NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

Do we like that stuff...you know..like bad things? Do we like bad things now?

After staring at your avatar... I'd say, yes, apparently we do.

monty python and the holy grail

if you have not seen this movie, your life will never be complete, the movie is pure genuis.

if you have not seen this movie, your life will never be complete, the movie is pure genuis.

I've seen that movie probably 40 times. It's amazing.

Jaws

Disturbingly enough I've never seen this until now, I'd like to reconfirm it's status as boanfide film classic. Bloody, terrifying and homely all at once, it somehow pulls it all off without too much cheese sticking too it. Classic Spielberg before he went all mushy.

9/10

Jaws

Disturbingly enough I've never seen this until now, I'd like to reconfirm it's status as boanfide film classic. Bloody, terrifying and homely all at once, it somehow pulls it all off without too much cheese sticking too it. Classic Spielberg before he went all mushy.

9/10

seen The Duel?

Fifty Pills

American independent movie with some of the big-name teen stars around at the moment. Watched it because Kristen Bell was in it (briefly, and in a bland moral role), plus John Hensley (Nip/Tuck) with one weirdass haircut. Anyway, it was alright. Some bizarre humour and a great soundtrack.

Eightish. Seven maybe?

Really enjoyed it, fantastic film. VERY impressed with the whole thing technically, the art style is wonderful and everything fits together well. I can't help but feel there was something about it not quite right however, I felt like the end came around too soon.

I enjoyed it a lot more than other films like Gladiator and Troy. For me personally, it is not an all time favourite film, but then it was never going to be, but I would say that for it's genre it's without a doubt one of the best and is awesomely stylish.

8/10

would be burn me at the stake if i said i hated this movie?

would be burn me at the stake if i said i hated this movie?

No, we'd just stone you to death for heresy.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Wasn't what I was expecting, but then again I wasn't really sure what I was expecting. Entertaining nonetheless.

300 - 8/10

Not an all time classic but a great film.

Fantastic stye and visual effects; slow mo's were really cool!

Very near the end I thought OK what was the point of the battle, but then the very ending cleared everything up and I thought it was a great story!

300- Was undeniably underwhelmingly Awesome. Artistic style and Visual effects were phenomenal, fight scenes some of the best ever. However like many have said, ending was unsatisfying and the story needed a bit more depth (having studied the Spartan Civilisation) and more of a build up to the colossal fight scenes.

The scripting was brilliant in its melodrama and the whole experience akin to a rollercoster ride (NEVER BORING) in reverse made 2 hours feel like 5 minutes. I also give it top marks for Historical accuracy and attention to detail among all the fantastical visual representations. However, I didn't feel a substantial rapport between any of the characters was established and was surprising un-emotional at some of the more heart-wrenching moments. The lack of depth is whole heartedly forgiven when compared with the titanic, awe-inspiring battle scenes that literally make your jaw-drop!

Overall - 4/5 Stars MUST SEE MOVIE!

Batman Begins. The bestest Batman movie ever. Fun from start to finish.

10/10

Yeah, it's totally awesome.

Yeah, it's totally awesome.

I must be the only one who didn't like it:heh:

I didn't think it was all that either. Great cast, but the whole semi-realism betrays the universe of the character and the script is attempting that whole "American Bond" thing. It just doesn't work.

..what the hell why? it's perfect but perhaps a little slow paced maybe?

I found the first half utterly boring, basicaly once he becomes Batman its awesome but before that :zzz: and Katie Holmes is a horrendous actor. The fact she has been droped for the sequel fills me with joy.

..what the hell why? it's perfect but perhaps a little slow paced maybe?

I just found the whole thing boring as hell. The Villian was also very uncharachteristic and the movie just didn't leave a lasting impression.

I'd give it 2/5:(