NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ninty 182

Emos

This is the dumbest thread I ever heard. You've just linked one unique thing into this guy and tried to make it the cause. You might as well make a thread called Tall people. "So this guy I know, he's tall and he rapes kids. Has anyone else had this problem with tall people?"

Yeah but I think it is linked as I used to get along with this guy and quite like him, now since he turned emo he's started changing his personality and becoming a prick - almost trying to fit in with the stereotype - and was wondering if anybody else had seen this in people who have turned emo.

Usualy when theres a trend around, you have to make the effort to fit in. You've got the original emo's, kewl, unique. And you've got the trendy emo's, usualy dumbasses contradicting themselves by saying they are unique but are willing to change due to the trend.

Ninty, if your mates being a prick, dont be his mate.

You'll either have to become one yourself, which you won't, or you'll have to stop being his mate, like demonmike said.

Urgh, it isn't the "Emo culture" that's to blame. Some guys just become an asshole. It just seems to happen to some people. For example, a couple of people I know has been on the "Emo" side of things for a while, but they are still perfectly nice, pretty cool, decent people. I another guy who I used to be very good friends with however (who is a massive anime' fan/obsessor - a veritible otaku) has been just a total ass to all around him, ever since he went to university. He's just an arogant, drunken, self centered prick now.

Yeah but I think it is linked as I used to get along with this guy and quite like him, now since he turned emo he's started changing his personality and becoming a prick - almost trying to fit in with the stereotype - and was wondering if anybody else had seen this in people who have turned emo.

So then the guy is an idiot, he shouldn't bring down the whole of emo fans because he's become an asshole.

Picking on emo kids is the new picking on goths. And it's always done by people who claim that they're always shunned for their own music, not realising their own damn hypocrisy.

You'll either have to become one yourself, which you won't ...

:idea:

No I've been trying to avoid him for a while now and just keep out of his way as he's going to a different college than me anyway next year so I hopefully won't see him again afterwards.

Best bet is to do what you're doing and stay away, though don't blame it on him becoming emo, it could just be some new people he hangs round with.

I don't know anyone who is 100% emo, but lots of people are always "depressed" and moaning about something. They're MSN nicks are always about them complaining about their lives with no reason! Damn it, I have a depression and you don't see me complaining about it.

In the locked emo thread someone thought emos were like moshers. They are NOT. Most of them dont really move at gigs. Watching them at Download was interesting. Moshers, as the name implies mosh.

I remember going to one gig where there was hundreds of emos standing round waiting for the doors to open and a fair few grungers and metallers were there too, then the biggest of the grungers raored "EMO's!!!!!!!!!!"

it seems to me that EMO is becoming like a fasion statement like the 9 year old slipknot "fans". i know too many that just use the term to use it as an excuse to experience teen angst and look so miserable that i just wanna grab their fringe and slam them into a lamp post, but thats my opinion. true many people do have problems in their lives, but theres always the Wannabes that give a bad name. Im a grunger, but i dont go around being a prick or slagging off other peoples tastes (apart from mabye some people sometimes due to personal reason, hypocritical eh?) all my friends have different tastes in music, i have never felt the desire to be part of a group or fit in with certain people because of musica, fashion or idealogical inclination

I wear jeans that are so tight that you can tell my religion...

But I'm not emo, they're in fashion! Or at least, they are in London.

Emo is too pretentious. I love depressing music, but it's all about sad folk. Nick Drake anyone?

One more thing, don't you love their MSN names?

- 'Her burning heart of autumn'

- 'Your love is homocide'

- 'War = </3 (Those are lyrics from a political song)

- 'Broken heart 'o' clock :('

I wear jeans that are so tight that you can tell my religion...

But I'm not emo, they're in fashion! Or at least, they are in London.

Emo is too pretentious. I love depressing music, but it's all about sad folk. Nick Drake anyone?

One more thing, don't you love their MSN names?

- 'Her burning heart of autumn'

- 'Your love is homocide'

- 'War = </3 (Those are lyrics from a political song)

- 'Broken heart 'o' clock :('

This just proves my point that picking on Emo is the new picking on Goths. 3 years ago everyone would be saying 'look at these screenames, cheer up goth lolololol'

God! Could she be any more pretentious and elitest?

Also, if everyone calls bands such as My Chemical Romance etc emo, then they become emo, surely? I've never cared THAT much for genres.

What's quite funny is I quite like some of the band she mentioned as being 'real emo' thinking they were indie. Namely Mineral, Texas is the Reason and Sunny Day Real Estate. Oh well.

'Their sound won't be as harsh on your virgin ears' - Well I'm sorry we're not as cool as you.

Haha, "I suggest you start with post emo as it win't sound as hard on your virgin ears"

to add something, when I was 18, a friend of mine (16) went through a stage of being a jerk. he tried to immitate myself and another of my friends in an attempt to become more popular in the group, and he tried to put us down in order to pull himself up the ranks.

basic social ineptitude.

anyway, whenever he tried myself and the other mate he was trying to mimic showed him how it was done, in good humour, but also smacking him back down to the lower ranks.

I think he figured out pretty quick his tactics weren't working.

anyway, at the time he was suffering from insecurity.

however, end product, at 20 he now has a unique (really is unique) humour, and he's far more confident.

my advice would be give him space, either he'll learn, in which case he'll grow as a person and hopefully you will be good friends with him later in life when you have both matured.

worse case scenario, he'll not snap out of it, and get worse. either way, if you stick round him you'll get offended, possibly offend him, and most likely turn him into an enemy.

I've also done that, as it turns out we went from best mates, not good mates, enemies (for like 3 hours) arch enemies (not sure about him, but I actually wanted to kill him, and offered to meet up with him between our homes, where I was planning to beat him to death. I was slightly drunk on rage at the time :/)

but even that has miraculously turned back to us being close mates, to the point of me being best man at his upcoming wedding, which is very strange, the one man I have ever hated, and I'm actually going to be his best man. very strange.

Oh yeah, If coo would be kind enough to post a picture of them.

P.S Does anyone know if aerosol will catch fire when sprayed on a jhot radiator (or in my case, bathroom freshning spray)

No it wont catch fire. You need a flame. With the right equipment you can make a flame comparable to the batmobile.

This girl is a fool. You can disregard her entire point by saying "listen lady, expressions change".

A slap helps too.

There was probably a time, a year before it became popular, that "punk" was only a genre of music. Then it became a style, you could say "that guy is a punk". With her argument, you could say "erm punk is music how can he be music".

Geez the elitism of some people o_O I'm surprised she didn't claim she was there the day they came up with the term.

Anyway having turned emo he has dyed his hair black and gelled it all. Fine

He then started writing abusive lyrics all over his exercise books. A little strange but fine I guess.

Then he started becoming more violent and I've noticed him hitting people without cause because it's 'fun'.

Now he's also started spitting at anybody who offends him (not me but some of my friends) which is totaly gross.

He's not an emo, just a f*ckwit.

I don't mind the emo fashion, sure it's horribly unoriginal, but at least it's better than chav (or Cowboy as we get here in Aus.). The bad thing about emo's is their f*cked up attitude about everything. Many of them seem to think they are absolutely 100% right when they diss out America every seven seconds and dribble poorly re-quoted second hand anti-corporate BS. Ok, I'll give you the time of day to hear your rant when you prove to me that you own no item of clothing that's been made in a sweatshop and when you stop hanging outside KFC which is part of one of the biggest corporate empires in the world. You effing fools.

Beh since Green Day remerged (or became mainstream whatever) every little thirteen year old who isn't a chav is against America for no reason. I'd rather be there than here to be honest with you.

Sign in to follow this