N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

if you like the movie - you should read the book... it's really good (and i dont tend to like that sort of thing...*) ir's very graphic though. at one point i had to put it face-down next to me on the bus seat cause i couldnt read that particular chapter and be in motion at the same time... O___o but the book gives you must more of an insight into bateman's character. veeeee good ^^

*saying that my favourite book of all time is "battle royale"... so i guess that's all true, true, true... except for the LIES. :grin:

Oh I have read it all already, I very much liked it :) Though it is somewhat disturbing o.O

New Apatow Pack stuff:

http://movies.gearlive.com/movies/article/q107-apatow-scores-with-sarah-marshall/

For me, Jason Segel was the most unlikable of the Freaks and Geeks bunch, so I'm tentative about this. He's unproven as a writer and I didn't laugh at the trailer. Plus, Russell Brand :/ But I do like Bill Hader (and Paul Rudd) a lot.

http://www.northbynorthwestern.com/2008/02/7647/trailer-for-new-judd-apatow-seth-rogen-movie-up/

Good trailer, like the music. Dumpster line was pretty good. This one's written by Rogen and Evan Goldberg so my hopes are higher.

I hope the whole gang don't get carried away and forget to apply the quality control. Knocked Up and 40 were both Apatow screenplays and Superbad took a decade to write. Then again, Apatow agreed to produce Talladega Nights and Walk Hard so his quality control might not be the best.

Also: Get Smart and Step Brothers trailers but they don't look very good.

Ed Wood - Tim Burtons best film imo. About Edward Wood, who is highly regarded as the worst director of all time and it shows his process of making movies. Unintentionally hilarious, brilliant characters (Lugosi in particular is a perfect portrayal), emotional in the right places and has a good message at its core. The film is about the joy of releasing a film, regardless of how shoddy the outcome is. Watching an old man who is near to death wrestle with a big fake octupus in a freezing cold river, with johnny depp looking on with the enthusiasm of a director filming an oscar winning scene is pure classic. Ed Wood isnt for everyone, but I connect with it alot.

9/10

:indeed: So, you don't like musicals, am I right?

*whispers* no, he said he didnt like sweeny todd - it's not a musical... it's a travesty.

i feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel youuuuuuu

joaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.... >.<

:indeed: So, you don't like musicals, am I right?

Oxigen fuck off. He said he doesnt like Sweeney Todd.

I fucking detest The Sound Of Music, does that suddenly mean I detest the whole musical genre?

No. This thread lately seems to have just turned into you undermining peoples opinions if they are not close to your own and its kind of getting annoying. I respect your knowledge, but know when to use it.

Go swivel.

I fucking detest The Sound Of Music, does that suddenly mean I detest the whole musical genre?

No. This thread lately seems to have just turned into you undermining peoples opinions if they are not close to your own and its kind of getting annoying. I respect your knowledge, but know when to use it.

Go swivel.

dude.....

relaaaax......

i'm sure ALL of you are as stupid as each other ^_^

how the fuck can you not like the sound of music? it has nazis! and GOATS!

:shakehead *sets you to "ignore"*

i have to admit i was one of those people who went to see sweeney todd NOT expecting it to be a musical... i thought it would be a film adaptation... saying that the fact that it was a musical didnt bother me, but that depp and carter etc were not professional singers really detracted from the experience, and it looked as though they'd ordered too much white foundation - the make-up was EVERYWHERE. the only even slightly redeeming feature of the movie was johnny depp (who can do no wrong, and if he walked past me in the street dressed as jack sparrow jamba would never know where i disappeared to ^__^ eheheh) in a stripey beach suit - during that brighton beach scene that nearly burned my retinas clean away because i'd been staring at nothing but black, white and red for 2 hours.

*whispers* no, he said he didnt like sweeny todd - it's not a musical... it's a travesty.

i feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel youuuuuuu

joaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.... >.<

Yeah, that song was awfull. :D

Not much they could've done about it, though, they used the songs from the broadway musical, so...

Go swivel.

Jesus christ, have a colonic or something, chill!! I was merely pointing out that if he didn't like it it's most likely because he doesn't like musicals, because it's a very fine movie. The only reason I can imagine someone would call it shit is if they have an inbred hate for the genre. I hate Sound Of Music too, for it's fucking sugar coating.

Relax! You actually take this too personally... :confused:

Yeah, that song was awfull. :D

Not much they could've done about it, though, they used the songs from the broadway musical, so...

yeeeah but if you saw a girl for the first time would you instantly sing a song about feeling her up? hellz no! :indeed:

*NB bluey is not a complete retard and does understand the context in which the word "feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel" was used during that song*

yeeeah but if you saw a girl for the first time would you instantly sing a song about feeling her up? hellz no! :indeed:

*NB bluey is not a complete retard and does understand the context in which the word "feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel" was used during that song*

I too detest the way that people fall in love just by seeing each other once. I hate that kind of romantization. But that's just a sidestory. Besides, both Antony and Joana are retards, so it suits them.

But surely you can accept that sometimes you discuss in a overly direct way that can convey you as a bit of an unaccepting, ignorant bugger?

Unaccepting? No doubt. But don't call me ignorant.

But surely you can accept that sometimes you discuss in a overly direct way that can convey you as a bit of an unaccepting, ignorant bugger?

perhaps, but still: instantly telling him to "fuck off" and "go swivel" is not a good debating tactic. there's no need to be so rude so quickly.

I want to get in on the Sweeney Todd hating. It was awful.

nope nope - you gotta buy tickets to get in on the hate :smile:

my paypal address is... ^^

Haha. I'm willing to pay an infinite amount.

My favourite musicals are:

Rocky Horror

Grease

Sound of Music

South Pacific

The Nightmare Before Christmas

Rent

I'm not a massive musical buff or anything but I know what I like. If I remember anymore, I'll come back.

Cmon... and you didn't like Sweeney??

Why???