NEurope

Basically I blocked some IPs from accessing the site because they were using an extraordinary amount of bandwidth. This wasn't based on the forum, or users in any way, just a faceless list of IP addresses in the server stats.

In the past this has always been bots, but twice now it has been you. I'm not really sure why your IP is hitting the site so hard but I guess someone trying to hack your account is definitely related. I'd appreciate you changing your password yeah and also scanning your PC for viruses etc..

It's nice to be able to visit the site and forums after being blocked all weekend. Hugely frustrating and there's got to be a a way of contacting the site when something like this happens? I had to ask @S\.C\.G to pass on a message, massive thanks by the way. How many people were affected? Some dirty yolk from Venezuela tried to hack my account and others it seems. How come my ip address was blocked and do I need to change my password?

No problem, thanks to @Shorty and @Ashley for sorting things out so promptly. : peace:

I was surprised that my IP came up, I've had to change my passwords as a precaution so I would certainly advise that you do so too Wii especially as it seems that it was your account that was targeted.

Anyway hopefully things will get back to normal now for a bit. :)

Oh it was intentional in your case.

Srs though, you can get on now from your regular computer yeah?

Edit: been through the list and got rid of any that weren't on a spam blacklist anywhere.

Edited by Shorty

I can get on from my PC at work, but I'll check when I get home. Thanks.

Not that I really missed anything important this weekend, but sometimes Bob says something funny, I guess.

Edit: Yay, I'm back.

Edited by Magnus

Basically I blocked some IPs from accessing the site because they were using an extraordinary amount of bandwidth. This wasn't based on the forum, or users in any way, just a faceless list of IP addresses in the server stats.

In the past this has always been bots, but twice now it has been you. I'm not really sure why your IP is hitting the site so hard but I guess someone trying to hack your account is definitely related. I'd appreciate you changing your password yeah and also scanning your PC for viruses etc..

I'll change my password now. For the first few years I observed but barely posted but I think currently I probably post more than anyone else daily. There's little doubt, I do post the most. There's often times in the early hours where I'm the only one here. I do embed a lot of stories, photos, videos and the link rather than just post a link. F###ing w###bag hacker! I could think of a few members here that would like to hack my account. Anyone currently on holiday in Venezuela? :laughing:

Edit: Very weird. I just looked back at the e-mail. It wasn't my current account that was attempted to be hacked. It was an older account I have. Strange because I don't use it anymore and it happened at the same time I was blocked from accessing all aspects of the site.

Did you upgrade the forum in any way?

I just noticed it in the funny stuff thread. You used to get an ugly bar above your image if it's too big, and you could click it to get a bigger version. Now the bar is gone, you can just click the image, and you get a nicer looking pop-up box.

A browser update wouldn't change the javascript on this site ;). Let me see how this picture looks:

Hmmz. The pop-up does mention being uploaded through Tapatalk, so then I assume Tapatalk has something to do with it.

Edited by Shorty

Yeah I still get the bar. Also thanks for the image, loading that up while I'm working in a school might not have been the best idea lol

You're welcome ;).

(I'll spoiler it :P)

edit: but yeah, if it wasn't clear, I get the bar too, again, I assume it's a function within Tapatalk or something (which I don't use). Dr. Bob's image in the funny stuff thread has the different resize function.

Edited by Sméagol

Yo - we don't allow NSFW images on here, and if you're considering me picky: our advertising program doesn't allow it either.

Bob's image is an attachment, you can do that from the full reply view.

Yeah I uploaded it using Tapatalk, which has an attachment feature.

Technology!!!

Yeah I uploaded it using Tapatalk, which has an attachment feature.

Technology!!!

attach.gif

Old technology!

Is there a way to embed gifv?

(If not I'll move this to the suggestion thread.)

Gifv is nonsense, just a webm/mp4 container that has nothing whatsoever to do with gif. We have videos and we have gifycat support so I think that will do.

See at N-E you can always guarantee clear left-hand/right-hand communications :p

Not sure if you understand I was using the standard gif tag or not...