N-Europe

Secret Level (Prime Video animated anthology set in many popular game worlds; December 10th, 15 episodes)

Announced at Gamescom, and might be the highlight. 

This is being headed up by Tim Miller – who directed the first Deadpool film back in 2016, founded Blur Studio (an amazing VFX studio), and also headed up Love, Death & Robots on Netflix. 

It will be premiering on December 10th and there will be a total of 15 episodes. 

Here's the full list of games the series will be covering:

● Armored Core
● Concord
● Crossfire
● Dungeons & Dragons
● Exodus
● Honor of Kings
● Mega Man
● New World: Aeternum
● PAC-MAN
● PlayStation (Highlighting various PlayStation Studios beloved entities)
● Sifu
● Spelunky
● The Outer Worlds
● Unreal Tournament
● Warhammer 40,000

A whole lot of big IP there, curious to see which PlayStation IPs get some love – got to imagine Astro is in there, right? Pick of the bunch for me though has to be Armored Core! 

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Julius changed the title to Secret Level (Prime Video animated anthology set in many popular game worlds; December 10th, 15 episodes)

Wow that looks great.  It’ll be interesting to see whether there’s an interlocking story or whether they’re 15 standalone episodes.

I wondered how they’ll cover Pac-Man, but that teaser certainly gives a hint (one I wouldn’t have guessed!).

Excited to see how this turns out! 😁

I might check out the Pac-Man and Mega Man out of curiosity (even though I've only played one Mega Man game). Perhaps The Outer Worlds to see if they capture the Firefly feel (at first, I thought he worked on Firefly, but that was someone with a similar name, this guy apparently worked on Shadow the Hedgehog). A few of them I only know by name and nothing else and a some (Crossfire, Exodus, Honor of Kings, New World: Aeternum) I've never heard of before.

Concord seems like it's only there so they can use other PlayStation properties. 

16 hours ago, Glen-i said:

How in the world have you not played Pac-Man?

It's not the sort of game that interests me, so I've never sought it out. 

I feel like I've got the gist of it from watching a video.