N-Europe

Spore (video veeeery long)

Mundi

I saw this Last night and I can't wait for Spore to be released, being able to create your own animal is gonig to be cool..Given that Iw ant to make a race of Blood thirsty Care bears to ravange every city on the game. I do like the idea of Other playerrs worlds being downlaoded onot your game as you paly thats gongi to make things intresting, to see how others are coming along with thier palnets.

I saw this Last night and I can't wait for Spore to be released, being able to create your own animal is gonig to be cool..Given that Iw ant to make a race of Blood thirsty Care bears to ravange every city on the game. I do like the idea of Other playerrs worlds being downlaoded onot your game as you paly thats gongi to make things intresting, to see how others are coming along with thier palnets.

I was thinking about trying to make a race of animlas that look like Gir from Invader Zim :p

Looks like this is as far sandbox gameplay can go............in other words it's taken to the extreme where possibilities are endless.

I'm not that much of a fan of sandbox gameplay, but this is an amazing way of delivering unlimited options and content. The big thing is that it's all procedural, meaning less art assets are required to be made during production......and instead clever programming is the key to producing all the variables.

Expect a load of immitations a year or two after.

The game seems quite good, and I was very hyped until I actually saw the video, all goes well until the part you start making a city, they made it look like thats the only way you have of evolving and succeeding is with intelligence, for example, my plan was to make an ant or bee like species that didn't require a brain and it would survive under a collective mind and strict hierarchy with diferent kinds of casts within it, and would defend them selfs with organic weapons (like in the startroopers movie).

Maybe they improved it and can be still be made, seeing that this movie is 1 year old.

It's interesting that Will mentions throughout the presentation that most animations happen "procedurally", this seems to be the next step in game animation and I'm really glad it's finally feasable on high end pcs and next gen consoles. I've read that many new 360 games will be incorporating procedural animation into their engines to add to the realism. No more strange floaty running up slopes from now on? i hope so.

yeah the rev would carry it off well. i wonder if someone from nintendo should give him a golden handshack. "oh what is that Spore coming to the rev. only console to get the game. i am buying rev" that is the type of incentive casuals need.