N-Europe

Vampire Survivors

RedShell

My best attempt at recreating @Glen-i's Switch melting run: :hehe:

Got all the Arcanas, passives (apart from Torrona's Box) and most of the weapons, just missed out on evolved Blade Crossbow and C-U-Laser due to no Weapon Power-Ups or Super Candyboxes appearing. ::shrug:

Didn't manage to crash the game, but the FPS did plunge to around 30 once again when things got particularly hectic. It seemed to take a little bit longer than usual to tally up the results screen too, which was weird.

But yeah, interesting build that. Very cool how you plan weapon selection and upgrade order to surpass the limit. ;) Was also good to try something that's pretty different to what I normally use, plus I learnt about that golden egg trick. :cool:

Oh, and I realised something... the devs should really add a drop shadow to the timer on the HUD. :heh:

19 hours ago, RedShell said:

just missed out on evolved Blade Crossbow and C-U-Laser due to no Weapon Power-Ups or Super Candyboxes appearing. ::shrug:

Ah, right. Something I realised yesterday is that Weapon Power-Up, while not using up a slot, still needs a passive slot to be free. So you have to wait until it shows up before filling all 6 passive slots.

Also, it only appears if you have a Contra weapon in the first place, but I'm sure you knew that already.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I ended up getting Emergency Meeting in the Steam sale a couple of days ago, so I'm all caught up with the DLC now...

🧛‍♂️🦇⚰️🦴🧄🍗🍀
*gets distracted by new forum emojis* :heh:

Already finished all of the extra content it provided in both the main game and adventure mode. It was actually a bit better than I expected, but definitely not as enjoyable as the Contra one.
Anyway, nice to have a fully complete Vampire Survivors once more and access to all weapons/characters, although I still don't think anything is going to replace my go-to choice of old man with stinky garlic! :D

p9Gw12H.gif

:laughing:

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I think there's a sneaky peek at an update character in that trailer.

It's happened before, and there's definitely a sprite there that's not in the actual game.

Oh wow, is Poe finally gonna be actually good!?

On 8/8/2024 at 3:53 PM, Glen-i said:

I think there's a sneaky peek at an update character in that trailer.

It's happened before, and there's definitely a sprite there that's not in the actual game.

Oh wow, is Poe finally gonna be actually good!?

Looks like you were spot on! Update is out now! Yes, now! Right when we are about to play Mario Kart and all, so no VS for you!

• Confused 1

@Josh64 has another chance to be first with the news. Can't see it anywhere yet.

Only managed to get to play 4 minutes of the totally normal stage. It's a toughie. Gains was actually struggling a bit!

Also has rewards if you complete the first two Adventures. Shame I reset their progress a while back, so I have to do it again.

EDIT: Nope, the rewards kicked in when I opened the adventure menu.

Edited by Glen-i

5 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

@Josh64 has another chance to be first with the news. Can't see it anywhere yet.

Steam got your back:

Bug fixes and improvements:

- Bug fixes and improvements.
Bug fixes and improvements.

Bug fixes and improvements.

Edited by drahkon
  • Haha 2

Whoa-Parks-and-Recreation.gif

Me, when getting the new thingie this update has.

They make you work for it though. That level is proper hard! So hard, that the game doesn't actually record which characters have beaten it.
Seems like it's almost intended for the player to use some of the more overpowered characters just to survive!

Bloody hell! New stage is evil. :o :laughing:

14 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Me, when getting the new thingie this update has.

The thing in the final room of the new stage? The thing that I can't specifically mention because spoiler tags still don't work? That thing? :heh:

1 minute ago, RedShell said:

Bloody hell! New stage is evil. :o :laughing:

The thing in the final room of the new stage? The thing that I can't specifically mention because spoiler tags still don't work? That thing? :heh:

Did you attempt that with Stinky Old Garlic Man? My condolences on your doomed run.

But yeah, that thing. It's actually insane how powerful it makes you!

Spoiler

It's kind of a double edge sword for me. Yay! An extra chest per minute! And those chests can give you evolutions at any time? And they can give you passive weapons, even when you have no slots left!? Sign me up!

Problem is it can also give you Arcanas, which kinda ruins my little "Double Egg" trick, because I don't want Arcanas that quick!

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Did you attempt that with Stinky Old Garlic Man? My condolences on your doomed run.

I did, yeah. :grin: And it was indeed doomed. :laughing:

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

But yeah, that thing. It's actually insane how powerful it makes you!

Reveal hidden contents

It's kind of a double edge sword for me. Yay! An extra chest per minute! And those chests can give you evolutions at any time? And they can give you passive weapons, even when you have no slots left!? Sign me up!

Problem is it can also give you Arcanas, which kinda ruins my little "Double Egg" trick, because I don't want Arcanas that quick!

Hold the phone! I thought spoilers were broken since the forum got updated, they are for me. :wtf:

*frantically clicks spoiler button*

...nothing. ::shrug:

Anyway, in regard to the thing :heh: I've not had much chance to mess around with them yet. I heard about how crazy it is though, so looking forward to properly checking it out.

1 minute ago, RedShell said:

Hold the phone! I thought spoilers were broken since the forum got updated, they are for me. :wtf:

*frantically clicks spoiler button*

...nothing. ::shrug:

Right, yeah, bit of a workaround that @Ashley told a few of us. If you go to one of your old posts that have a spoiler tag, and click "Edit" you can copy and paste the spoiler tag where you need it.
It's not perfect, because you can't give the spoiler tag a title, but it does the job.

Thankfully, I always use a spoiler tag in the Gaming Diary thread for my list of completed games, so it's not too hard for me to find one.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ashley said:

Sorry guys. I do need to look at this but things have been chaotic (granted, that has included two trips abroad but even so, busy!)

No need to rush too much. The workaround is fine.

A couple of psychedelic screenshots from my most recent runs with the latest version: 😵

s5pu7Xa.jpeg

And now, to give my eyes a well deserved rest :heh: because I'm back to 100%:

Spoiler

TghKJcf.jpeg

Arrivederci, Vampire Survivors... until the next update/DLC. ;)

43 minutes ago, RedShell said:

And now, to give my eyes a well deserved rest :heh: because I'm back to 100%:

I'm sure you have, but just double checking...

Spoiler

All 19 secrets as well?

This new one made me laugh, because I'm certain the name of the character is a reference to one of my favourite "How I Met Your Mother" gags.

aA5oZQ.gif

Took me about half an hour to figure it out, not as obvious as the Carlo Cart secret from last free update. Clever though.

EDIT: Uhhhhh... I just got a fourth Card in a run... I'm not playing as that character, so this is very unusual. I wonder if this new thingie can break the three card limit?

Edited by Glen-i

16 hours ago, Glen-i said:

I'm sure you have, but just double checking...

Reveal hidden contents

All 19 secrets as well?

This new one made me laugh, because I'm certain the name of the character is a reference to one of my favourite "How I Met Your Mother" gags.

aA5oZQ.gif

Took me about half an hour to figure it out, not as obvious as the Carlo Cart secret from last free update. Clever though.

Yep. :)

16 hours ago, Glen-i said:

EDIT: Uhhhhh... I just got a fourth Card in a run... I'm not playing as that character, so this is very unusual. I wonder if this new thingie can break the three card limit?

Yeah, same thing has happened to me so it's probably a new feature of the latest update.

Going to be interesting to see just how crazy they go with new cards in the future, the kind of combinations that are enabled with the latest additions to the pack are already pretty damn ridiculous. :D
I suppose eventually it'll be possible to have every single weapon and passive all maxed out and running simultaneously with all Arcanas active as well or something stupid like that. :laughing:

18 hours ago, drahkon said:

I'd rather know whether all DLC will be included and at what cost :p

It won't be included, I can guarantee that. It'll be the same cost as everywhere else.

Poncle have to make some money, you know?