT HD shown at last E3 was no more than GT4 in HD running from a personal computer... they are late alright.

No GT4 on PSP until 2008/2009.

Sony did it again, how many people bought a PSP for this?

Maybe Sony will try to hold thousands of pissed gamers with GT1 and GT2 running through PSone emulation...

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=67369

There you have it... no GT4 for PSP until GT5 ships on PS3, note that the GT HD shown at last E3 was no more than GT4 in HD running from a personal computer... they are late alright.

No GT4 on PSP until 2008/2009.

Sony did it again, how many people bought a PSP for this?

Maybe Sony will try to hold thousands of pissed gamers with GT1 and GT2 running through PSone emulation...

In no way does it say or hint at the PS3 title being GT5, it is almost certainly GT4 HD.

Well im kinda upset about the PS3 delay. Now how am I supposed to pay for Christmas?

Yeah, my best friends cousin is really gutted. Had 3 of the fuckers on pre-order, the guys mad. Ah well, he's not lost anything, he just doesnt gain anything for a while..

In no way does it say or hint at the PS3 title being GT5, it is almost certainly GT4 HD.
Are they really going to relaunch GT4 in a HD version? :indeed: shouldn't they be working on GT5 instead?

What about the people who already bought it once? and that demo before it; GT4 Spec-A. GT4 will run on PS3 through emulation in the first place, supposedly, and the original could run at 1080i on PS2... it's already HD.

It does say that GT4 is on indefinite hold though.

LOL, they aren't trying to make PSP run GT4, but also PS3 XD

Are they really going to relaunch GT4 in a HD version? :indeed: shouldn't they be working on GT5 instead?

What about the people who already bought it once? and that demo before it; GT4 Spec-A. GT4 will run on PS3 through emulation in the first place, supposedly, and the original could run at 1080i on PS2... it's already HD.

It does say that GT4 is on indefinite hold though.

LOL, they aren't trying to make PSP run GT4, but also PS3 XD

Yep, i see absolutely no idea why. Polyphonic Digital just seem to take the piss sometimes.

Microsoft Stance:

Decision to move launch date is "not surprising"

Xbox UK boss Neil Thompson said that Microsoft is not surprised Sony has "backed away" from its commitment to a global launch for PlayStation 3.

"We know how challenging it is to pull off a global launch, so it's not surprising that Sony has backed away from their previously announced launch plan, due to the unproven technology they are trying to pack in to their console," he said.

Microsoft brought Xbox 360 to market in Europe, Japan and North America late last year, pulling off a simultaneous global launch - although hardware shortages did follow. With the PS3 delayed until March, MS now faces one less competitor this Christmas; but according to Thompson, that will make little difference to the success of Xbox 360.

"Europe remains a priority for us. That is why gamers have been able to experience Xbox 360 from day one, and why we're confident we're going to have a great Christmas - regardless of what competitors are or are not in the market," he stated.

Thompson went on to observe that Xbox 360 owners will have more than 160 software titles to choose from, with the likes of Viva Pinata, Gears of War, Pro Evolution Soccer 6 and FIFA 2007 due out in time for Christmas.

In addition, Thompson continued, Xbox 360 offers "a growing and innovating online gaming service, fantastic entertainment capabilities, optional HD-DVD capability and a great value price".

He concluded, "These factors will help us reach our goal of 10 million consoles sold worldwide by the end of the year."

Source: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=19515

I really doubt Nintendo would do this, they've probably got everything planned and set in stone. If I were Nintendo, I'd cease this opportunity for a better head-start!

What does worry me, however, is the multi-format games. I hope devs don't push back the 360 releases of thier titles just because the PS3 isn't out on time.

What does worry me, however, is the multi-format games. I hope devs don't push back the 360 releases of thier titles just because the PS3 isn't out on time.

I doubt they will, PS3 will be in 2 out of 3 regions and Sony need software on the market for them to make up their losses on the hardware.

I'm pretty sure:

Call Of Duty 3

Tony Hawks: Project 8

Rainbow Six: Vegas

Sonic The Hedgehog

Where more ready on the 360 then PS3 anyway! I've preordered these games for the 360 now. I'm hoping they won't be put-back, i'm pretty sure the dates will remain the same for 360 though.