N-Europe

Nintendo Sound Clock Alarmo (Early 2025)

Julius

This seems to be designed for the person who sleeps alone all the time. If I had this the movement the wife does when waking up would drive me crazy. I can't see how this is considered a good business decision in 2024 when there are so many options to use as an alarm that has more than 5 varieties of sound.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

I can't see how this is considered a good business decision in 2024 when there are so many options to use as an alarm that has more than 5 varieties of sound.

I'm choosing to see it as a designated sacrificial lamb ahead of the Switch successor announcement.

Get all of the weird energy and ideas and gimmicks Nintendo is known for out of the way with this little alarm clock. I swear it's like they've got a quota to meet on how many funny or strange decisions they greenlight every year, because it's often balanced out by what is very much a "strictly business" approach. 

Who knows? Maybe that's the deal Miyamoto made with the devil back in that cave from his childhood...

• Haha 1

What an alarming price! At that price it's just not for me, maybe a price drop or see it on e-bay at some point in the future. Still could see this selling well for Xmas.

The real question is, can it play Doom?

Edited by sumo73

Looks like the Alarmo has 4GB of onboard emmc storage...

Thats a decent amount for what this is.  Nintendo should be able to release a decent amount of new themes for this thing :)

Edited by Dcubed