N-Europe

E3 2006 Hype/Discussion

Atomic Boo

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool thanks,I used Gamespot last year was really good they way they done it with interviews and a Timetable etc.The suspense of waiting for it to be released to the publid like the conference killed me and the place I did find -GC cafe I think- was really bad.

Guest Stefkov

i think maybe the june ONM will have a DVD with E3 stuff on it, like NOM did last year didnt they?

i want to watch a live feed of it but i have fears that wit will kep glitching and ill miss some really good stuff. will rev-europe have the video(s) dowloadable after E3?

I used Gamespot last year was really good they way they done it with interviews and a Timetable etc.

I'd agree with you totally here. Gamespot's timetable thingy was brilliant, and it was good to watch dedicated interviews with a game developer taking the viewer through the E3 version of the game.

Depending on the amount, I may consider subscribing this year just for their E3 coverage.

I'd agree with you totally here. Gamespot's timetable thingy was brilliant, and it was good to watch dedicated interviews with a game developer taking the viewer through the E3 version of the game.

Depending on the amount, I may consider subscribing this year just for their E3 coverage.

thats a bit over the top! if people could just wait at least an hour after the news in stead of being really desperate

(not saying you are)

It's not so much it got canned as it was never acknowldged by Nintendo. It doesn't mean a 2D Metroid isn't being made though. I suppose they won't anounce it now with Hunters coming out and all.

Oh it's still in development, they just weren't ready to show it last E3. Im predicting they'll show Dread this E3, it had a lot of development time.

It's not so much it got canned as it was never acknowldged by Nintendo. It doesn't mean a 2D Metroid isn't being made though. I suppose they won't anounce it now with Hunters coming out and all.

I thought the 2D metroid (Metroid Dread) got officially canned earlier this year?

Yes,this E3 is very likely had alot of time and demo's to be made.Wonder what other new DS games will be shown that we havn't hazzard a guess about.
I'd like to see RPG demo's already in english (thus confirmation that they will come out of Japan), Children of Mana, FF3-D and Tales of the Tempest would make my day :D I... need RPG's.

Oh, and while I'm at it why not show a playable Baten Kaitos 2? I know we'll only sink our teeths unto it by the end of the year but... It's GC's last RPG...

PS:those gamespot prices are tempting

I thought the 2D metroid (Metroid Dread) got officially canned earlier this year?
yeah, but it's like he says, it never came out from planning stages into actual development(as far as I know/have read), it could be that development was "stalled" in order to give priority to other projects... it could happen to be in development, although I'm not counting on it.

Id like a real paper mario DS game. the GC one was amazing, great script, decent battle system and cool badges and puzzles. partners in time was just appalling in my opinion. had nothing the thousand year door had to offer. thats why the GC one is my joint first favourite game.

it seems like a couple of weeks ago when it was E3 2005. that was very dissapointing...

Wooo, one month today, people!

It's scary how close E3 is to us now. I'm really excited.

Same here! We've waited a long time to get some solid details on the games, console etc..i think the wait will be 100% worth it though, i got over-excited about Red-Steel i'll probably collapse when they show Mario and Metroid! :grin:

E3 2006 Flickr pool

Why Flickr? anyone can contribute photos, discussion and links all at once in a highly reliable and ultimately free environment.

Yeah but what's the point? Because it's easier to navigate and contribute to than just a forum thread- it means the forum will be more 56k friendly.

Provide a link to the image on Flickr- hey presto no laggage.

Who else does it work for? The Macintosh geeks, every time there's a Mac event they'll leak photos onto Flickr and discuss it: very popular http://flickr.com/groups/macintosh/

Tell everyone you know about it, sign up and add photos.

Why is there hype for E3 all the good games will be held back to be shown to publishers in secret, so really the only thing thats good about it is what exactly?

My Predictions of E3 2006:

Nintendo won't reveal the price and won't tell us everything about Revolution

Microsoft won't release any Japanese games to western shores

Sony will announce launch details for PS3 and PSP2 is in development

Ninty won't have Revolution playable

PS3 won't be playable

They'll announce 52 crap titles for both PSP and DS

Oh and Kentia Hall will have great hotdogs :p

Why is there hype for E3 all the good games will be held back to be shown to publishers in secret, so really the only thing thats good about it is what exactly?

My Predictions of E3 2006:

Nintendo won't reveal the price and won't tell us everything about Revolution

Microsoft won't release any Japanese games to western shores

Sony will announce launch details for PS3 and PSP2 is in development

Ninty won't have Revolution playable

PS3 won't be playable

They'll announce 52 crap titles for both PSP and DS

Oh and Kentia Hall will have great hotdogs :p

What's wrong with your prediction:

1. Nintendo have said many times that when they were going to fully showcase the Revolution they would let people play it so they could understand what it's like, just like what they did with the DS at E3 2004.

2. Sony have already announced Launch plans for the PS3.

3.There will be 53 crap games for the PSP and only 39 for the DS.

im hoping to see a reggie GAME..

were reggie is the main character ..

kick ass and takes names , and then levels up because of it...

like a rpg ....

it doesnt have to be a big expensive title , it could be on the DS...

it could be a wi fi game ...

(im serious)