NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

its the same sort of bullet filled action.

would it help if you put a probably in the middle then?

....Will you? They're completely different...? :confused:

Yeah but is there a reason for liking Mr and Mrs Smith other than to see Angelina Jolie?

If there is then its one of those film metaphor hidden meanings, that was too intellectual for me to get.

Yeah but is there a reason for liking Mr and Mrs Smith other than to see Angelina Jolie?

Brad Pitt? he is hot Badass.

What if you don't like Angelina Jolie that much.....like at all.

Then you won't like Mr and Mrs Smith.

If you do then you have no taste. Fact.

Cloverfield - 6/10

Was OK, nothing spectacular though, didn't think the style of filming worked that well, and it lacked a proper ending.

Cloverfield - 6/10

Was OK, nothing spectacular though, didn't think the style of filming worked that well, and it lacked a proper ending.

It's really interesting to see peoples varying opinions on this film, I thought it was really good (not amazing but really good) liked the style and the ending was there but it was more of a "wtf?" kind of ending.

Anyway, I may watch another film tonight, haven't watched any in ages then all of a sudden I've been catching up, it's great :) not necessarilly limiting myself to certain films either but one recent film that's on my tow watch list is definitely the Dark Knight, just to see what all the fuss is about. :heh:

I'm watching a lot of films atm as well, though it's mainly blockbusters I didn't get round to seeing, but also some others in there aswell that are meant to be worth a watch.

The other day True Romance, then Fantastic Four, yesterday The Incredible Hulk, tonight I Am Legend.

I am legend is a great movie i think.

Fantastic Four is good too, especially with Jessica Alba :P

Why aren't they good in your opinion? I'm curious. :heh:

I've discussed both in this very thread before, feel free to go an search it, as it's quite extensive, on both accounts.

I thought this was rate the last film you saw, not rate the rating other people are giving. Its annoying to give an opinion on something and then someone else say it's wrong. You can't have a wrong opinion.

Lies, if you think something bad is good, your opinion is wrong. I hate The Arcade Fire. My opinion is wrong, as they're a massive musical achievement. And that's that, nothing I cad do about it. Not gonna like em any more because of it, but they're still good, regadless of what I think.

Lies, if you think something bad is good, your opinion is wrong. I hate The Arcade Fire. My opinion is wrong, as they're a massive musical achievement. And that's that, nothing I cad do about it. Not gonna like em any more because of it, but they're still good, regadless of what I think.

That's the thing about opinions though, if told in truth they aren't wrong for that person. I know people that Love TDK, I find it better than most movies this year, but nothing as spectacular as everyone else.

This paragraph is one of my 7 Moments Of Pleasure for this year. :bowdown:

This paragraph is one of my 7 Moments Of Pleasure for this year. :bowdown:

Between a man and a woman?

Or just straight down the middle?

Between a man and a woman?

Or just straight down the middle?

I think you need a Deeper Understanding of what I was on about...

If you did, you'd know how hard to work out my Moments of Pleasure are. And So Is Love.

I Am Legend - 6/10

Felt like a missed opportunity really.

The first half of the movie was great! The visuals of an empty New York and the location shots are awesome! The first time Smith goes into the dark to is a tense moment and what you see of the dark seekers at that time is reason to be scared of them. But then it all just seemed to turn to blah!

The women convieniently turns up at just the right moment, the talk of there being a human colony makes all Smiths been through on his own seem less spectatular, and for him to get this news just hours after his best friend in the world [his dog] has died! that sucks!

The film doesn't really make clear what the dark seekers are after; just to kill Smith? and the chief dark seeker was bollocks!... supposed to be intelligent yet repeatedly smashes his head against reinforced glass!

Didn't like the ending with Smith dying despite having cured that dark seeker; I thought the chief dark seeker should have acknowledged this and in gone on from there.

Also [like I heard around it's release] the dark seekers had dodgy CGI; and they probably should have just used actors like in 28 days later, apart from when they are climbing walls etc... which would have probably been scarier and also given Smith proper adversaries to play off of.

Very underwhelming ending!

I Am Legend: Alternate Ending - 6.5/10

Better! I prefered that Smith survived! and that the chief dark seeker and his army had more of a purpose.

But it was underwhelming in another sense in that this ending was less dramatic.

The chief wanted his wife back and almost seemed to realise that Smith had lost his family too, yet it's annoying they don't seem to acknowledge he's trying to help them. They seem intelligent in some aspects and completely oblivious in others, but ah well, that's zombie vampire things for ya I guess!

Don't really see why they didn't keep this ending, but still!

Red Eye

An entertaining is somewhat predictable thriller that has a few moments of suspense but the ending is so by-the-book that it's somewhat disapointing, just as well I didn't expect much from it.

6/10

Red Eye

An entertaining is somewhat predictable thriller that has a few moments of suspense but the ending is so by-the-book that it's somewhat disapointing, just as well I didn't expect much from it.

6/10

That's one of my guilty pleasures. I think I'm correct in saying Paj has a soft spot for it too. Some great performances from the two leads aswell. The ending with the rocket launcher got a bit crazy, but everything before that was pretty damn solid. But the chemistry between the two leads really pulls the film together for the first 3/4 of it. Plus wierdly for it's genre, it got some pretty great reviews.

Oh and Rachel Mcadams? Who wouldn't.

Mulholland Drive

A brilliantly entertaining and thought provoking movie. So many possible explanations and interpretations.

Twilight

The book is better, though the girl who played Bella and Rosalie are hot. The music was great so I bought the soundtrack. The ending part felt rushed as more happened in the book that wasn't shown in the movie which was a tad disappointing but still, really enjoyed it.

7/10

Mulholland Drive

A brilliantly entertaining and thought provoking movie. So many possible explanations and interpretations.

Possibly my new favourite movie ever. Not sure yet. It's just amazing

---

And yeah, Haggis is correct in saying I love Red Eye!

I don't think it's a guilty pleasure though...It's just extremely entertaining, with thriller-lite portions.

I like Red Eye too. Good, entertaining film throughout with a hot lead. Can't complain really.

Hellboy 2 The Golden Army

Wow! That was cool. Very funny. One bit made me do a laugh out burst which (a specific kind of laugh out burst, like when someones made an outraegous burn) which was lol, and unusual for a film to do that. Really enjoyed it. Big lol/omg cool at the ending! :)

8/10

--------

This Is England

Wow. Basically a bit of a masterpiece. Iconic and a resounding vision of the 1980s. Excellent film.

9/10