Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

harry-potter-and-the-half-blood-prince-2009.jpg

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

I got the DVD and watched again and I still love. My favourite scene, even though it's not in the book, was the Burrow scene. Still, I thought there would be DVD extras but alas, there were none :hmm:

Still, great movie

10/10 THIS IS RATED FROM ENJOYMENT! lmao

You're violating the fundamental "Z" axiom.

10 is not equal to 5.

I think almost everyone's rated a movie out of 10 before. And by the way, am shite at maths so yeah, I don't get it. :hmm:

What Chairdriver said and also, I bet your not laughing your ass of.

Nah, I'm not. No-one can laugh their ass off...:p

The green mile

Beautiful film, espcially given John is such a good character the way his mind is completely like a child 'He is a bad man', the ending is incredibly sad, but nice all at the same time. Definately one of my favourite films now.

10/10

Watched this last night, it is truly a fantastic film. I've been bugging my mate to watch it but he's moaning because apparently the movie's too long. The time passed for me.

The Shawshank Redemption

Watched this God knows how many times and it's still such a brilliant movie.

9/10

Edited by Animal
Automerged Doublepost

In any case, Chair was saying that it was wrong because he thinks you should have rated HP 5/10. People didn't seem to get that. (or maybe I got the wrong end of the stick)

It's not maths dumbness, I don't know what an axiom is, but he is at Oxford, doing Maths. :p

In any case, Chair was saying that it was wrong because he thinks you should have rated HP 5/10. People didn't seem to get that. (or maybe I got the wrong end of the stick)

It's not maths dumbness, I don't know what an axiom is, but he is at Oxford, doing Maths. :p

Then why didn't he just say that? :hmm:

And, ah, that explains it, haha.

Oh well, each to their own I suppose :)

fallen_1.jpg

Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen

My friend and I had a discussion about a few months ago and he said Transformers 2 is better than Harry Potter. I couldn't say because I hadn't watched it but reading today's posts reminded me of it so I watched it.

All I can say is Harry Potter is better in my opinion. I liked the last Transformers but this one was just silly. All it is is a load of fantastic CGI and Special Effects with a below mediocre storyline. Also, Shia LaBeouf's acting was crap. The plus side, Megan Fox! Still liked it but the first Transformers is better.

5/10

Ignore whatever chairdriver says about films, Dazz; he hates Toy Story - his opinion in films is therefore worthless.

I don't hate it (I'd rate it 7/10), but I really don't agree with all the jizzage over it.

The story is really uncompelling (there's no real villain in it nor sense of adventure that's present in other Disney/Pixar movies) and the animation leaves me dry (I do acknowledge it was the first ever feature-length computer animation of its sort, but I don't really like the style).

Finding Nemo (for an example) is far better.

HP 6 is one of the worst films I've ever seen in my life. It makes no sense. It has no coherent story. If you had never read the book, you'd leave the cinema with violence in mind. It is, in general, an atrocious adaptation.

The acting from the young cast is awful (don't get me wrong, Helena Bonham Carter and Alan Rickman shock and stun me as per usual). I actually thought "Are you serious?" in the scene where Harry returns to the Burrow and Ginny's like "Mum? Is that Harry?". I could not believe I was paying 8 Euro (I saw it in Vienna) to watch it.

It has a few worthwhile bits (like the chase scene), but in general, it's just shite.

I don't understand why they don't employ a good director to do it? They certainly have enough money to do so.

My friend and I had a discussion about a few months ago and he said Transformers 2 is better than Harry Potter. I couldn't say because I hadn't watched it but reading today's posts reminded me of it so I watched it.

Both are shite, but I agree with your friend. At least Transformers 2 was slightly entertaining (usually I don't like action movies of that sort; I'll admit the 30 minutes of desert explosions was really tedious).

And Megan Fox was so sexy.

I don't hate it (I'd rate it 7/10), but I really don't agree with all the jizzage over it.

The story is really uncompelling (there's no real villain in it nor sense of adventure that's present in other Disney/Pixar movies) and the animation leaves me dry (I do acknowledge it was the first ever feature-length computer animation of its sort, but I don't really like the style).

HP 6 is one of the worst films I've ever seen in my life. It makes no sense. It has no coherent story. If you had never read the book, you'd leave the cinema with violence in mind. It is, in general, an atrocious adaptation.

The acting from the young cast is awful (don't get me wrong, Helena Bonham Carter and Alan Rickman shock and stun me as per usual). I actually thought "Are you serious?" in the scene where Harry returns to the Burrow and Ginny's like "Mum? Is that Harry?". I could not believe I was paying 8 Euro (I saw it in Vienna) to watch it.

It has a few worthwhile bits (like the chase scene), but in general, it's just shite.

I don't understand why they don't employ a good director to do it? They certainly have enough money to do so.

Both are shite, but I agree with your friend. At least Transformers 2 was slightly entertaining (usually I don't like action movies of that sort; I'll admit the 30 minutes of desert explosions was really tedious).

And Megan Fox was so sexy.

I agree with most of the second part of this post, so its annoying that the first part invalidates it. :(

HP is awful though. I watched the film first, then read the book, and got to the finale with the big battle and I was like....."THEY LEFT THE ONLY THING THAT HAPPENS IN THE WHOLE BOOK OUT OF THE FILM??!?!!"

I enjoyed the book though.

When did you watch Toy Story though?

I think many people love it so much cause they grew up with it. Though in itself it is a pretty good film. The style may be old by now, but especially back then it looked great and it was something completely new.

I thought the story was compelling myself. Talking toys are just great (I'm someone who grew up talking to her stuffed animals so maybe that's why). Plus there's the whole conflict between Buzz and Woody over who is the better toy.

Ah, I love this film really. Sure, there's Pixar films now that are better, but it's still a great film. =)

I love both books and movies. I think the movies are really capturing how dark the books get. Also I think HBP stook to the books to many people's disagreement. Maybe not as well but it did stick to it. I know that it goes different ways sometimes but it worked AS A MOVIE. Just wondering how...

Bill and Fleur's wedding will work because they had it in the Burrow...which is now destroyed...that's the only thing I have against the movie.

...BUT I do think that the books are better than the movies and I really shouldn't say that movies follow close to the books because, let's face it, it's VERY rare that a movie really follows the book.

Eenuh: I grew up with Toy Story and Toy Story 2 and I still love it to this day. Maybe that's why many of us here love it so much. I don't know the amount of times I've watched it again and again.

Edited by Animal

Ratatouille

Never seen it until yesterday/today, and enjoyed it. Some of the animation was stunning (not as much so as UP, but less lush settings etc), and the story was a nice original-feeling one. I liked the voice acting in parts, disliked it in others. I hate how it's srt in France, but the main characters have american accents.

But it was nice overall.

7.6/10

All About My Mother

I don't understand... some parts were good/realistic, other parts were like extracts from a bad soap opera.

I kinda hate movies like this. Left me with nothing (apart from I never knew the HIV virus could become negative). The son's character wasn't developed enough for me to feel any sort of feeling for the mother, nor did I like her enough to care. (I don't understand why she hung out with whores either... (lol)) It felt like it was too long for the amount I got out of it.

Good acting though, but that hardly makes up for an uninteresting plot. Of course, the plot doesn't have to be interesting to make a good movie, but normally you want something stunning about the film to make up for it. AAMM presented me with nothing stunning. The cinematography and soundtrack were both fine, nothing special. Maybe I'm missing something?

6/10

tl;dr - I hate pointlessly long films in which nothing stunning happens.

All About My Mother

I don't understand... some parts were good/realistic, other parts were like extracts from a bad soap opera.

I kinda hate movies like this. Left me with nothing (apart from I never knew the HIV virus could become negative). The son's character wasn't developed enough for me to feel any sort of feeling for the mother, nor did I like her enough to care. (I don't understand why she hung out with whores either... (lol)) It felt like it was too long for the amount I got out of it.

Good acting though, but that hardly makes up for an uninteresting plot. Of course, the plot doesn't have to be interesting to make a good movie, but normally you want something stunning about the film to make up for it. AAMM presented me with nothing stunning. The cinematography and soundtrack were both fine, nothing special. Maybe I'm missing something?

6/10

tl;dr - I hate pointlessly long films in which nothing stunning happens.

I hate you.

Not even a long film.

And so much happens. I have no idea what you're on about.

You're no longer welcome around my house.

I hate you.

Not even a long film.

And so much happens. I have no idea what you're on about.

You're no longer welcome around my house.

Bear in mind in future I hate films like this, and The Edge Of Love. Films that go on far too long about someone's life I have no interest in.

(Let's not lie I much preferred AAMM to The Edge Of Love, if its any consolation to you)