Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Questions

Ashley

I thought Intensity was Hobbz as soon as he appeared. One of the first things he did was bump a creative thread by Hobbzinio and say "this guy is awesome! it's a shame he got banned ;_;" so it was pretty damn suspect. But iirc the IPs didn't match up at the time. When I checked a couple of weeks ago, they did match up. I'm guessing he used another PC/connection/proxy for a while then got lazy.

It's so obvious when old banned members come back anyway, they:

have opinions on staff and members

post a lot in general chit chat

barely post in wii discussion

have @live.com email addresses or similar

- no real new member goes straight to general chit chat or talks like they know who's who.

Heres a tip your IP banning doesn't work at all.

Also I can't believe you approved this account.

It's generally given out as a thank you for long service at N-E. So it's ex-mods, admins and staff members, with a few important forum members thrown in. Most of the time it's given upon they're leaving, so basically you won't notice any frequent posters with the Veteran title (apart from HoT, who quit being a mod and said he wouldn't be on here very much any more :indeed:)

What is the "subscribe to thread" function?

Also is there anyway that we can have specific threads that can only be accessed by certain users? I have an idea for a new forum game that could be based on using a similar function. Essentially, it would be two teams working on 2 different threads and essentially a variant of mafia but could be a lot faster paced.

That or (based on a multiple-thread, exclusive access system) a game could be designed which works around trench warfare. Just an idea, but if that functionality is possible then please let me know.

It is possible to ban specific users from a thread, which could serve your cause. Although I'm not actually sure if they're prevented from viewing it, or just posting in it.

Thread subscription means you will be emailed every time a new post is made in a thread.

What dyu think concpet of running a game like that? Possible or too much hassle?

Also, I'd be willing to be a guinea pig to test how the system works. As long as you can unban me, just pick a thread and ban me from it, then ill give you feedback. Make it a fairly old, low key one just to be safe.

It is possible to ban specific users from a thread, which could serve your cause. Although I'm not actually sure if they're prevented from viewing it, or just posting in it.

Thread subscription means you will be emailed every time a new post is made in a thread.

It also keeps a list of all subscribed threads in your user CP.

Hi warandchaos,

The following thread that you created has been deleted

-----

Thread: Which is the worst way to die?

Forum: General Chit Chat

Reason:

-----

This is an automated message, please do not reply.

Regards,

The Forum Management

Why was my thread deleted?

What dyu think concpet of running a game like that? Possible or too much hassle?

Also, I'd be willing to be a guinea pig to test how the system works. As long as you can unban me, just pick a thread and ban me from it, then ill give you feedback. Make it a fairly old, low key one just to be safe.

Hm I think the biggest problem is, you can only ban people that have posted in the thread, so it would take a lot of organisation on your part.

I did a test myself, you get a message saying you've been removed from the discussion, works very well and is easy enough to reverse.

The one about 4chan? Probably because 4chan is not really the same realm as N-E... while they do have a lot of discussion boards, there's a lot of illegal/adult stuff on there. A thread discussing it would just lead to spam and memes. But it wasn't my call so I can't say the exact reason.

Hm I think the biggest problem is, you can only ban people that have posted in the thread, so it would take a lot of organisation on your part.

I did a test myself, you get a message saying you've been removed from the discussion, works very well and is easy enough to reverse.

Ah thanks Shorty, muchly appreciated. I'm guessing mods (and maybe staff?) could do it when required?

I'll test the water to see if we can get the game designed with input from some of the other mafia players but it isn't something im looking at doing anytime soon. Need time to work out the balancing and so on.

Cheers again.

The one about 4chan? Probably because 4chan is not really the same realm as N-E... while they do have a lot of discussion boards, there's a lot of illegal/adult stuff on there. A thread discussing it would just lead to spam and memes. But it wasn't my call so I can't say the exact reason.
That one was just locked, im talking about the one i made this afternoon.