N-Europe

Resident Evil may be getting remade again...

Oh, dear God. :cry:

It will be linear and ruined. Want to see crows as enemies, or something else you remember from the 2002 version? Then you can just go and demand it all as DLC to let Capcom know it sucks!

My interest overall? Bomb out of zilch. :indeed:

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/capcom-rumored-to-be-working-on-a-remake-of-the-first-resident-evil-game-on-the-rex-engine/

They've milked the series so much, I cannot even be arsed to discuss it anymore.

Yeah. It really has reached that stage for me. :heh:

It's gonna be compared to the 2002 remake too much anyway. People will see all the things Capcom left out and just call it the inferior version, only to wonder why it was made in the first place. But it's obviously just another cash grab because Capcom knows everyone will line up at the buffet table.

Although I'm quite sure these are the same gamers who praise the RE2 remake, yet that game doesn't even feel anything like the classic 1998 title, since too much was altered. 

And they had years to work on getting it right...

Posted (edited)
On 5/14/2024 at 9:58 AM, CrowingJoe79 said:

Oh, dear God. :cry:

It will be linear and ruined. Want to see crows as enemies, or something else you remember from the 2002 version? Then you can just go and demand it all as DLC to let Capcom know it sucks!

My interest overall? Bomb out of zilch. :indeed:

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/capcom-rumored-to-be-working-on-a-remake-of-the-first-resident-evil-game-on-the-rex-engine/

So the link given is linked from dsogaming is to a reddit post (Daniel's post is behind Patreon that you have to join to unlock) which is then linked an 'X' post in Arabic, which via google translate becomes...."Another but uncertain piece of news is that Resident Evil 1 Remake will be released in 2026".

Thanks for that I guess. :heh:

Edited by sumo73
  • Like 1

On 15/05/2024 at 2:55 PM, Dcubed said:

Resident Evil Remake Remastered Remake.

Rereleased thereafter.

2 hours ago, Ashley said:

RERRR

Starting to sound like a zombie

Haha, I'm reminded of the end of Buffy episodes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CrowingJoe79 said:

What about 0, C:V, 5 and the Outbreak games? Do you reckon they will be remade too?

In time anything is possible. Capcom is the issue here however; perfectly able to remake Resident Evil 2 only to drop the ball with the remake of Resident Evil 3.

Not sure when we will get to see the remake of Resident Evil Survivor though.

resident-evil-survivor-game-cover-altar-

Lastly regarding the original Resident Evil game yes I am sure it can be remade again especially when you know that the original idea was to make it first person - What Resident Evil Could Have Been | Shacknews

• Thanks 1

While the RE2 remake is better than RE3, some aspects to it were a let down. The second scenario for example did feel like a repeat. Both characters aren't supposed to enter the general store next to the petrol pumps, as Leon was supposed to inspect the corpse laying on a road. Then Claire runs out of the diner, at which point Leon shoots a zombie in the head. But actual headshots during the game itself never really proved effective against the undead.

There was also cut enemy types, with notable things gone such as the spiders. Again, maybe that doesn't impact the game as such, but the RE1 remake in 2002 only had subtle changes, and everything from the graphics to the new Crimson Head zombies and Lisa Trevor as a Nemesis-esque boss who follows you, was well received at the time.

In my opinion, the RE4 remake was really good. But I mean, RE4 has always been an enjoyable action game, if you try to remember that it's not a true survival horror experience you're playing.

I do believe RE4 and RE5 caused the eventual downfall of the series, but they are fine action games to judge as such. 5 and 6 are just a lot of fun with co-op, but they aren't remotely as atmospheric as the titles from the PS1 era. And this is because they are too action oriented, and the villagers and whatnot can provide a lot of ammo when you eliminate them, which has always giving me arcade vibes since most of the enemies never use guns.

2 hours ago, CrowingJoe79 said:

the RE1 remake in 2002 only had subtle changes, and everything from the graphics to the new Crimson Head zombies and Lisa Trevor as a Nemesis-esque boss who follows you, was well received at the time.

Is there anything you would like them to do with another RE1 remake or are you just not having it at all?

I think it is fine as it is. It came out in 2002 so it is a bit old now, sure. But I remember when the HD version came out, it made a profit. 

Even RE4 was fine and did not need to be remade. Although they altered the controls in the ports. The original game is fine, besides being unable to move and shoot concurrently. It didn't really have to be remade, but I know Capcom wanted to make more money, as they know RE4 is the most acclaimed game in the whole franchise, I suppose.

The thing with RE9 and the animated movies and all that, is that Leon, Chris and the others are too used to bioweapons. So by having them return in newer entries, the vibes are not particularly of a scary tone. They're now very OP in terms of their heroic efforts, so the games have diminished a lot in terms of the scare factor. Which I dislike.

On 18/05/2024 at 6:30 PM, CrowingJoe79 said:

I think it is fine as it is. It came out in 2002 so it is a bit old now, sure.

They could always do it like the novelisation and expand it by giving a look (playable, not FMV) at the characters' backstories and what they're up to before being dropped into the Spencer Mansion.

• Thanks 1

Some insiders said recently that they don't think the rumours are genuine. Nonetheless, Dusk Golem is often right when it comes to what he reveals. So it's kind of a pity that certain users online accuse him of being inaccurate, or not one to be trusted, when the guy has been spot on before about a lot of things.

His track record is relatively fine, really.

On 18/05/2024 at 6:30 PM, CrowingJoe79 said:

But I remember when the HD version came out, it made a profit. 

It was a fairly poor AI upscale with some bad lighting added, so it probably didn't cost much to make. I had a look at both as I'm planning a playthough of GameCube games and I'm opting to play the GameCube version due to nicer looking graphics. 

Anyway, it looks like the next two remakes will be Zero and Code Veronica.

https://www.ign.com/articles/resident-evil-zero-and-code-veronica-remakes-reportedly-in-the-works-at-capcom