NEurope

I think the box is slightly affecting the layout (and/or something else is).

The top banner background is also gone.

Could you supply screenshots please? I'm not seeing these problems so it's kind of a stab in the dark trying to figure out how to resolve them. 

I wouldn't worry too much about the "profile progress box", it's not really a mistake per se, and it's literally just one click for a user to dismiss it forever ::shrug:

I did see the banner image disappear briefly but that seemed to fix itself, maybe try a hard refresh? (ctrl+f5 / cmd+shift+r)

A hard refresh was exactly what I did to make it disappear.

Edit:

Added a screencap.

screencap_23_12_2021.png

Edited by Sméagol

Is that not the out of the box theme? If you go to the bottom of any page you'll see a themes drop-down. We're you maybe using the N-Europe Default one before?

I've always used the default, that's not the problem. I was simply pointing out there's no banner image right now, is that correct?
And I feel like the layout's slightly off, in chrome it jumps a bit, as if compensating for the profile box, but maybe I'm imagining that. But it feels there's a bit too much white space between the menu and the content. That's where the profile box was.

I don't know if these issues are connected, but Tapatalk broke around the same time...

Might try a reinstall, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was just Tapatalk being crap.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bob said:

I don't know if these issues are connected, but Tapatalk broke around the same time...

Might try a reinstall, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was just Tapatalk being crap.

I don't think it is, from what I understand (and after contacting Tapatalk support) it's to do with the forum Tapatalk plugin. Think we just need to wait for the N-E admin to fix/update it so Tapatalk will work with N-E again.

Edited by Sheikah
  • Like 1

On 23/12/2021 at 6:19 PM, Sméagol said:

A hard refresh was exactly what I did to make it disappear.

I'm getting this as well after a hard refresh.

The Home / Unread Content / Mark Unread links look lighter as well.

Edit: banner seems to have fixed itself.

On 25/12/2021 at 11:00 AM, bob said:

On 25/12/2021 at 10:11 PM, Sheikah said:

I don't think it is, from what I understand (and after contacting Tapatalk support) it's to do with the forum Tapatalk plugin. Think we just need to wait for the N-E admin to fix/update it so Tapatalk will work with N-E again.

I think it might have been because of a change I was trying to make to fix the Tapatalk thing so in a way its Tapatalk's fault...

Althought for what it's worth I only changed the N-E default theme, not the (Invision) default one so I think whatever was happening there might have just been some weird blip.

Anyway I will try and look at this soonish. Been ill the last week and today is the first day in a few where I've done anything.

• Like 1

Not sure if this is the spot to ask this... but I accidentally posted in the Gaming Diary thread just as I started to write a post. I tried to delete it immediately, and all I found was the "Hide" button.

So, did that button hide the post from everybody, or just from myself? And if it was just from me, how do I "unhide" it? So I can delete it properly?

Not sure if this is the spot to ask this... but I accidentally posted in the Gaming Diary thread just as I started to write a post. I tried to delete it immediately, and all I found was the "Hide" button.
So, did that button hide the post from everybody, or just from myself? And if it was just from me, how do I "unhide" it? So I can delete it properly?
"Hiding" means it's deleted for everyone. I'm not sure why it's called that.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Jonnas said:

Are you using Tapatalk? You should be able to see it still and be able to unhide or edit the post using a browser.

If not I can delete it for you.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ike said:

Are you using Tapatalk? You should be able to see it still and be able to unhide or edit the post using a browser.

If not I can delete it for you.

I did all of this on my laptop. Can't see any posts here, nor any unhide option.

But you did give me the idea to check the thread from my phone, where I'm not logged in. Sure enough, as a guest, I can't see the accidental post, so it's safe to assume it's effectively deleted.

Thank you, in any case :)

FWIW staff can see it so if you want it actually removed I can do that for you. 

I feel like this may have been asked before but not sure so I'll ask now. Is there any chance of updating our emoticons? Just feels like our style is very old at this point and most places will have the standard these days that will match whatever you type from your phone or keyboard.

1 hour ago, Happenstance said:

I feel like this may have been asked before but not sure so I'll ask now. Is there any chance of updating our emoticons? Just feels like our style is very old at this point and most places will have the standard these days that will match whatever you type from your phone or keyboard.

Yes we can. But you can also just use your phones keyboard which I think is why we've not bothered 🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Yes we can. But you can also just use your phones keyboard which I think is why we've not bothered 🤷‍♂️

Sitting on a laptop at the moment trying to remember the window shortcut for emoticons so I could test that :laughing: (haven't found it yet so I had to use the laughing emoji that doesn't quite fit the situation :p )

The N-E smileys are really quite iconic at this point though, I'd be mortified to see them go.

They're my favourite smileys on the interwebs :D

Likewise, I'll always choose to give a "Thanks" rather than a Like because it's the classic N-E response :p

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 1

Speaking as someone who never uses emoticons.

Don't get rid of the N-E ones. The standard ones are boring.

1 hour ago, Happenstance said:

Sitting on a laptop at the moment trying to remember the window shortcut for emoticons so I could test that :laughing: (haven't found it yet so I had to use the laughing emoji that doesn't quite fit the situation :p )

getemoji.com

And to clarify for others: emoticons are the ones you see in the reply box between quote and spoiler and are from about 1996. Reactions are responses to posts and are custom to N-E designed by @RedShell hence why there's a specific one in there...

Wouldn't get rid of either, but could potentially add some more modern emoticons alongside the old ones. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I love our emojis :yay::bouncy::bowdown: They're expressive, charming, cute, and characteristic. Somehow, we went from having a surprising variety of smileys throughout the internet, to gradually having every single platform share the exact same set of emojis.

Except for N-E :hug: It's the best corner of the internet

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Just add a PS5 Platinum trophy to the mix and I'll be happy :yay:

• Haha 2

Those emojis don't show up in Tapatalk, so I just see people writing the word 'hug' and 'bowdown' instead.

It's weird, but in my head I just imagine them saying them out loud while talking. yay, bouncy, bowdown.

• Haha 3