NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

28 days later

Not the typical Zombie film, what is quite good. However I really didn't like the reason why everyone became a Zombie. What I really liked about it was the atmosphere, life really seemed hopeless. To show that some humans also turn into monsters (not physically) under that circumstances was a great idea and provoking thought. I also liked the ending of the film, it was somehow predictable but still felt great.

8/10

Mission Impossible: 3

Saw this last night and have to say it was rather enjoyable. It's more action packed than the last two although one stealth mission they pull off is very good and possibly my favourite scene from all three movies. I did figure out the bad guy twist but then I like when I figure stuff out (no matter how obvious it is) because it makes me feel clever! There are a few things they don't show/explain that is a little annoying but overall I would say it's a great popcorn movie and if your an action junkie like me then you should definately see it!

8/10

Sin City

I really liked the style of this movie. It was a decient flick. Worth renting for sure. The style of it allowed the movie to be really gory i like it.

8/10

I saw the producers last night. What a rubbish film i give that a 3/10.

Its a musical

The Truman Show

This movie seems to get more and more relevant each time I see it, what with people spending more and more of their lives in virtual worlds, and scenarios like the Matrix seemingly a real possibility, as gaming technology accelerates. (Cough, Wii.) But anyway, it's a really smart story, very well done, and a great combination of comedy and some pretty powerful drama. And believe it or not, Jim Carey is pretty good in it. Go watch it now! :)

Last saturday I watched Wolfcreek

Horror films based on true stories are always frightening, but other than that there really isn't much I liked about the film. I know its not fiction so they couldn't of changed the story etc. but in terms of entertainment it really isn't that great. Its just gore viewing and a representation of what some nutters are like out there in the world.

4/10

Oh and a reminder to everyone, my favourite film (and many others too) BRAVEHEART is on tommorow night at 9pm on Channel 4. I recommend to anyone who hasn't seen it to definately watch it. Its epic,magical, and extremely emotional, exactly the kind of film I love. Its also one of the only films i've ever had tears in my eyes at the end in.

It is, you just go onto your account and there is an option to cancel, it shows the next day payment is due so you know you'll be cancelling in time. I've used Blockbuster and Screenselect so far.

Thanks, I went for the amazon one. Chose Apocalypse Now Redux, Chinatown and The Shawshank Redemption.

Got Apocalypse Now yesterday, watched the first 2 hours, very atmospheric film, even if it is too long and slow paced.

"I love the smell of nalpalm in the morning, smells like..... victory,":D

The Truman Show

This movie seems to get more and more relevant each time I see it, what with people spending more and more of their lives in virtual worlds, and scenarios like the Matrix seemingly a real possibility, as gaming technology accelerates. (Cough, Wii.) But anyway, it's a really smart story, very well done, and a great combination of comedy and some pretty powerful drama. And believe it or not, Jim Carey is pretty good in it. Go watch it now! :)

Carey is actually a good actor...seriously, I'm constantly amazed by him when he does real acting rather than gurning slapstick.

Carey is actually a good actor...seriously, I'm constantly amazed by him when he does real acting rather than gurning slapstick.

I agree. He's very good in Eternal Sunshine, imo.

The last film i saw was Being John Malkovich (apologies if that's spelt wrong).

A bluddy great film with superb acting all over it. It's pretty weird, but that just adds to it all. Well worth a look. 9/10

I saw the producers last night. What a rubbish film i give that a 3/10.

Its a musical

I went to the cinema to see this on the basis my mate saw the trailer and thought it was funny. (The Trailer failed to show any singing). What a load of fucking shite. Unfunny and totally fucking bollocks. Good job my mate paid me in and said half way through the film I didn't have to pay him back.

I agree. He's very good in Eternal Sunshine, imo.

The last film i saw was Being John Malkovich (apologies if that's spelt wrong).

A bluddy great film with superb acting all over it. It's pretty weird, but that just adds to it all. Well worth a look. 9/10

Wooow you're right, that totally slipped my mind. Eternal Sunshine is awesome, and Carey's amazing in it! I can see you're a big Andy Kaufman fan? ;)

Wooow you're right, that totally slipped my mind. Eternal Sunshine is awesome, and Carey's amazing in it! I can see you're a big Andy Kaufman fan? ;)

Man on the moon? That's an awesome film too, but i haven't seen it in a long, long time.

I just finished watching PayCheck with my flatmates. I was really tired before watching it, so that's probably distorted my view a little bit. Not a bad film at all, but not a revolutionary film either. 6/10 seems a fair score for it. Possibly 7/10.

The English Patient

Can't understand why people dislike it so much. A rather good romp, I thought.

7.5/10

The Shawshank Redemption is such a good film... anyone who hasnt seen it, do so :)

Kill Bill vol. 2

Not as good as the first one, but still a very decent movie. Has a very nice ending. 9/10

The Godfather

A very good film, superb acting, clever dialogue, the places feel so authentic and all the little details... This could very well be the chronicles of a Mafia family. However, it spoils the plot a bit if you saw "Jane Austen's Mafia!" before the classic. :/

10/10

Mission Impossible 3 (M:i:3)

Actually not bad. Its a typical M:I franchise really, guns, explosions, cars and oh yeah the impossible mission too!!

Overall its a quite good action film. Storyline is a little incredible but so are most action/gun based movies.

Good film, good acting, good scenes, money well spent.

7.5/10

"I love the smell of nalpalm in the morning, smells like..... victory,":D

No it doesn't, it smells like gasoline ;)

Howls moving castle

8/10

It was an ok film. I still don't like anything that has slimy stuff. But I can forgive this one for that. It's a nice break from the usual hollywood/disney formula movies I have watched recently.

Brokeback mountain:

I don't care if it's a film about homosexuality. It was superb, espicially the cinematography. I did shed a tear at the end. Perhaps this film will show people that a man can love another man and theres nothing wrong with it? (or perhaps thats just my opinion)

9/10

The Producers:

My god i think i'm going to have a nervous breakdown, that was my initial thought through-out the film. It wasn't bad but should of finished about a hour less then it did. When he sang on song going through what had just happened through-out the whole film i ran for the knife draw. Funny in places but only because of Will Farrel

4/10

Cry Wolf

Extremely annoying.

2/10

silent hill:

very very good film is you ask me, i like the fact that tension is maintained and that the storyline isnt juvanille but not too complex to leave you going 'wtf was that'. the charcter design is great as usual and the storyline is enjoyable

overall well worth 3.50 i wanna go see it agan already lol

8/10

For anyone that has ITV2 Kindergarten Cop is on at 21:00 tonight, great film.

Apocalypse Now Redux

Great film, if a little long and hard to follow. very atmospheric and cinematic. There was little-to-no character development but I guess that was intentional

8.5/10