NEurope
CooInTheZoo

Playstation Discussion Archive

I'm still really looking forward to Lair, although controlling with the tilt is worrying me....Still it looks so cool and total mayhem!

I'm going to reserve judgment to i play it i think...

It's Out August 14th in the States and 25th September in Europe, supposadely.

For £425 you can get any 2 1st party games and Virtua Fighter at Currys or at Virgin you can get any 2 1st party titles and Ninja Gaiden Sigma. Both these deals come with the 2 pads aswell.

The physics of Ridge Racer have been like that since the Type 4 days, it's the best way for the series. It just makes the game all about the drift and speed, which just makes it crazy fun. Shame you don't like how it is, because the games are great.

As for tips for Ridge Racer 7, I guess never using a dynamic car would help, they are for the hardcore of hardcore, as they slide around like hell, but do get you good nitro.

I usually use Mild or Standard for the racing. The drifting is alot more easier to control than the wild Dynamic. All I do while racing is as I approach the corner, I let go of the accelerator and then press it down again to start the drift, then just slowly tap the direction I want on the D-pad (yeah I use the d-pad, just can't use sticks with Ridge Racer for some reason) and once you think you've done the drift, straighten yourself out with the steering or letting go and tapping the accelerator again.

I hope you can get into it. I love the series since the Type 4 days, just can't get enough of the speed, slide and awesome music, it just all fits so well.

For £425 you can get any 2 1st party games and Virtua Fighter at Currys or at Virgin you can get any 2 1st party titles and Ninja Gaiden Sigma. Both these deals come with the 2 pads aswell.

Just found the Currys one on the website, looks pretty good i'll keep an eye on that.

The physics of Ridge Racer have been like that since the Type 4 days, it's the best way for the series. It just makes the game all about the drift and speed, which just makes it crazy fun. Shame you don't like how it is, because the games are great.

As for tips for Ridge Racer 7, I guess never using a dynamic car would help, they are for the hardcore of hardcore, as they slide around like hell, but do get you good nitro.

I usually use Mild or Standard for the racing. The drifting is alot more easier to control than the wild Dynamic. All I do while racing is as I approach the corner, I let go of the accelerator and then press it down again to start the drift, then just slowly tap the direction I want on the D-pad (yeah I use the d-pad, just can't use sticks with Ridge Racer for some reason) and once you think you've done the drift, straighten yourself out with the steering or letting go and tapping the accelerator again.

I hope you can get into it. I love the series since the Type 4 days, just can't get enough of the speed, slide and awesome music, it just all fits so well.

Thanks for the tips Dom, I will give it another try.

they are too busy supplying looks over fun. ;)

You want fun? Play PGR3 in Cat and Mouse mode. It's more laughs that a barrel full of monkeys. :)

if you don't like the PS3 don't come in here...

Well, why do you come to Wii forum then? Especially when many of your recent comments have been mostly negative, fanboyish and/or even factually incorrect.

lair: 6.0, 5.5, 5.0

crispin says the combat system is confusing, and the sixaxis controls don't always work the way they should. lock-on system is also jacked.

greg ford says the camera is frustrating in ground combat. the wide open levels hold a lot of potential but ultimately don't deliver

garnett says it's a "frustrating disappointment" with a few bright spots

:/

I thought the latest impressions said it was good? Not that I trust magazines anyway.

Well, why do you come to Wii forum then? Especially when many of your recent comments have been mostly negative, fanboyish and/or even factually incorrect.

just give carris a fucking break!

I think I shall pick up Resistance then, if I can find it cheap.

Nvm, I'm kind of tired of FPSs atm... Theres no good games:( When does White Knight come out again?

just give carris a fucking break!

Haha cheers mate. I'm not even gonna bother arguing anymore, some people will just never understand what a fanboy is.

Haha cheers mate. I'm not even gonna bother arguing anymore, some people will just never understand what a fanboy is.

When you notice can't win the debate, you always try to use "you are fanboy, I'm just poor victim, sob sob" card to ignore opposition. In fact, I can count over 10 cases like that from your recent post history. So answer me. Why you come to troll on Wii threads, but we shouldn't be allowed to post anything negative on these threads? If you don't answer, you have simply proven what I said. Hypocritical idiot.

Nvm, I'm kind of tired of FPSs atm... Theres no good games:( When does White Knight come out again?

Last time I heard TBA 2008. Folklore seems to be the nearest RPG-ish title for ps3.

Fucking hypocritical idiot. When you notice can't win the debate, you always try to use "you are fanboy, I'm just poor victim, sob sob" card to ignore opposition.

lol.

Read what i posted

"And the reason this has went way of course is becuase people need to learn the phrase "credit, where credit is due" no one on this forums gives Sony credit for anything when half the time it's due weather you like the Playstation or not. It would be nice for a Nintendo fan to say "thats pretty cool that" or "I've got to admit that game looks stunning on the PS3" for once. Instead of just posting bad news and bringing up there poor E3 all the time.

The wii ain't my cup of tea hense i sold mine, but i will openly say i like somestuff about it like the look of the machine, it's sexy as hell. And credit to Nintendo for what there doing cause there racking the cash in.

Not hard is it?"

Does that like a fanboy post, or a mature gamer trying to have a proper discussion.

Exactly.

If you have any more antics you would like to share pm me. Lets not clog up another thread.

Does that like a fanboy post, or a mature gamer trying to have a proper discussion.

Like the "I agree*", "Zech Merquise, you're total idiot", etc. These are truly meters of intelligent and mature discussion?

* Without anything else. It's just flamebait if you don't actually tell why you agree or not.

Save it. I said pm for one. And now you have changed from calling me a fanboy to immature cause you have just been proved wrong.

Am i not allowed to get frustrated every once in a while no? everybody does it's natural.

Now like I've said if you have anything to say PM instead of cloging this thread up.

Resistance is excellent for the online mode. Really recommended for a console fps.

Single player is a play once affair imo. Its good but not special like the online multiplayer.

Dont buy too many games right now i recommend saving for towards the last 4-4 months or so of the year. :smile: wIll be hard to afford so many games in that period. :heh:

Well I fired up MotorStorm this aternoon, not impressed at all by it.

The loading times on that game are just stupid and if its one thing that annoys me about games its that. The music on the game is also annoying as hell and the crash sequences are just far too long. If I dont get into it anytime soon then to the trade-in bin it goes. At this stage ExciteTruck simply owns MotorStorm.

Well yeah, the loading times are bad since the game doesn't use the HDD to load faster, but still I don't mind them THAT much. I have no problems with the music either, I like it. As for the crash sequences, when you crash keep pressing R2 a few times and they should end faster.

When you notice can't win the debate, you always try to use "you are fanboy, I'm just poor victim, sob sob" card to ignore opposition. In fact, I can count over 10 cases like that from your recent post history. So answer me. Why you come to troll on Wii threads, but we shouldn't be allowed to post anything negative on these threads? If you don't answer, you have simply proven what I said. Hypocritical idiot.

Dude... You are a fanboy.

Resistance is excellent for the online mode. Really recommended for a console fps.

Single player is a play once affair imo. Its good but not special like the online multiplayer.

Im loving the single player mode. I already beat it but I keep going back to various levels to get the Skill Points and new weapons that have appeared.

Well yeah, the loading times are bad since the game doesn't use the HDD to load faster, but still I don't mind them THAT much. I have no problems with the music either, I like it. As for the crash sequences, when you crash keep pressing R2 a few times and they should end faster.

My brother just bought this over the weekend aswell and he loves it, I will probably give it another shot.

I just watched the White Knight trailer at IGN (It's Old) and I just can't wait for this game now! The battle system looks absolutely amazing! I'm glad I bought a PS3 now!