NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Esequiel

Xbox Series S | X Console Discussion

I was already planning on getting rid of my Xbox before Christmas but finally got around to it today. Not a lot of reasons left to keep it.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Julius said:

Bosman nailing it as always, this gave me a good chuckle:

The last point about a very vocal subset of fans wanting Xbox to return the loyalty they've shown them is a bit too accurate :laughing: 

Finally got around to giving this a watch. The Doritos segment is great. :D

• Haha 1

And there it is…

February 15th at 20:00 marks the Time Of Death.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

And there it is…

February 15th at 20:00 marks the Time Of Death.

This seems just about the weakest way to do it – a podcast. Not fully going all the way with a video, not making sure you've got the wording right in a blog post – a podcast; it's serious, but join us on the couch! 

Which is honestly, at this point, pretty typical Xbox. As is having to wait nearly two weeks by the time this podcast goes up to address this topic? What, is Phil doing a live performance of Amazing Grace backed up by Bond and Booty or something? 

Not sure about "Time of Death", but the image for the podcast being all black except for the green in corners, with it more prominent in the top left and bottom right, certainly gives you the impression that they're viewing it in a very stark manner. 

Guess we'll wait to see how this all plays out ::shrug:

Edited by Julius
  • Thanks 2

A podcast is a bit of a bizzare way of announcing whatever this is, but I suppose it’s indicative of how last-minute this whole thing is.

They clearly had no intention of making a public statement any time before April originally; but the leaks have forced their hand now.  So this is what they could cobble together in the shortest time possible…

… plus it gives them time to react to this week’s Nintendo Direct ;)

Edited by Dcubed

A podcast is a bit of a bizzare way of announcing whatever this is, but I suppose it’s indicative of how last-minute this whole thing is.
They clearly had no intention of making a public statement any time before April originally; but the leaks have forced their hand now.  So this is what they could cobble together in the shortest time possible…
… plus it gives them time to react to this week’s Nintendo Direct
Yes, it's a hastily unplanned announcement and also a carefully planned Switch tie in. :laughing:
  • Like 1

New article from The Verge yesterday which talks about Xbox's plans to be everywhere:

Only real news here, for me, is that Pentiment might be one of the games moving over - don't think it's been mentioned up to this point? 

Anyways, elsewhere, they've announced another limited edition Series S, this time for Dune: Part Two. 

Kind of nuts how many limited edition variants they've had compared to PlayStation, who seriously don't seem to care about branching out beyond their own IP. The LeBron collab is the only one that comes to mind? 

I can’t see them pulling out of the console race like this, so I expect that to be all hype.  My prediction is like many others, to announce they’ll be publishing some games on other platforms.  Possibly a revision to their current hardware, and an update to GamePass.

Whatever the case, this is probably the most interest there’s been in an Xbox podcast!

Can't wait for all this to be over.
The news cycle about the whole Xbox situation and "insiders" talking about an unannounced but delayed Nintendo Direct is annoying me to no end :p

• Like 2

Gimme a list with all the important info in 23 minutes please :p

1 minute ago, drahkon said:

Gimme a list with all the important info in 23 minutes please :p

As rumoured, 4 games are going multiformat. Not Starfield or Indiana Jones.

Rumoured games were Sea of Thieves, Hi-Fi Rush, Pentiment and one other.

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Basically this is a whole lot of nothing.

At this point that should be the Xbox slogan

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

It's quite embarrassing how this has been handled. They could have easily nipped this in the bud but instead chose to do this.

They keep going on about growth (whole thing is very corporate) and yet I can't see how that happens in a substantial way with just 4 games, especially with some of the ones they've chosen to bring to other platforms. All they are doing is weakening their platform even further.

• Like 1

Sod off. Phil bragging about how they are one of the largest publishers across all platformers. Yeah, because you barged your way in and bought up a stupid amount of studios, all the while your own internal studios output was going down in flames.

• Like 2

At least this will stop the “game pass coming to other consoles” rumours.

Maybe

4 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Business.

Growth.

Business.

Growth.

Business.

Growth.

79bced4a-f7ffd946-30b4-4703-92f2-21cece5

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

So much business jargon, this takes me back to the halcyon days of E3 presentations, before they were so showbiz, like the glory days of Reggie whipping out graphs and sales numbers mid presentation. 

It's quite embarrassing how this has been handled. They could have easily nipped this in the bud but instead chose to do this.

They keep going on about growth (whole thing is very corporate) and yet I can't see how that happens in a substantial way with just 4 games, especially with some of the ones they've chosen to bring to other platforms. All they are doing is weakening their platform even further.

My thoughts exactly. This communication is hilariously mismanaged...why wouldn't they just nip it in the bud?

The only thing that would make sense is if, following the backlash, they've chosen to hold off announcing any other games that might/will also come to other platforms. Start with just 4 and then trickle announce others further down the line to soften the disquiet.

Real nonsense speak going on in this announcement though. They're talking about bringing games to lots more people like they're some sort of charity, when in reality they bought up the industry which has ultimately restricted access to existing players.

• Like 1

This meeting absolutely could have been an email. 

That was painful to watch, it was mostly just business gibberish - I don't know why they couldn't just come out and say 'only four games are being ported to other platforms' last Sunday when the rumours really started to gather pace, there was nothing in this chat that couldn't have been said in a single tweet. Waiting so long to say something made it seem like it was much more of a big deal that it was.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this