NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

I was aware of the irony/double-ness, but couldn't think of a way to put it across, so just asked like a normal person.

Glitter is an infamous film. Really famous for being atrocious. Hardly anyone's seen it, but it's one of those films that people know to avoid.

I normally watch those awful movies and laugh or make fun of it because it's so bad but this? This was like "What....the......fuck!"

It's in my top 3 worst movies of all time, it's second. First is Disaster Movie and third is Meet The Spartans.

I just deleted them for some abstract, illogical reason, duh.

*makes a small, hurried rotating gesture with his fingers*

I just deleted them for some abstract, illogical reason, duh.

*makes a small, hurried rotating gesture with his fingers*

Will you ever stop pouring filth into my teapot?

the_final_destination_4_poster.jpg

The Final Destination

It was quite a cool movie. I still find the third is my favourite though. Quite enjoyed it myself.

7/10

Escape from LA. This film can be watched 50 times a week and will never get old, absolute genius.

Snake Plissken is the ultimate badass. "Call me Snake". Hard.

I love the music at the end. Shame it's only a minute long:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Plus the opening theme to Escape From New York is pretty special:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

book_of_love.jpg

American Pie presents The Book of Love

Big fan of the series and I have every one of them on DVD. It doesn't quite live up to the others in the series (or the straight-to-DVD releases). Don't get me wrong, there were some funny scenes but the others were better. Louisa Lytton is in it so that got some plus points for me :p

Still, a good laugh to watch but as I said previously, I prefer the other ones.

6/10

Edited by Animal

^

I stopped liking the American Pie series since Band Camp. That, in my eyes was the only good Straight-to-DVD one in my eyes.

You Only Live Twice

Sean Connery's 5th outing as 007. This time, 007 travels to Japan to try and prevent a war breaking out between Russia and America, only to discover and old enemy is leading a third country into fuelling the hatred between Russia and America. A good movie, one of Connery's best in my eyes.

9/10

Law Abiding Citizen

Quite awesome I felt. I don't really want to ruin anything so I'll spoiler it.

Really like the characters. A lot. I love films about characters. Anyway it was very interesting how this guy just totally lost his marbles. He was a family man and when you removed that from him he just completely went mental, you went from cheering him on to...oh this guys a bit psychoiated.

8.3/10

<3 Gerard Butler. A lot.

OH LOL! Some guy told us to be quiet during the trailers. We were like....wtf...did that just happen?

OH LOL! Some guy told us to be quiet during the trailers. We were like....wtf...did that just happen?

I was so annoyed with him, haha. During the film...NO. But during the trailers, you can talk. AFAIC.

LAC

Thriller. Disturbing. Ridiculous.

You pay £5-10 to watch trailers? Just go on YT...

Saying that, I do like trailers. But I would never expect people not to talk just because they're on.

Im only kidding, although I do like my trailers. Wouldnt complain though if someone was talking over them, might get irritated though if I was trying to pay attention.

One of the reasons I don't like cinemas is because trailers usually tell the whole plot of films these days.

districtb13ultimatum.jpg

Immense. Not as good as the first one though. Too much talking, not enough David Belle being amazing.

7/10

Edited by Daft

^

I stopped liking the American Pie series since Band Camp. That, in my eyes was the only good Straight-to-DVD one in my eyes.

Beta House has to be the best one for me. The other straight-to-DVD movies were alright but Beta House made me laugh so much.

I hear Universal are apparently going to pretend the straight-to-DVD movies never happened and they're going to release American Pie 4 in the cinemas. I suppose it would take place after Jim and Michelle and no doubt Eugene Levy will make an appearance somewhere...like he does in every movie.

Will you ever stop pouring filth into my teapot?

Born poor, dying pourer.

He's been doing it for years :(

Your mother is no 'it'.

districtb13ultimatum.jpg

Immense. Not as good as the first one though. Too much talking, not enough David Belle being amazing.

7/10

A sequel already?! Sheesh.

Beta House has to be the best one for me. The other straight-to-DVD movies were alright but Beta House made me laugh so much.

I hear Universal are apparently going to pretend the straight-to-DVD movies never happened and they're going to release American Pie 4 in the cinemas. I suppose it would take place after Jim and Michelle and no doubt Eugene Levy will make an appearance somewhere...like he does in every movie.

Don't say they are making more. I pretend all the others after Band Camp don't exist, it was a good spin-off. Eugene Levy i believe has nothing better to do i think.

I may check it out, if a new movie comes to the cinema.

Terminator Salvation

Definately better than Terminator 3 and I enjoyed it to a point but it still wasnt great.

Didnt think much of Batman, annoying that we still get that crappy voice in other movies now as well. Also felt like he could have been portrayed a bit differently as well, in this he felt distant and even though people followed him, we got no other reason that they did so blindly apart from the fact that he was "John Connor". Marcus Wright was ok but I felt it focused a bit too much on him instead of John.

I really enjoyed Arnies cameo though, thought they did a great job making him look younger.

6.5/10

Terminator Salvation

Definately better than Terminator 3 and I enjoyed it to a point but it still wasnt great.

Didnt think much of Batman, annoying that we still get that crappy voice in other movies now as well. Also felt like he could have been portrayed a bit differently as well, in this he felt distant and even though people followed him, we got no other reason that they did so blindly apart from the fact that he was "John Connor". Marcus Wright was ok but I felt it focused a bit too much on him instead of John.

I really enjoyed Arnies cameo though, thought they did a great job making him look younger.

6.5/10

I'm not a big fan of Bale, and I think he was horribly miscast in this film. When watching Terminator 2, you really believe that this kid is John Connor and that he's a somewhat trouble teenager. Remember that scene with the microchip when Sarah wants to do something different with it? That scene was the first glimpse of John as a leader. Great scene.

In this, I just didn't believe that he was a leader, and I agree, we didn't get a great reason why people should be following him.

Sam Worthington was excellent though, and I think the supporting cast were pretty great. Just...I don't like Bale. As for Batman, bring back Michael Keaton, haha.