N-Europe

Spider-Man 3 pic here.

Hero-of-Time

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

His face / head is side on! - In the same posture [looking downwards] as Spiderman's is.
Still can't see it if you compare it with the how Venom looks in the comics! The eyes are completely different!

I agree it looks more like the Green Goblin, but even that's hard to see!

Their's probably nothing their at this stage of posters!

The black suit looks really cool!!

It's a more modern version of original suit; just like they did with the Red costume giving it silver detail!

spideyblack6.jpg

It can't be the Goblin, and I can prove that with just one single piece of proof.

Goblin has a nose.

Whoever that is depicted inside the eye of Spiderman on that image has NO nose.

And tell me this.

Which character, that's been mentioned about a million times in this thread, has no nose?

That's right - Venom.

Retro_Link. Have a think about this for a second.

In Spiderman 1 and 2, there was only obvious resemblances between the characters from the comics and the ones in the movie. Like the Green Goblin for example.

Obviously there was some creative embelishment towards the designs of the suits and characters in the movies. So that's what will probably happen with the new characters (whoever they may be) in Spiderman 3.

The fact is...in the eye of Spiderman in that picture, it's Venom.

- No Nose.

- Large white eyes

- Flat face

- Long Jaw-line and teeth.

It's Venom.

So, in the story whats the reason for spiderman changing his suit? I know he had a problem with the venom suit for a while where it attached to him.

Tilt your head 90 degrees to the left, and look closely at his eye.

What do you see?

A building possibly.

There is nothing in the eye, I've seen all sort of speculation, from the goblin and venom through to Homer Simpson, fact is there's nothing there that will give you a clue.

It'll probably come from space in the ship that J Jonah Jameson's son (I forget his name) is piloting. Like in the cartoon, it crash landed and the symbiote escaped and attached itself to spiderman. Although in the cartoon he was fighting Rhino there but it will probably be Sandman.

If that's Venom, he has the nose hole of a skull and one massive chin.

Venom does have a massive chin.

And what makes you think it's a nose-hole from a skull?

Venom does have a black part of skin (or suit) in the bridge of his face (where a nose should be) and in some comic images, the middle part of his face, shrivles up when his mouth is opened -- His mouth does happen to be opened in the image of Venom on that image of Spiderman.

The Lizard kicks ass. I think its kool that he gets his arm back when he turns. He would be a good 'villain' because he doesnt want to be, he has no control while in lizard form. It should inly be revealed near the end that Connors is The Lizard and it would cause a crisis of conscience for spidey. They would need a good actor though to display all the emotions Connors is going through. Also not all CG, some good suit work is needed.

The fact is...in the eye of Spiderman in that picture, it's Venom.

- No Nose.

- Large white eyes

- Flat face

- Long Jaw-line and teeth.

It's Venom.

OK, that isn't what you've drawn at all!

If you look at it as though it is Venom then;

Firstly, Venom has plain white eyes, there is no inner-eye as is suggested in that image.

Also there is a rediculous amount of space between the eyes and teeth; although there is no nose, there is certainly room for one!

I just don't see it!

I think it's far too early for there to be anything meaningful in that reflection; this is the very fist image of the film and also the enemy line-up hasn't even been confirmed yet!

It's likely Venom will appear in the reflection on a later poster, but when and if he does, it will be a much clearer image in order to give the film poster meaning like this (only a darker image);

spider-man2_teaserposter_468.jpg

Sony knows everyone will be looking in the reflection for clues and so they've purposefully left it vague!

It's probably just a building or the sky!

Yeah, but the real question is when are we going to see the brilliance that is The Lizard?
Yeah would be great! I'd also like Scorpion, Rhino and Black Cat to be in the films at some point!

I hope they don't rush the enemy stories too much;

The whole thing about Green Goblin mk2 either being at the end of 3 or as the main enemy in 4 makes me think maybe they'll rush the Venom storyline in Spiderman 3, when really the Venom and then Carnage story could span 2 films.

I'd much rather them now make the a great Venom story because they can bring back the Green Goblin in any film; I think his return would be great in Spiderman 6! It would be a great way to end the films with the Green Goblin in the first and then in the last!

Maybe;

3 - Venom, Sandman (hopefully just a 15 minute or so fight to open the movie, then the rest can be about Venom)

4 - Venom/Carnage,

5 - 2 enemies from Lizard/Shocker/Rhino/Scorpian maybe working for King Pin

vs. Spiderman and Black Cat

6 - 1 enemy from Lizard/Shocker/Rhino/Scorpian and Green Goblin

At first I thought people were seeing things that weren't there in that eyepiece, like finding a figure in clouds, but that really is starting to look like a sinister grin with creepy teeth. If it is though, it looks metal, like armour or something :/

Sandman is going to be such a stretch from the previous villains, far more 'paranormal' and far fetched. Kirsten Dunst did say that the villains were Sandman and Venom, but she isn't the brightest bulb in the box.... I would imagine Harry's going to exact some kind of revenge on Spidey - after all he did start seeing visions of his father in a mirror, so maybe he's cracking up.

Venom does have a massive chin.

And what makes you think it's a nose-hole from a skull?

Venom does have a black part of skin (or suit) in the bridge of his face (where a nose should be) and in some comic images, the middle part of his face, shrivles up when his mouth is opened -- His mouth does happen to be opened in the image of Venom on that image of Spiderman.

Venom indeed on occasions has the large chin, but that's normally when his face [even when seen from a side view] isn't as a level as a ruler.

Nose theory? This is what I see. Note the skull isn't at the same angle.

nose8fy.jpg

OK, that isn't what you've drawn at all!

Oh... excuse me for not carefully outlining exactly every detail in the depiction of Venom within the eye-lense of Spiderman's suit.

I only out-lined the figure of his head / face, to show that Venom is indeed there.

If you look at it as though it is Venom then;

Firstly, Venom has plain white eyes, there is no inner-eye as is suggested in that image.

You didn't bother to read my post.

I specifically said that in the previous films, the creators used some creative embelishment, when they thought up the re-creation of the characters suits.

You're referring to the comic-book / cartoon designs of Venom too much. Use your imagination.

Also there is a rediculous amount of space between the eyes and teeth; although there is no nose, there is certainly room for one!

I just don't see it!

A ridiculous amount of space?

We're talking about a bloody alien-symbiote suit here. Venom's head isn't exactly figured in the same shape and form as a human head.

And the reason you can't see a nose, is because there ISN'T one there.

I think it's far too early for there to be anything meaningful in that reflection; this is the very fist image of the film and also the enemy line-up hasn't even been confirmed yet!

It's not a reflection. Well I don't consider it to be one. My theory is that it's a symbol, signifying that Spiderman is going to eventually encounter or be possessed by Venom at some point in the movie - the latter of which would make more sense.

The posture of both Spiderman's head; facing downwards, and the same for Venoms face in the eye-lense of Spiderman.

It's likely Venom will appear in the reflection on a later poster, but when and if he does, it will be a much clearer image in order to give the film poster meaning like this (only a darker image);

spider-man2_teaserposter_468.jpg

The poster in question is clear-enough, clear enough to give a good idea of what the film is going to be like - dark, erie and dramatic. Hence Spiderman's pose; the hunched, crouching figure. The rain also adds to the mood.

Everything in that poster, provides association towards the characteristics of a possible clash between Venom and Spiderman.

Sony knows everyone will be looking in the reflection for clues and so they've purposefully left it vague!

Exactly. :hmm:

It's probably just a building or the sky!

Lol.

Venom indeed on occasions has the large chin, but that's normally when his face [even when seen from a side view] isn't as a level as a ruler.

Nose theory? This is what I see. Note the skull isn't at the same angle.

It doesn't necessarily mean that it's a nose-hole. The colouring to the left and far right of the head is dark. The bit in which you think is a hole, could be simply a dark piece of skin / suit that looks as if it's part of whatever is behind venom in the background of the lense. It's pretty hard to tell, considering the amount of contrast there is.

It could possibly be shaped, so that running from the eye's downwards, is goes in a little, then there's a little ridge, then that continues downwards to the chin.

This DFS sale with "word" on it. They say "pick on it" then proceed to show a kid with a shit eating grin about to pick his nose and they stop him!? Is he allowed to pick on it or what?

Then "Sleep/Dream" on it. They're one and the same, both are not needed.

That Britney Spears perfume advert is wank also.

This DFS sale with "word" on it. They say "pick on it" then proceed to show a kid with a shit eating grin about to pick his nose and they stop him!? Is he allowed to pick on it or what?

Then "Sleep/Dream" on it. They're one and the same, both are not needed.

That Britney Spears perfume advert is wank also.

Dude. Wrong thread.

Ah, my friend and I believe he has pieced together the mystery of Spiderman 3.

The black suit is the symbiote, which messes with his head. And the black like some one already said resembles death, so the suit may of caused him to kill some one close.

So that would mean he'd be outnumbered, fighting with himself and sandman, and saved by an unlikely ally which is (wont say out loud, but keep an eye out for what a certain charecter finds).

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!