NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

Get Smart

It failed to keep me intrested, but there was the odd 'lol' moment, but sadly no 'lmao' moments. It was 20mins too long aswell. A certain cameo by a well known comedian was a nice suprise. Better than last year's Evan Almighty, but Steve Carell's next movie has to be good or he will have had a few stinkers in a row recently :(

4.7/10

Bedazzled

Fun movie, and even though I'm straight, FUCK Liz Hurley was hot :o

7/10

EDIT: Was meant to say gay....:/

Gladiator

Had an urge to watch it. Thus I did. Sexy film, but drags on in parts

That's why it only gets Nine Shabba's

shabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpgshabba.jpg

King Kong (2005)

I love this movie. :grin: and it's one of my favourites. It has everything I want from a movie, mainly a 25ft gorilla rampaging through New York!

This time I managed to watch the ending... poor Kong. :(

It was beauty killed the Beast.

6 and a half Bears out of 7. :D

King Kong (1933)

I love this movie as well. :bowdown: and after watching this again it made me love Peter Jacksons one even more!

This is truely a classic. I was in a King Kong Mood.

5 and a half Bears out of 7

The Thomas Crown Affair (1999)

This film confused me but it was a pretty good movie!

4 Bears out of 7

Bedazzled

Fun movie, and even though I'm straight, FUCK Liz Hurley was hot :o

7/10

Homosexality is the new straight? :heh:

Ya know, I have no idea how I came to type that and didn't realise it :S

Unless Liz Hurley is actually a man, or he meant Brendan Fraser instead.

The latter makes perfect sense.

Don't Mess With The Zohan

Impressed with this movie, great humour and really laugh out loud moments as such. Adam Sandler played the part brilliantly, good story to it as well. 9/10

Hellboy II - The Golden Army

Sequel to the original of which i saw earlier in the week. Good movie, good plot as such. Not as good as the first, as most movies arn't as good. 9/10

Batman Begins

So as not to get ass raped by ReZ and others I watched this last night. It was good. Not as good as TDK but maybe because everyone had bigged it up it could never live up to expectations.

7.8/10

this is england

good film, great acting. it reminded me alot if american history x though, and i have to say american history x is the better film immo, and makes it point better

8/10

a clockwork orange

not nearly as messed up as i had been led to believe! aside from that it was interesting and very typically kubrick.

8/10

Creep

"Didn't make me afraid of the underground. Entertaining but wouldn't watch it again," said my house mate. I concur.

Dark Knight

Great film. Loved the joker, didnt like Alfred.. He was too fat.

**** (4/5)

For me i would have preferred a thinner, more british sounding actor. The Joker was amazing, nothing i would have changed really apart from wanting to see him get beat up a bit more.

Batman would have been better suited if he was a bit more buff, when i think of Batman i think of him in the cartoon series.

wait did you just say Michael Caine doesn't sound British :wtf:
I mean the posh bitish. The Sir, Madame, does one, etc..

I thought that, the guy isn't fat at all..he's brilliant! Besides how does acting co-inside with weight?

Very odd review there!

I thought that, the guy isn't fat at all..he's brilliant! Besides how does acting co-inside with weight?

Very odd review there!

I meant looks wise, he doesnt look or sound like i expected.

I'm sure he was in the other batman film? He acts like that in every film really I suppose.

Dont Mess With The Zohan

I wanted to see Get Smart but the missus wasnt having any of it after i said Anne Hathaway looked good. Rookie mistake. Anyway, i've loved most Adam Sandler films to date so i agreed to watch his latest.

The bad reviews it has recieved from some critics are unfair i think. Yes, its shallow and yes the humour is basic, but since when was the film advertised as anything but a silly comedy? That's exactly what it is and it does it as well as any other Adam Sandler film. He has the same cameos, the same feel-good storyline and some pretty hilarious moments. I guess it kind of steps on Borat's toes a little, but its done Adam Sandler style.

Anyway, i found it to be alot better than i thought it was going to be after reading some reviews, and now i think those reviewers need to know when to stop being so uptight. Judge a film on what it is, not what you thought it was going to be kind of thing.

I wont say its brilliant though. There are times when the jokes dont work and the storyline, as ridiculous as it is, does struggle to come together. But it did make me laugh a fair bit, so that's good enough for me.

6/10

I meant looks wise, he doesnt look or sound like i expected.

He would be very boring, and too "cartoony". Accurate, as you seem to be contrasting it with the cartoon.

On that note, Batman would look awful if he had that massive chest like he does in the 90's cartoon. With the armout accents on top of one of those cazy wrestler builds, he'd end up just reminding me of Batman fron The Dark Knight Returns;

300px-Batman_-_Dark_Knight_Returns_.jpg

Which would be very, very bad.

I see Batman as more lithe and tricksy than a brutish powerhouse.

I still think Morgan Freeman made the film what it is though.

broken flowers

about as bill murray-esque as a film can get really. According to IMBD it was pretty much written for him, which makes a lot of sense.

I loved the open endedness of the ending. Often endings that don't actually conclude the story can be frustrating, but (like Lost in Translation) this open ending was good and I suppose summed up the story.

8/10

Oh, and if any more people come on here praising shitty shitty zohan I shall get very annoyed! do none of you feel like your brain was raped by that film?

Four films that I've seen very recently.

Terminator 2: Judgement Day

As perfect as I ever remembered it to be. There's a debate raging on between me and my mind over which films I prefer more. For special effects, and set-pieces, then this film is probably better than the first. But, the original had somewhat of a special charm, and it was much more of a thriller, a cat and mouse game between the Terminator and Sarah Connor/Kyle Reese. This is much different. I'd have to say that I prefer the pacing of the first film much more, but this film is still fucking awesome. As far as sequels go, they really don't come much bigger and better than this.

"I know now why you cry...but it's something I can never do."

*DooDoo Daaaaa...Duh Duh Doooooo...*

Never ceases to make me tearful. :(

9.5/10

Although, ask me in a day's time, and it'll probably get 10/10. It really does fluctuate, but I love this film. :)

28 Days Later

Again, I can't rant about how much I love this film. Filmed in such a great style, good scripting and pacing, and a great set of characters. As the film goes on, it really does get better and better, and climaxing in that amazing penultimate scene in the house, with the music getting louder and louder as the carnage goes on. It really is definitely one to watch, and I told my Mum to watch it as it was on TV the other night, and she seemed to love it. :)

Another 9.5/10 for me. Fucking awesome film.

Hancock

This is not a bad film by any means. I actually enjoyed the majority of it. I thought Will Smith gave a good account of himself, and the pace and action was well worked out. It did seem to lose momentum in about the final third of the film, but I think it ended well.

This is definitely not Will Smith's best work, but it is far, far from being his worst. I'm glad I watched it, as it was entertaining, and I'd recommend watching it at least once, even if it is only to pass the time.

So, judging from that, I think a 6/10 or 7/10 is pretty fair.

A.I. Artificial Intelligence

I've seen this film get slated by so many people, but I quite like it. I have an affection for this film, especially the last 45 minutes or so. I'm quite an avid Jude Law hater, but even he seems to be decent in this film.

I must have seen this for about the fourth time now, and on all four occassions, I have been saddened by the ending. Sure, it's a modern take on the Pinocchio Tale, but I think it's pretty well done.

8/10. Screw you, I like this.

The main problem with A.I other then the ridiculous Spielberg happy happy ending, is that if Kubrick had made it instead of Spielberg it would have been about a billion times better.

The main problem with A.I other then the ridiculous Spielberg happy happy ending, is that if Kubrick had made it instead of Spielberg it would have been about a billion times better.

It kinda needed the happy ending, especially if it was meant to be seen as take on the idea of fairy-tales. Otherwise, it wouldn't have been seen as one.

Heh, guess we'll never know if Kubrick would have done it better. Still, I guess all we can do is watch what has been made, rather than dream about ideas that could have been - although it is still pretty fun. :heh: