Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

N-E Mario Kart 8 DX Get Together

Glen-i

Fun times. I really am better at racing than battling, but it's still fun. A few highlights from me including something I didn't know was possible.

And here is that unknown thing

Post race, @Glen-i asked me if I mushroomed away. I said I had been hit before and assumed it was the invisibility frames afterwards that saved me. Upon going to post the replay I noticed that it actually seems like it was the piranha plants boost that saved me just like a mushroom boost. I never knew that was possible and have never heard about it before.

Edited by BowserBasher
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Ike said:

The worst part was @Mokong deliberately going out of his was to hit me with a super star for absolutely no reason.

Haha which one was that?

It was likely one of two things... I either saw it as an opportunity to maybe not come last again or I actually lost control and had no idea what happened and you just happened to be in the path... i swear I hit more walls when using a star I don't get the benefits of it :p

Next week, it's a new month, so it's time for a Theme Night.

Next Theme Night: Thursday 8pm

7c75tKr.png

It's about time I've spiced things up with an item change. The class is lower then usual, but to make up for it, the selection of items is restricted to Mushrooms and Coins. The courses have been tailor picked to allow many opportunities to exploit corner cutting and shortcuts, so your knowledge of course layout, forward planning, and driving skill will be put to the test here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Mokong said:

Haha which one was that?

20 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

This one, you can see it happen on the mini map. There was no way I was going to build enough speed to get there before you. :laughing:

17 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Bad luck for @Ike on Tokyo Blur.

That would've hit me if I didn't have a bad feeling about it.

17 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Bad luck for @Ike on Tokyo Blur.

That would've hit me if I didn't have a bad feeling about it.

Pretty much sums up my night, I was quite proud of that shot as well.

sponge-bob-sell.gif

• Haha 1