NEurope
CooInTheZoo

Playstation Discussion Archive

They're only saying that stuff about PSP vs DS because the DS is beating the PSP

It's so true! If the sales were equal or PSP had sold more he would have said something like 'we're aiming for the same market and same audience so we're very happy'.

Sony Bastards :mad:

Five to six years left for the PS2? I think not! Not with the Xbox360 out and the Wii's launch impending.

Of course the PS2 is going to live on for another 5/6 years. Probably more.

Heck, the PS1 has only just now stopped being produced, and it is STILL being developed for.

The fact is, the Wii won't make a dent when it comes to PS2 development and sales, and neither has the 360. There's already 90 million PS2's out there, developers are obviously going to go for the one that they have the biggest chance of making money on, the one with the biggest user base. They aren't going to switch over to the Wii and there's still more games being developed for the PS2 than there is for the 360.

Sony aren't being stupid, they're being entirely logical.

Of course the PS2 is going to live on for another 5/6 years. Probably more.

Heck, the PS1 has only just now[/] stopped being produced, and it is STILL being developed for.

who, what?

Ubisoft Dev says porting to PS3 means less available memory

Taken from Games Radar, from Edge magazine:

"Further to the Edge comments this month about how much better Call Of Duty 3 looks on 360 in comparison to the PS3 version, I noticed this in GamesTM this month On Rainbow Six Vegas.....

'' .....a chat with the Ubisoft development team shed a little light on he matter."All I'm able to say is that we're looking to ship on PS3 as well but we're not having specific content.....we're developing with 360 as our main development platform and porting to PS3 means that there's less memory available for us to use, but we're trying to minimise any drop in quality"..Such comments sugget that the gap in performance between Playstation3 and Xbox 360 is nowhere near as powerful as some would like us to believe and that the console may even be less able than Microsoft's..."

They also go on to say that only the 360 version will feature the face mapping technolgy and that their are no plans for PS3/PSP linkage or to use the sixaxis tilt technology.

Sony shares dropped 2.75 percent today in the wake of reports that PlayStation 3 units had to be frequently reset at the 2006 Tokyo Game Show; Sony says problems caused by high temperatures at venue.

A report from Macquarie Equities analyst David Gibson helped spur investor concern over Sony’s next generation machine.

"While the reason for [the PS3’s technical difficulties] is unknown, we suspect it may be due to overheating as a result of enclosing the units and the high temperatures at the [TGS] venue," Gibson wrote in a report. "We are concerned that such a problem has occurred so close to full production and is clearly negative news for the company."

Shares for Sony dropped 130 yen ($1.11) on Tuesday on the Tokyo Stock Exchange following the report.

Sony spokesperson Nanako Kato clarified the company's position on the matter to the Associated Press, saying that the 200 PS3s at TGS were grouped closely together in poorly ventilated in kiosks causing overheating issues and subsequent failures.

Kato said, “It's not a problem with the PlayStation 3 unit itself. For a normal player at home, there shouldn't be any problem." (LOL)

SCEA hadn’t replied to Next-Gen’s inquiries on the matter as of press time.

Source: http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3930&Itemid=2

Burn baby, BURN.

Score

my local woolworths will be getting the PS3 and wii, how ever i will be using my 20% off discount to buy both so lets see

wii + 3 games = £239 :laughing::D:santa:

Ps3 (60gb) = £340 :D:santa::laughing:

Score

Now you just gotta sit around till March or so.

That's bigger than the goddam wiimote..

EDIT: Also, this was under the pic on the psm3 site:

"Oh, and here's a picture of the PS3 remote control. It uses Bluetooth rather than infrared - meaning that you can use it behind a cushion. Another Sony first. Who said they'd lost it eh?"

Great, behind a cusion!!! you need to see the damn thing anyway, what's the big deal, that's just making it more expensive, and bigger.

vile remote btw -the 360 is a lot more appealing and less like a massive 80's VCR brick remote.

how much is wollies listing it as?

i been told around £425 for the 60gb vr,

i been told around £425 for the 60gb vr,

i was thinking that ish but i heard someone moan about adding VAT and stuff on top of it.

That's bigger than the goddam wiimote..

EDIT: Also, this was under the pic on the psm3 site:

"Oh, and here's a picture of the PS3 remote control. It uses Bluetooth rather than infrared - meaning that you can use it behind a cushion. Another Sony first. Who said they'd lost it eh?"

Great, behind a cusion!!! you need to see the damn thing anyway, what's the big deal, that's just making it more expensive, and bigger.

i am sucker for accessories, I may buy it any how

i was thinking that ish but i heard someone moan about adding VAT and stuff on top of it.

no that is the rrp, i am pretty sure £425 inc vat

Score

my local woolworths will be getting the PS3 and wii, how ever i will be using my 20% off discount to buy both so lets see

wii + 3 games = £239 :laughing::D:santa:

Since when do you get 20% discount on entertainment products at Woolworths?

Anywho, I pointed out the fugly 80s remote a while back, keep up :p

Since when do you get 20% discount on entertainment products at Woolworths?

:p

i am pretty sure it is 20%, unless that is just for clothes and food, i will check tomorow but if it is 10% just on entertainment products then atlease i will get £42.50 off the ps3

i am pretty sure it is 20%, unless that is just for clothes and food, i will check tomorow but if it is 10% just on entertainment products then atlease i will get £42.50 off the ps3

Its 10% on ent. And I wouldn't be surprised if they'd give it you. The margins are small, Woolies is going down the shitter, so I would see them preventing you from taking one.

Rumor: Leaked PS3 Pre-Order Memo kotaku.com

GameStop/EB Games isn't playing around with the PS3 pre-orders. In a recent memo, leaked to us by a friendly mole, corporate walks store managers through the pre-order process and stresses that people will be disciplined if the rules are broken. SEXY, I wonder if they'll use a ballgag?

Other interesting tidbits include the fact that online pre-orders will be available as bundles only and that stores can't reserve above their "reserve quantity." There is also an interesting mention of the Wii in the memo. I'll make sure to post once I get to the bottom of that tidbit. Please keep in mind this is a supposed to be leaked document, but we have no way of verifying it. Brian Crecente

Subject: PS3 reservation plan and reservation allocations!!!

Date: 10/09/06 3:26pm

Attention store personnel:

On Tuesday, October 10, 2006, you will begin taking reservations on the Sony PS3 under SKU 020072 (PS3 Premium Edition) and SKU 020071 (PS3 Core Edition). YOU MAY NOT BEGIN TAKING RESERVATIONS FOR THE PS3 PRIOR TO October 10, 2006. Reservations are to be processed on a "first come, first serve" basis for your customers. Under no circumstances are reservation "places in line" to be held for customers. Our online reservation program will be activated at a future date: online reservations will be available as "bundle-only."

No forced bundles or any other customer "requirements" are allowed (our online reservation policy may vary). Reservations will be limited to one system reservation per household (customer is allowed to reserve 1 Wii and 1 PS3 if desired)

As these systems are in short supply and high demand, all stores are being allocated on their reserve quantity. Stores are not allowed to reserve above their assigned reservation allocation for any reason. Reserving above your assigned qty can result in disciplinary action.

Your assigned allocation for the PS3 is "16" units TOTAL between the 2 system choices. You are only allowed to reserve "16" units TOTAL of PS3. No more than 2 of these systems can be set aside to be purchased by store employees.

Please use the tracking form below to insure that you only reserve 16 units. Please record each customer's name and phone on the form below each time you complete a PS3 reservation.

As you process each reservation, you will need to communicate the following message to each customer:

Reservations/Purchases are limited to 1 per household.

The reservation guarantees the customer a place in line only: it does not guarantee that the system will be available at launch.

Gamestop is not responsible for allocation shortfalls or shipping delays caused by the manufacturer.

Online product pricing and availability will vary and be fulfilled independent of store reservations.

As a service to your customers, please try to capture each customers correct e-mail address when processing the reservation. This will allow us to send updates to the customer as more games and accessories become available for their system.

fuck! 16 units per store . . . bundles only online . . . omg this is going to get funny for sorry and depressing for the poor fellows who want one at launch.

Sounds like Xbox 360 all over again. Hopefully it doesn't include rings of red lights when you own it for a few days.

fuck! 16 units per store . . . bundles only online . . . omg this is going to get funny for sorry and depressing for the poor fellows who want one at launch.

How many fights will there be outside game stores...

I can't wait for those people who smashed a 360 get their hands on one of those few PS3s and smash it in front of everyone.