N-Europe

Playstation 5 Console Discussion

Dcubed

6 hours ago, Jimbob said:

Hour or so wait in a queue, but i also managed to get myself a 30th Anniversary DualSense.

Have noticed the usual scalpers trying their luck on eBay with some quite extraordinary pricing strategies.  Boy, i hate scalpers.

Just reading now how PS1 style Pros are selling for £4000. It's insane. 

I don't understand the logic behind limiting the release of these. There are many gamers who are willing to give Sony their money but can't because they've made it super limited. I suppose it's the same as any limited edition item but in the age of Bots and scalpers, the whole thing becomes a mess.

I pray that Nintendo have enough stock for the Switch 2. I really don't want to be jumping through online hoops just to get one.

On 9/26/2024 at 7:13 PM, Hero-of-Time said:

Just reading now how PS1 style Pros are selling for £4000. It's insane. 

I don't understand the logic behind limiting the release of these. There are many gamers who are willing to give Sony their money but can't because they've made it super limited. I suppose it's the same as any limited edition item but in the age of Bots and scalpers, the whole thing becomes a mess.

I pray that Nintendo have enough stock for the Switch 2. I really don't want to be jumping through online hoops just to get one.

Same here.  Worst case scenario, i'll wait until they're readily available before purchasing.  I'm pretty sure i read somewhere that Nintendo are literally mass producing to prevent such an occurrence.

But going back to the topic, the logic Sony had with getting pre-orders live for the 30th Anniversary collection on the same day as pre-orders went live for the PS5 Pro is bizarre.  Could have alleviated traffic a bit by doing the Pro last week and the 30th Collection this week

So, what's tickling everyone's fancy to pick up for their PlayStation this October? 

For me, I think this might be the first month in a little while where I don't pick anything up at release.

Metaphor ReFantazio I'm saving for Christmas as my big time sink during my time off, whereas for Silent Hill 2 I'm waiting to see how the reviews turn out – and even then I'm weighing up whether I want to play the remake or the original. Maybe Neva? But then there are other indies I want to catch up on which are on sale, too :p

Yeah, between my planned Halloween games and potential going back to indies or making use of PS+, probably a quiet month for me on the pick-ups front! 

4 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Something similar should have been implemented over here. People with the most platinum trophies should have been first in the queue. :D

Platinums might be a little tough for some people (i know there's some easy as pie plats out there), but certainly number of hours played or a minimum length of time the PSN account has been active might have helped.

• 2 weeks later...

PlayStation The Concert – World Tour 2025-2026 announced! 

PlayStation The Concert transports fans into the epic worlds of God of War, The Last of Us, Ghost of Tsushima, and Horizon franchises amongst many others that reflect our 30 years of making games that have not only captivated players but are celebrated for their breathtaking and immersive soundtracks too.  

With innovative technology and world-class production, fans will experience a stunning fusion of multi-layered visuals, immersive surround sound, and an all-star ensemble blending classical and modern instruments. The legendary scores from composers like Gustavo Santaolalla (The Last of Us), Joris De Man (Horizon), Ilan Eshkeri (Ghost of Tsushima), and Bear McCreary (God of War) will reach new heights, offering fans a unique, deeply immersive live concert experience. 

With video game music stepping into the global spotlight, PlayStation: The Concert is poised to redefine what a music experience can be. This is more than just a show; it’s the ultimate video game concert experience, embodying PlayStation’s innovative spirit and pushing the limits of what’s possible; from your console to stages around the world. 

The global tour launches with a world premiere on April 15, 2025, in Dublin, Ireland, before heading to more than 200 cities across Europe, the United Kingdom, the United States, and beyond. Whilst we are only announcing European dates at this time, be assured we’ll be announcing other world locations very soon.  

The 2025 tour schedule so far includes: Dublin, Ireland – Glasgow, Scotland, London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle, UK – Amsterdam, Netherlands – Paris, Amnéville, France – Antwerp, Belgium – Frankfurt, Stuttgart, Berlin, Hamburg, Dusseldorf, Leipzig, Munich, Oberhausen, Germany – Zurich, Switzerland – Bologna, Italy – Budapest, Hungary – Sofia, Bulgaria – Vienna, Austria – Bratislava, Slovakia – Prague, Czech Republic – Lodz, Poland – Copenhagen, Denmark – Gotenburg, Sweden – Oslo, Norway – Tampere, Finland.

We don’t want you to miss out on this extraordinary event so our partners are giving the PlayStation community first opportunity to score tickets through the early access code PLAYCONCERT24 which will be usable from 7am PT tomorrow Wednesday, October 16 2024. Tickets are expected to go fast! 

No dates/costs up yet, but it's hitting Birmingham so I'm going for sure :D

Edited by Julius

4 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

GZ_CFB2WwAAHOxs?format=jpg&name=large

How you enjoying Persona 3, @Julius?

I'm loving it :D at the point where the party just returned to school following summer vacation, which wasn't nearly as much of a vacation as it was in 5, I swear I ended up busy more often than not :p

Though, I've definitely got some issues with Persona 3 Reload, but the fastest way to sum a lot of them up is just to shrug my shoulders and say that playing Persona 5 first - which would have learned from P3 in its various forms as well as P4 - is why they're pretty front and centre.

I mean, straight up, I think Tartarus just kind of sucks, I know P5 had Mementos which is similar, but having the main source of dungeon-crawling (up to this point at least) be this one location we keep returning to, which feels so disconnected from the main story for so long, and knowing P5 had Palaces which were themed and also tied into the story so strongly (relating to a party member or just some evil dude we wanted to take down), it just takes some of the sting and immediacy out of things, especially with how aimless and optional it seems until the countdown in the top right to the next Full Moon is added a few months in. It's September in-game and it's only really since the start of July I'd say that the story has picked up, so it takes a good while to get going, compared to Persona 5 just coming out of the gate with an excellent action sequence – again, lessons learned and all that. Oh, and S.E.E.S just isn't at the same level as the Phantom Thieves. 

I experienced something similar when I played Dragon Quest VIII for the first time a few years ago after playing XI first, where I loved my time with VIII, but I just think what XI learns and does differently to VIII makes it the clearly stronger game for me with only a few points I'd consider exceptions. Whereas I view XI as virtually perfect, though, as much as I love Persona 5, I think it overstays its welcome just a tad by the time credits roll, and I also think the story just kind of falls apart and goes off the rails too – it's a JRPG though, so obviously sticking the landing is oftentimes the exception more than it is the rule :laughing: so being in the middle of P3R and not knowing where it's going to get to by the end or if it sticks the landing, and being ostensibly in the thick of it, I'm loving it and can't hold an ending against it that I haven't seen played out. Fingers crossed, eh? 

To praise some things though, the game is dripping in style from its music to its UI (I spent like 15 minutes at the start of the game just opening and closing menus haha), the turn-based combat is that typical snappy Persona/Atlus combat which is to say that solving the puzzle that is an encounter is one of the best in the biz for JRPGs, and when you're in the mood for a calendar-heavy, social-link-having JRPG like I am right now, there's simply nothing better. I could - and I'm sure will at some point - go off for a chunky paragraph about the absolute brilliance that is Shuffle Time, too, for all of my problems with Tartarus I think that's got to be one of my favourite reward loops in a JRPG.

With no Platinum burden on me because of the rules I've placed on myself this year, I'm going with the flow of the calendar and social links as much as I can (P5's "Take Your Time" is constantly on my mind) and trying to avoid guides outside of times I feel like I messed up or misinterpreted a situation (sorry Yuko, I didn't know you wanted to go to the café so much more than you did a restaurant), and I'm also just avoiding the grind and rushing through Tartarus blocks in a day like I did with the Palaces in P5, which I probably average doing over 2 days up to this point (having learned from P5 the importance and rarity of SP-replenishing items). Bit annoying when I get the call from Elizabeth that some dumb local has wandered into Tartarus and needs saving, and even more so in August when I waited to visit Tartarus until someone wandered in to save them while doing going through a new clock for the first time and some even dumber local walked in after I'd saved the other guy, a cat, and had completed that month's block to feel like I was being a little more time-efficient. 

So yeah, that's my mini review after 35-ish hours of Persona 3 Reload in the completely wrong thread which you didn't ask for :p no idea where it's going to go (one particular shot in the OP has me guessing a certain thing but I'll just see how that plays out), and right now with where it's at I'd be lying if I said it's hitting the heights of what I've played of this year's GOTY contenders, but I'd also be lying if I didn't say it's not really that far off.

I also kind of hate that it makes me want to wait for what feels like an inevitable Persona 4 remake (inevitable but also obviously probably not coming until after 6) despite already owning Golden on two different platforms, but you'll need to strong-arm me into playing with those chibi-esque models after experiencing the beauty of P3R and P5 :laughing:

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1