Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Questions

Ashley

Guest dynastygal
Because it's so aggressive. People talk to each other like they're dirt.

Well in some cases yes, but some other cases there is no 'talking to each other like dirt' etc, yet is still classed as an 'argument' by others...

Why is the slightest hint of disagreement automatically labelled as 'arguing' on here (notably by mods and admins)? Are we expected to all get a long like peas in a pod or what?

Says the girl who went running and whining to a mod about an argument between her and another poster by PRIVATE message?

I thought McPhee said he was going to hand out infractions to people who were still talking about that.

Anyway I thought someone made the "Make us laugh" thread before the "Funny Pictures..." thread was on Page 2. I think that may have been a thread that would make more sense to bump though.

I thought McPhee said he was going to hand out infractions to people who were still talking about that.

Nope. I said any more spam in the Suggestions Thread and i start infracting, as far as im concerned members can argue all they like as long as they do it in the right place and don't flame each other.

Oh, and guys, please stop spamming this thread. Posts will start getting deleted because it's getting hard to follow.

DynastyGal, if you have nothing to contribute to Forum Suggestions then get out of this thread. Same goes for whoever it is she's talking to.

Any more spam in here and i start handing out infractions

Guest dynastygal
Says the girl who went running and whining to a mod about an argument between her and another poster by PRIVATE message?

Instead of constantly trying to bait me, perhaps a more polite manner towards me is appropriate. That said. What I'm going on about is the instances where there is a disagreement within a discussion that leads to no insulting, or bad attitudes towards the other, but yet is still classed as an 'argument' by the mods (where they say "stop arguing" when the aforementioned disagreement arises).

Instances where there IS insulting and rudeness, fair enough (like the pm you seem to love to go on about), but where there isn't, I see no need for the "stop arguing" banner to be hoisted up.

Anyway I thought someone made the "Make us laugh" thread before the "Funny Pictures..." thread was on Page 2. I think that may have been a thread that would make more sense to bump though.

I made the "make us laugh" thread. Nobody reads the funny pictures for a start, and the idea was that the thread would bring out peoples' funniest stuff.

Ok, i see the bumping point now.

Hello, I have a question.

Is swearing acceptable or not? Many users like to use somewhat colourful language, and in a majority of cases this is tolerated. However, I have just had two posts deleted, and while I am yet to recieve an explanation, one presumes this is due to my use of the word 'fuck.' I would appreciate it if a member of the admin team could clarify their language policy to avoid any further confusion.

Thank you.

Hello, I have a question.

Is swearing acceptable or not? Many users like to use somewhat colourful language, and in a majority of cases this is tolerated. However, I have just had two posts deleted, and while I am yet to recieve an explanation, one presumes this is due to my use of the word 'fuck.' I would appreciate it if a member of the admin team could clarify their language policy to avoid any further confusion.

Thank you.

Officially, no, it isn't.

But as long as it's not directed at anybody and not too much it's OK. Your posts were deleted because you were flaming.

But then, there's lots of other words that also mean the same thing. We can't ban them all. I think it's pretty disgraceful that our posts are being censored at all to be honest.

This is rich coming from one of the guys who wants to see rokhed's pictures of him FULLY CLOTHED removed.

But then, there's lots of other words that also mean the same thing. We can't ban them all. I think it's pretty disgraceful that our posts are being censored at all to be honest.

There are, but unless I am forgetting any more profanic synonymns the rest are more playful and socially accepted, such as bajingo or faff. But as Moria says:

Those 2 words are considered the 2 most offence swear words, which is why they're censored.

Granted a lot of people here may not find it offensive because it seems, at least in my experience, women find it more offensive then men do. Not all women of course (my housemate loves the c-word) but thats the way it goes. There was a documentary about it a while ago, go watch :p