NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

The main problem with jarhead is that its just Full Metal Jacket.

I haven't 'fully' seen Full Metal Jacket, but it did look/feel very similar i must admit, although not as 'serious' (if thats the right word to use?).

So yes i agree with you :wink:

I watched 2 films last night: Team America and Scary Movie 3.

Team America is hilarious, stupid and brilliant. Especially the music (America, FUCK YEAH!) Now, I wanna get Baseketball on DVD, I'll give it 9/10 you cockfags.

Scary Movie 3, if it wasn't for Charlie Sheen and Leslie Nielsen, who I both know have done stupid films in the past (Hot Shots, Airplane and Naked Gun)

This film just wouldn't have been as funny without them. It's amusing, but they both made it better. 7/10.

Brazil. Basically it's a romantic comedy set in George Orwells 1984. (and it doesn't have a happy ending.) It has the greatest cast. Ever. Featuring Jonathan Price, Robert De Niro, Bob Hoskins, Jim Broadbent, Katheriene Helmond, Ian Holm, Kim Greist and Michael Palin. Who plays a cold-blooded interrigator, a man who enjoys nothing more then a quiet night with his loving family after a long hard day of tearing "terroists" teeth out and sticking huge pins through their eyes, ears and brain to get them to "confess."

Oh, and boy oh boy, just you wait until you see the battle sequence with the giant neon samurai. Terry Gilliam is a fucking genius. GENIUS. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

10/10

I love that film so much. it's amazing! It's also a fiver in my local reccord shop. I'm gonna buy it up next time I'm out

Bad Boys 2

Watched this last night after going to the pub, awesome film, quality action, very funny highly recomended!

9/10

Last film I saw was Bill and Ted: Excellent Adventures. This movie was my childhood, I grew up on things like this and so my review may be bias due to nostalgia. However, I love it to bits, great cast, great humour, randomly funny storyline. Perfect kids film 9/10.

Last film I saw was Bill and Ted: Excellent Adventures. This movie was my childhood, I grew up on things like this and so my review may be bias due to nostalgia. However, I love it to bits, great cast, great humour, randomly funny storyline. Perfect kids film 9/10.

That is a great film. My dad introduced me to it when i was a little kid and it has the humour there for kids and if you listen more carefully then it has humour for all the generations. Awesome film.

I saw Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. I can safely say it is a fantastic film and i can't wait for the sequal.

9/10.

Alien Autopsy.

I thought I'd give it a chance. And it was really good. The acting in it was great, Ant and Dec done a superb job. Not to forget the rest of the cast. Every now and again is well placed comedy line, random things that will make you laugh. I liked the whole based on true events thing too. Good film. 7/10

I got round to seeing V for Vendetta the other day.

pleased to announce that it's pretty good. It certainly captures an essence of a very modern totalerarian state very well.

unfortunatly it also had wachowski brothers written all over it at times which was a bummer as they arent exactly subtle, although their screenplay was decent enough despite the way they tried to script everything as overly british. Good performances all round though.

7/10

Flightplan- Superb! but did guess the twist nearly at the beginning! 8/10

Doom- Not bad, but the subtitle of where they were at certain times (hard to explain, like it would say 'Mars space station' and it would stay there all the way through the film) wouldn't go away and it kept jamming and it was too dark, all these factors didn't help matters. Other then that about average, wasn't impressed with the acting either. Liked the gore though! 6/10

Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance

Great film from Oldboy Director Park Chan-Wook, it certainly isn't for everyone though, it's fairly slow paced. It's about a guy with green hair who is deaf and dumb. He wants money to help his sister with a kidney transplant and ends up staging a kidnapping, which all goes wrong and well you'll have to see if you watch it. :P

8/10

Scary Movie 2 (BBC after MOTD) It was funny but some of the jokes fell on its arse. I loved the way it took the piss out of the film The Haunting, which was a truly shite film and deserved a Razzie. Anyway, Scary Movie 2 isn't as good as Scary Movie 3 but it's also a 7/10.

Harry Potter and the Goblet Of Fire. One of the best films I've seen made better because of my new Home Cinema System, Subwoofer-age indeed. HP has brilliant actors and acting, and sticks to the book more than I imagined it to. 10/10

Scary Movie 2 was just offal. The jokes were not that funny and I only laughed at the bit where the invisible whatever stuck his dick in her mouth. 3/10

Chronicles of Narnia, wah-hey talk about a good film, it was fantastic took its time getting to aslan though but finally seeing him. woo hoo. 9/10

The dudesons: It's not a movie as it has no plot. It's like the jackass movie, but the stunts these guys do are way crazier. And if one goes wrong, it could be fatal or result in a serious injury. Actually a couple of times they do get hurt.

Once a dudeson's ankle twists(not a pretty sight) And one almost breaks his back.

I'll give it 5/10 as it has some funny moments.

Swordfish: An action movie. Period. 6/10

lmao at the finnish hacker whose name was torvalds, I wonder whose

idea that was (Linux was created by a finnish guy named Linus Torvalds) And

the laughing didn't stop there. When this guy speaks finnish with his lawyer, it

sounds more like german or russian. And that's just stupid as finnish isn't even

the same language family as german/english/swedish.

I think scary movie 2 might be the biggest crock of shit ever. it's so amazingly wank.

Once Upon a time in Mexico.

it was ok, nice action scenes ... nowhere as good as Desperado though.

shes the man! was a surprisingly good predictable but funny and fast moving american rom com based on shakespeares twelth night.

good family ish film with some hot guys and some girls looking gorgeous!

8/10

Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance

Great film from Oldboy Director Park Chan-Wook, it certainly isn't for everyone though, it's fairly slow paced. It's about a guy with green hair who is deaf and dumb. He wants money to help his sister with a kidney transplant and ends up staging a kidnapping, which all goes wrong and well you'll have to see if you watch it. :P

8/10

There is also a film called Lady Vengeance by the same director, i'm waiting for that to be released on dvd. (i wonder if its the sequel)

Anyway i watched the cell last night, had a nice atmosphere and i loved its twisted set pieces, but boy did it bore me... bore me to tears.

2 Stars

Man, I've done nothing but watch films. I watched two again last night:

Lock, Stock And Two Smoking Barrels:- A right royal cockney barrel of laughs, this is. You can see how it became a popular film. I can't really say much about it because I'm sure a lot of people know what this film is about, but if you don't know, try Wikipedia

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Ghostbusters:- This film is my childhood along with Back To The Future and programmes like The Real Ghostbusters, Garfield, Bottom and The Young Ones.

I love this film. I could watch it every month if I wanted.

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

btw I gave Scary Movie 2 7/10 because it parodied another film, The Haunting, which got nominated for a Razzie award, and because of that I gave it 3 extra smilies.

The Haunting? shite things are all called The Haunting aren't they. :wink:

Me, Myself And irene (ITV2)

Only Jim Carrey could pull this off. Comic genious, plays the 2 parts perfectly. Best moment imo is when:

hank and cahrlie are fighting (when the go through the window), and when hank throws charlie out of the car

Road Trip.

Pretty awesome teen movie, above the standard you'd expect from an American Pie movie.

Tom Green should have had a more prominent role in the movie because he's a genius.. felt a bit left out and he clearly didn't have much creative freedom comedy wise.

6/10

With reference to the Scary Movies that were on BBC and ITV2 this week I thought they were both pretty kack.. but I couldn't help but laugh at Doofy throughout the film.. that guy was awesome.

Hows Moving Castle.

incredible movie. I really loved it. Christian Bale too on the dub. shabba.

Infernal Affairs- 7/10

Confusing and over-dramatic, but very well done and very stylish. I'd also like to acknowledge the great stunt direction aswell.

Can't wait for Scorsese's take on it, which should be coming later this year (The Departed).