Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

E3 2006 Hype/Discussion

Atomic Boo

what i want from e3?:

1. full and final revolution details - with sony confiriming a worldwide release nintendo have to give at least dates and (hopefully) price.
  2. all the confirmed franchise games - zelda, metroid, smash bros, etc to be playable
  3. some new in-house titles - again playable
  4. some good original titles from the likes of sega and capcom
  5. and, finally, for mario 128 to make up for the mild let-down of Sunshine.

thats my simple list of wants...

bonuses would be:

1. full-on support from Square-enix
  2. Revolution really stealing the show from Sony (possible is the software is good enough)
  3. confirmation of a MMORPG in the vain of Phantasy star online for the wifi service - or even PSO for the DS itself.

Other companies stuff:

1. Heavenly Sword on PS3 - intriguiged but what was on display in the gdc 'demo' was way way way behing the e3 trailer from last year
  2. whatever gets shown on halo 3

thats pretty much it... my interest in what sony and microsoft are showing falls way behind how excited i am about the Rev.

I really think this years E3 is going to be amazing - all three big names are going to go for broke.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Games, games, games.

- Miyamoto's new title.

- Big franchises finally to clear up what's happening (perhaps with Nintendo..) especially with regard to Konami, Square-Enix, Capcom's Resident Evil 5, Maxxis' Spore and Lionhead's games, and the rest.

- For them to clear up what's happening with the RareWare games on the virtual console- from Iwata's (or equivalent) mouth.

Don't care about anything but the games, it's what makes a console.

E3 Countdown 2006:

is in 1 month, 6 days, 5 hours, 49 minutes, and 50 seconds.

Don't care about anything but the games, it's what makes a console.

Yes games makes a console, but your saying if Nintendo revealed the final Rev secret and it was something big like steroscopic 3D...you wouldn't care? Yeah right.

Iwata's (or equivalent) mouth

Is Reggie's mouth equivalent to Iwata's mouth? I'm sorry it sounds nice :)

They will show more trailers, say what they've already said, and people will be waiting for more. Again. And the same next year.

Yes games makes a console, but your saying if Nintendo revealed the final Rev secret and it was something big like steroscopic 3D...you wouldn't care? Yeah right.

I genuinely wouldn't, I don't care for the hardware.. it's not gonna make me buy the system.

It's the games that will make me buy it.

End of the day it's great to have whatever it is your describing (if it even exists) but if the games use it in some stupid ass gimmicky way then it sucks.

The controller has already sold the hardware for me.. all I need to know is games, this secret really isn't a big deal for me.

yes but it isnt gonna be stereoscopic 3D, im gonna see this so called final secret, its gonna be nothing major, I will be impressed, but i will see fanboys coming here moaning just like they did back in september.

Count on nobody and no-one will let you down.

Its a saying some of you guys should take on board. Yes, there is something we dont know about Revolution, and yes we are going to find out. Just dont dissapoint yourself by expecting to be blown off your seat, if you are, great! As Nintendork says though, its about the games, and its also about what we already know, its that which got you hyped in the first place remember.

I just want some solid details for once and not all these little tidbits!!!!!

-Actual Game movies would be nice...finally

-Cost, Launch date, launch-games

-Oh and the final secret which i'm not getting too excited about (just incase).

I'm actually looking forward to seeing what Nintendo are bringing out for the DS as well this year, hopefully some new games will be announced that we don't know about!

:)

- The final secret

- Price and Release Dates

- Playable Games (3rd and 1st Party)

- Zelda: TP release data and how rev will use it

- MARIO 128, Metroid Prime and Smash Bros Rev are game i want to see

- Some new DS Games

THAT will do me sweet, btw E3 is May the what?

- The final secret

- Price and Release Dates

- Playable Games (3rd and 1st Party)

- Zelda: TP release data and how rev will use it

- MARIO 128, Metroid Prime and Smash Bros Rev are game i want to see

- Some new DS Games

THAT will do me sweet, btw E3 is May the what?

May 9th But the Big Info is usually pre e3. 7-8th

if games are gunna be brand new "£50" like on the 360 im just gunna use my rev for the retro greatness...theres no way im forking out 50 pound on a new game....sure when down to £30 or so i may thou

Well for a start despite Xbox 360 games having an RRP of £50 you can buy them off websites like Gameplay.co.uk for £40.00, £10 cheaper!

And anyway its likely Rev games will be cheaper anyway as we know thats what Nintendo will aim to do.

Nintendo's exclusive party is at 9am on the 9th.. I'm assuming they'll drop some bombs for the press and bloggers.

Revolution games will not touch £50 unless it's a multidisc extravaganza game.

Iwata has said games will be about $50 right? while the 360 games standard price is $60 and Oblivion peaked at $70.

360 games are £50 here, so I think Revolution games will be £40 on the high street and probably £35 online.

Obviously they wont want to canibalise the DS sales which are strong, we can get a DS game online for £25 so £30-35 for a Revolution game is not unreasonable..

I'd rather see DS sales go down to £15-20. once the revo is out I probably won't buy DS games for more than that, I already don't particularly like spending that much on DS games - which is why I've bought so few games recently.

I'd rather see DS sales go down to £15-20. once the revo is out I probably won't buy DS games for more than that, I already don't particularly like spending that much on DS games - which is why I've bought so few games recently.

I know what you mean man.. it disgusts me that I am selling PS2 games which are great experiences for £5 right now.. some of which i've not played because my PS2 died on me.

I think games should be priced on experience not system.

Some DS games the AAA titles are worth the £25, Animal Crossing.. Mario, Metroid- but the movie franchises and EA games that are thrown together quite poorly aren't worth more than £15 most of the time.

I don't think pricing culture will change much.. the smartest of us will just have to use eBay and webstores.

Region free games will mix this up big time though.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!