NEurope
CooInTheZoo

Playstation Discussion Archive

People, don't go off topic...

I would love to put my present in her package.

2fd8f7c0tr4.jpg

Those 60 frames frames must be fast, since I can't see sh*t.

Hurray, PS3 can do 1920x1080p vaporware black at 60 frames per second, I bet that pushes the system to it's knees.

Those 60 frames frames must be fast, since I can't see sh*t.

LMAO:bowdown:

kotaku.com : A newly opened Bic Camera in Kawasaki, Japan, this beastly PlayStation 3 display unit has been installed. This monster looks bigger than many Tokyo apartments we've visited.

Armed with four very nice Sony Bravia hi-def displays, the unit has no playable software, but is instead looping trailers similar to the Akihabara-based display unit we covered last week which is currently running video of Afrika, Everybody's Golf 5, Genji, WarHawk and Eye of Judgment.

PS3.jpg

No word on whether any Bic Camera employees were crushed during the kiosks landing

LMFAO :p

I'd buy a PS3.

seriously if she comes included... I can understand PS3 needing a fan like that, I'd need one too :grin:

Amen. But Sony are greedy and will probably throw in a... come to think of it, nothing.

Why do they never give any playable games? I only played a PSP once in HMV because I asked. The demo ones were sealed in glass and playing trailers on a TV.

October 3, 2006 – Nyko Technologies®, a premier peripherals manufacturer, announced that they will be releasing the Intercooler for Sony’s PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system this holiday season. This device easily connects to the PlayStation 3 using patent-pending technology that works with the systems power port and vent system. Once attached, the high-efficiency external fan placement dramatically increases internal air flow and allows the console to run at optimal temperature levels. The Intercooler for the PlayStation 3 will be available between $19.99 and $29.99 at major retailers.

“The Intercooler for the Xbox 360 is a hit with gamers and critics, providing piece of mind that their state-of-the-art next generation console is running at optimal performance levels,” said Chris Arbogast, Marketing Manager at Nyko Technologies. “We are confident that the Intercooler for the PlayStation 3 will deliver equally impressive results for consumers that demand the most from their console while protecting their investment.”

make sure you downgrade it to 1.5 ish

How do I do that? Will I not be able to play UMD's if I do that??

Nintendo are the one's who are charging extra to make money off each Wii sold.
Sony is the one who tries to justify a overpriced games console with bluray playback, a tentative of (next gen) media disc monopoly for them.

Who wouldn't like a $300 PS3 without bluray? most of the buyers I think, Sony is just obliging them to have one. (although a PS3 without bluray still wouldn't cost $300 and break even)

Sure they are loosing money, but they expect to sell you a Sony HDTV, GT HD (without cars) and bluray films. amongst others... I only want a games console.

Also... Nintendo is "almost" breaking free from their consoles in US, according to PR's (I'm not putting my hands on fire, see), meaning a $200 would be dificult for them, so they justify the $250 price tag with a game we should all have in the first place... it's not bad.

Sure $250 is not 250€/£179 but still... I saw no one complaining when NDS costed 150€ :woops:

$250 is my limit for new console hardware... said this.. PS3 is way more expensive than that, does it offer more? arguably it offers less of what Nintendo wants to offer, since it only has a half-baked copy of wiimote.

Sony is the one who tries to justify a overpriced games console with bluray playback, a tentative of (next gen) media disc monopoly for them.

Who wouldn't like a $300 PS3 without bluray? most of the buyers I think, Sony is just obliging them to have one. (although a PS3 without bluray still wouldn't cost $300 and break even)

Sure they are loosing money, but they expect to sell you a Sony HDTV, GT HD (without cars) and bluray films. amongst others... I only want a games console.

Also... Nintendo is "almost" breaking free from their consoles in US, according to PR's (I'm not putting my hands on fire, see), meaning a $200 would be dificult for them, so they justify the $250 price tag with a game we should all have in the first place... it's not bad.

Sure $250 is not 250€/£179 but still... I saw no one complaining when NDS costed 150€ :woops:

$250 is my limit for new console hardware... said this.. PS3 is way more expensive than that, does it offer more? arguably it offers less of what Nintendo wants to offer, since it only has a half-baked copy of wiimote.

And the Wii has half backed games (a lot of them)

And the Wii has half backed games (a lot of them)
indeed, there's some ugly games coming :indeed: I wouldn't say a lot, but the ones who happen to look that bad should win a razzie award on graphics.

But it should be like that for all consoles, unless Sony/Microsoft prohibit titles like those (remembering how Sony prohibited 2D on PS2 without a special licence).

I don't think of wii as a expensive system, (nor X360 as is) but I find PS3 expensive, and I don't think it justifies that price as of now.

Getting Nintendo to loose money on Wii, like Microsoft and Sony do with their consoles would be good for us consumers, but in the end we can't blame a company from making a profit with her products, specially since they're cheaper anyway. On the other hand I really can't justify PS3's price with features alone, though, specially the non-gamer ones like bluray.

Still, of course I'm not impartial on this topic, I'll not argue on that, there will be people for whoom it's worth it, and I won't judge that.

BACK ON TOPIC M8s

nothinglolag4.jpg

:shock:Holy Jubbunga!!!:shock:....Whatever that means.

Damn I want that arse with me *slap*...

You have a gf Kurt....and you love her bum

...but that ones so much nicer:weep:

...Well she might not be so good higher up:);)

Good point:D

That thing is huge and in no way stylish.

Anyway, what does everyone make of the fact some analysits are reporting that it's frequently overheating (so close to it's release)?

Last week Sony Computer Entertainment president Ken Kutaragi delivered the keynote address at the 2006 Tokyo Game Show. As usual, he appeared confident, laying out his long-term vision for how the PlayStation 3 will take over many functions traditionally performed by the PC.

As for the PlayStation 3 launch, Kutaragi let Sony Computer Entertainment America president Kaz Hirai lay down the nuts and bolts in a video interview with GameSpot. However, the so-called "Father of the PlayStation," whose English is limited, did speak very briefly with British trade magazine MCV about the looming next-gen conflict.

When asked his opinion of the PS3's competitors, Microsoft's Xbox 360 and Nintendo's Wii, Kutaragi was blunt. "We don't care," he flatly told the trade.

But while he was confident about the PS3's chances, the executive also admitted that the console's launch was not exactly going according to plan. "Right now...we can't manufacture enough blue laser diodes for our PlayStation 3s," he said, "But we will resolve that."

Blu-ray diode production problems pushed back the PS3's European launch to March 2007. The console is still set to go on sale in Japan November 11 and in North America November 17. However, its day-one inventory has been drastically cut from 2 million units to just 100,000 units in Japan and 400,000 units in the US and Canada.

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/news/6159054.html