NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Stallone or Schwarzenegger? Cast your vote!

After reading Dan Dares topic about the Terminator films it got me thinking who does everyone think is better. Now we both know both these guys cant really act ( i would say Stallone is better than Arnie in that dept. ) but which of these 2 guys films do you prefer.

For me I would say Stallone. Im a huge fan of the Rambo and Rocky series and Demolition Man stands as one of my favourite action flicks. Also a lesser know film that he did which was called Over the Top has an amazing soundtrack and great story. Then there is Daylight which came out during that whole disaster movie period which I still enjoy watching and also Cliffhanger which is a pretty solid film.

Arnie on the other hand has only been great in a few films such as the Terminator series and that is probably because he had to act like a machine. Im a fan of the Running Man film but most of his early stuff is simply cheese such as Commando.

I love both of their films as i like a good action flick but for me Stallone wins it.

What about you guys?

Arnie all the way. Terminator 1 & 2 proves how awesome he is. Imagine Stallone in the same roll...nahh ;)

Arnold was good in Terminator.. But stallone was AWSOME in Demiliton man and the rocky series.

So Stallone ftw

The only Stallone film I can think of that I like is Demolition Man, I haven't really watched any of his others. So it has to be Arnie for me.

I watched Kindergarten Cop yesterday and it's much funnier than I remember. I also saw Total Recall for the first time the other week and I really liked it. True Lies is awesome too. I really should get round to seeing terminator, I think I'm the only person that hasn't.

You beat me to it Katie, True Lies is one of my favorite movies. I thought he did a passable job on End of Days too

Got to be Schwarzenegger, Stallone will never be forgiven for the balls up he made of Judge Dredd.

Arnie wins it for Predator, T2 and True Lies, and maybe even his humourous self-mockery in Last Action Hero.

I wouldn't be able to live without great quotes from Arnold. And I love Terminator 1&2 Commando, Predator, True Lies, Last Action Hero, Total Recall and Conans. Terminator 3 is okay too.

Here are some great quotes from Arnie:

(Arnold is talking to the devil)"You think you're bad, huh? You're a fucking choir boy compared to me! A choir boy!"

"I'll make you eat that contract but I hope you will leave enough room for my fist because I'm going to ram it in your stomach and break your spine!"

(a mongol asks:"Conan, what's best in life?)"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women."

"I'm a cop you idiot!"

"Who is your daddy and what does he do?"

It's gotta be Schwarznegger. The man's just too damn charismatic to ignore. I was also very surprised at his governership of California. He actually appears to have done a really great job. I would actually think that he would be a pretty decent choice for the Oval Office. Him, or Codeliza Rice. Definitly better him then Hillary Clinton.

"To all the people who say our economy is doing badly, I say: Stop being economic girly men!"

Classic - and it wasn't even on one of his films.

I'd have to say a tie. Demolition Man and Judge Dredd [which I enjoyed] Vs Last Action Hero and Total Recall... can't be done.

Got to be Schwarzenegger, Stallone took himself to serious and he still is, with Arnie it was always abit of a joke.

"Don't disturb my friend, he's dead tired."

What film, hotshot.

Schwarzenegger for me. Only yesterday I watched Predator in English (well the germans do a lot of sychronisations) and his voice acting is really bad, but the german voice actor is good (it isn't Schwarzenegger himself) but although Arnies voice acting is a little strange I like his films better. T1-3, Predator, Last Action Hero and Total Recall are my favorite Arnie movies and there are only two Stallone films I like, the first Rambo and Judge Dredd.

Got to be Schwarzenegger, Stallone took himself to serious and he still is, with Arnie it was always abit of a joke.

"Don't disturb my friend, he's dead tired."

What film, hotshot.

Commando :)

Yup

If you ever get chance, watch the Streets of San Francisco with a young Arnie in one of the episodes, its about him being a bodybuilder and he slaps a girl around when she calls him big, tis a funny and poor acting episode, also Micheal Douglas starred in the series and Karl "big nose" Malden, who featured in a Family Guy episode with cocaine, how i laughed.

arnie, i dont think theres any film he has made that people will outwards hate...

stallone did get carter and driven, piles of shit, where is he now?

in spy kids...right

"its not a toomah"

I don't know Arnie has Terminator and End of Days, Stallone has Rocky and Rambo. They both like to shout out women's names though.

Stallone: AAAAAADRIAAAN!

Schwazzeneger: MARIA! AAAA MARIA!!!

Seriously Will Sasso's imitation of Arnie is genious.

Arnie all the way. I'm two films short of his entire collection on DVD. Big fan.

Nothing Stallone has done will ever compare to T1, T2, Predator, Last Action Hero, True Lies, The End of Day, I could go on and on and on.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRNIE.

I do like alot of Stallone films though so dont think of me as a Stallone hater.

arnie, i dont think theres any film he has made that people will outwards hate...

Jingle all the way?

Sign in to follow this