Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Tetris 99 -- Available Today

Julius

3 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Ooooooh! I'll have to take part in that one! That skin looks pretty great! (Assuming it's the one in that background)

I found this:

D6K4oVPWwAcGJ_Z?format=jpg&name=900x900

Don't know if it's a mock-up or the actual skin.

Nintendo of Europe hasn't confirmed this competition yet so I'm a bit confused as to whether it applies to us as well. But they have put up a new trailer about Big Blocks DLC:

Edited by MindFreak
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Just a reminder that the Game Boy Grand Prix is on now.

Thanks, I completely forgot about this and I even posted about it on the main page. :D

Will definitely be giving this a go when I get a chance.

I bought the Big Block DLC yesterday, mainly for the missus as she loves this game. When I paid for it though, it said it also included “DLC 2” coming in 2019. Don’t remember reading anything about that so wonder what that could be. 

Annnnd... 103 point reached, got the Game Boy Tetris theme, so that'll do for me.

Not bad for just over an hour of Tetris playing, I got into the top 20 a few times.

Anyway this new skin will make the game all the more playable for me so I'll no doubt be back and I'll probably drop the £9.99 on it soon.

Although... I just had a thought, what if... in a similar way to winning £9.99 eShop credit in a future event, they gave unlock keys for the dlc for a certain amount of players? Or just keep it to the £9.99 prize I suppose as some might have already bought it, yeah... just a fleeting thought, nevermind. :p

Anyway, I like what they've done with Tetris and adding additional dlc later included in the £9.99 is a good move.

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

So you'll be paying for a game that's free and in order to play it, you still have to pay for NSO? Why, oh why, would anyone do that? 

Oh, the online membership is included. Hopefully it will be the same price then. 

Is it a cartridge or a code? 

Edited by MindFreak

2 hours ago, MindFreak said:

So you'll be paying for a game that's free and in order to play it, you still have to pay for NSO? Why, oh why, would anyone do that? 

Oh, the online membership is included. Hopefully it will be the same price then. 

Is it a cartridge or a code? 

Yeah it’s a little odd. All I can think of is that, being that this physical release includes the offline mode DLC , it’ll worth it for people that just want to play local multiplayer etc but have no interest in the online modes. The only other reason I can think of would be if nintendo are planing to remove it from switch online service at some point? ( I doubt that though).

In other news: Splatoon crossover event!

Edited by Helmsly
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

The Splatoon theme, as in the music, is so catchy. 

The theme is nice too. 

I’m pretty heartbroken to have missed out on the GB Tetris theme  though :cry:

I'd be amazed if there wasn't a future opportunity to get it.

• Thanks 1