NEurope

Hey. When I joined there was this help section which answered questions about stuff like how to subscribe to threads and posting them and how to work them.

But I can't seem to find it now. Its not in the FAQ section, so where is it?

you don't need to put the "insert image" things in there! Delte them and you'll be fine!

Can someone change the Tech Board description? And how about some non-Mac hating mods over there?

Whats wrong with the description? Mods are doing their job fine, I don't care if they hate macs or not when it comes to their opinions they are the same as every other member so you should treat them that way. Just cause they're mods doesn't mean they know better.

It says that mac users will be laughed at. Not too friendly, and I find the whole anti-apple thing tiresome, as do many other users of the tech forum.

If Guy complains they'll change it within the minute.

Ironically he wants the rep system back.

It says that mac users will be laughed at. Not too friendly, and I find the whole anti-apple thing tiresome, as do many other users of the tech forum.

Sorry didn't notice, just glanced earlier. Will change.

And I also want the rep system back but ive wised up to the fact most users don't play nice.

Ironically he wants the rep system back.

I'm not bothered either way. I seriously didn't expect anything more than a lock and PM resulting from that thread. If the rep points did return, we'd need a better way of policing how they are used.

Why can't I delete a thread I've started if people are yet to post in it?

Why aren't Rep Points back yet?

Why can't I delete a thread I've started if people are yet to post in it?

Why aren't Rep Points back yet?

It's Guy fault.

Could you stop that dam Trace memory AD coming up every time you go back to the Home sectiomn???????

Did there used to be a thread on this board about sig rules?

On this forum's thread view page there is a "view threads from..." drop down menu, choose the beginning as its automatically a month.

On this forum's thread view page there is a "view threads from..." drop down menu, choose the beginning as its automatically a month.

Sorted.

Thanks.

Edit: And in answer to the question in my thread that got locked, no nobody had posted in the thread that I wanted to delete but I still didn't get the option to delete it.

If Guy complains they'll change it within the minute.

Oh yes, because Guy runs this forum doesn't he.

Actually, wouldn't be interesting to see what would have happened if we hadn't gotten rid of the system? Would you all still be complaining then? Would it still be abused?

Oh yes, because Guy runs this forum doesn't he.

I like to think so.

Actually, wouldn't be interesting to see what would have happened if we hadn't gotten rid of the system?

Very.

Would you all still be complaining then?

No idea.

Would it still be abused?

Your guess is as good as anyone's.

Bringing it back would be the only way to get answers to those questions.

Out of curiosity, why do you have your mind set on such a system returning? What did you like about it?

Nah, I'm not too fussed either way. I just agree with you that it'd be interesting to see what the outcome might have been.

It got booted before any conclusions could be drawn IMO, that's all.

Nah, I'm not too fussed either way. I just agree with you that it'd be interesting to see what the outcome might have been.

It got booted before any conclusions could be drawn IMO, that's all.

The reasons i saw were that it was being abused. Now, if i see something is being abused, i weigh up the options. The options i had were:

A: Carry on letting it be abused

B: Take it out and stop the "spam"

So, guess which one i chose. It's common sense really.

And i don't really see what other conclusions could be drawn. It would be hell to police such a system.

It rewards people for good things. There could be a system for reporting abuse of the system if someone is asking for rep over Msn or something of the sort. It -was- just a more complex form of a post count, but with fine-tuning it would be viable once again.

Other forums use this system quite spectacularly. Plus now I lose the will to post silly Photoshops all over the place out of rep greed. I had to make positive rep points to chuck around, and Mr Odwin created it's sister negative rep.

I will have to use these instead, and they're rather difficult to tally. :(

At the end of the day, it's only a message board/forum. We'll do spectacularly with or without it. :heh:

What did you like about it?

When I see something really good on the boards I don't like to post a LOL-type comment or that sort of thing, but with the rep you could show appreciation for others posts in just click without spamming up the boards. It can be done via PMs but that's more of a hassle.

The way that you could leave comments meant that it would be more personal. I think it would go towards building unity on the boards. I recieved rep from people that I've never sent PMs to or chatted with on msn. Now, I love them more than I used to.