@Sméagol that's hugely appreciated, thank you. Cards are charged at the start of the month which is when Patreon advises to dish out rewards, so I'm going to go with that model for now.

I'm not sure I'm following you on what you can and cannot see... What part looks like a suspicious link?  Perhaps a screengrab could help. Or is your post from before I added the new box?

The button disappearing was an issue with Patreon's script caused by it being loaded in two places, thought I'd stamped that out, could it be some adblocking software that hides it

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Shorty said:

@Sméagol that's hugely appreciated, thank you. Cards are charged at the start of the month which is when Patreon advises to dish out rewards, so I'm going to go with that model for now.

I'm not sure I'm following you on what you can and cannot see... What part looks like a suspicious link?  Perhaps a screengrab could help. Or is your post from before I added the new box?

The button disappearing was an issue with Patreon's script caused by it being loaded in two places, thought I'd stamped that out, could it be some adblocking software that hides it

I'll post a pic tonight, I'm leaving in a minute. But I don't have any adblocking software.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Sméagol said:

I'll post a pic tonight,

Chrome versus Internet Explorer.

I assumed you didn't need to be able to read all that, but if you need a closer look, let me know. I used the link all the way below the sidebar. 

Edit: Oh, and like I said, for a second, in Chrome it looks the same as it does in IE, but then the link disappears and the box enlarges. The same in Opera.

Get rid of ads by supporting N-E on Patreon

All donations go to site running costs!

Edited by Sméagol
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Hm that's weird. The bottom link you quoted is just a normal text link, no surprise that works. The one at the top uses Patreon's js, just for styling the button I think. I assume you're getting some js error when that happens but without being able to recreate it, it's hard to say what. If anyone else reports it, maybe I'll just put a hardcoded link at the top, too. Thanks for the effort in sending the screencaps.

6 hours ago, Shorty said:

Hm that's weird. The bottom link you quoted is just a normal text link, no surprise that works. The one at the top uses Patreon's js, just for styling the button I think. I assume you're getting some js error when that happens but without being able to recreate it, it's hard to say what. If anyone else reports it, maybe I'll just put a hardcoded link at the top, too. Thanks for the effort in sending the screencaps.

Ah, let me try something.

Edit: Yup. 3rd party cookies. I'm always blocking them, and it leads to problems occasionally (like Twitter embeddings).

Edited by Sméagol

@Shorty just to let you know that when I signed in just now, the Patreon text changed to...

[redacted] (you'll have to pledge to find out) ;)

So I guess that means it's all definitely working now. :D

Edited by S.C.G
  • Thanks 1

Is there a way to change how paragraphs are working in the (not so) new forum?

Currently pressing 'enter' starts a new paragraph, but as far as I can tell there is no way to just do a new line. Is it possible to go back to the old style where pressing 'enter' was a line break and if you wanted it to be a new paragraph you could just use two line breaks? I think it messes with the formatting on things like Tapatalk as well.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Eddage said:

Is there a way to change how paragraphs are working in the (not so) new forum?

Currently pressing 'enter' starts a new paragraph, but as far as I can tell there is no way to just do a new line. Is it possible to go back to the old style where pressing 'enter' was a line break and if you wanted it to be a new paragraph you could just use two line breaks? I think it messes with the formatting on things like Tapatalk as well.

I think for me pressing Shift + Enter does a normal line break, Enter does a paragraph. Not sure if that works for everyone?
But I agree, it annoys me a bit that it starts a new paragraph when pressing Enter, when all I want to do is move to the next line. :p

• Thanks 4