NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Online Thread

After nearly 5 years of playing this with you lot, we've finally managed to get Jigglypuff killed with a shield break!

Congratulations, @BowserBasher! And yet, I still think your death in Figure-8 Circuit was funnier!

Anyway, I think half an hour of nonsense in Custom stages at 10pm seems to work, so we'll stick with that?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Weird 1

Thanks for the games. :smile:

Some X2 matches tonight, Terry and a few others.

Thanks for the follow @Glen-i on Twitch, you're the 64th subscriber to my channel, which I thought was cool.

Also, all the chat comments survived the highlighting process, so most of the best moments have been time-stamped, and there were some great moments indeed. :D

Here's a link to this week's stream... :peace:

- - - - -

custom-ac0aee31-b1e0-4b15-88e6-642a2ba992ca-640x360.jpeg

N-Europe Saturday Smash! (05/08/2023)

- - - - -

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Glen-i said:

After nearly 5 years of playing this with you lot, we've finally managed to get Jigglypuff killed with a shield break!

Congratulations, @BowserBasher! And yet, I still think your death in Figure-8 Circuit was funnier!

I am proud to be a part of that history making moment, and yes that other death was funnier, killed by a kart.

I had a theme ready to go, but then @Dcubed suggested a more timely one instead. And 2 hours later...

7vjc7h.jpg

Did Someone Say Card Games!?

F3UmsgqawAAxoXA?format=jpg&name=large

Pokémon Trading Card Game is finally online! Shut up! This is the first time ever, it's never happened before, and anyone who says so is a liar!

The 34 characters here all feature in some kind of Trading Card Game. I thought this would be a relatively reasonable selection of characters, but it kept snowballing, so even after trimming off e-reader cards, playing cards, and any trading cards that don't actually function as a game, I'm still left with this large group.

I regret everything.

F3Uq5HYacAE7iVq?format=jpg&name=large

Stages match the series that all the characters above are from. Please keep your stage choice on "Random".

Spoiler

F3Uq5HaagAA8ODi?format=jpg&name=large

The items also match the series.

Format: 3 Stock, 10 minutes
FS Meter: On

See you at 8pm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Theme night already, that came around quick. I’ll be waiting excitedly for the next “@Glen-i left out these characters from previous theme nights” theme where we’ll see those he missed this time. 😜 

29 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Theme night already, that came around quick. I’ll be waiting excitedly for the next “@Glen-i left out these characters from previous theme nights” theme where we’ll see those he missed this time. 😜 

I'm actually pretty confident about this one, to be fair.

10 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I'm actually pretty confident about this one, to be fair.

30rock-jenna.gif

Spoiler

Link

Captain Falcon

Falco

Marth

Roy

Dark Pit

Wolf

Wii Fit Trainer (male)

Sephiroth

Joker 

• Haha 3

Get games guys. Glad @RedShell got the idea for the last match of the night to change to Hero for the menu fight. And a great stage for it too.

• Thanks 3

No-one can resist the siren call of the Menu Fight!

That Ditto Byleth Wombo Combo though! Easily coolest kill of the night!

2 hours ago, Ashley said:

30rock-jenna.gif

My list (Reveal hidden contents)

Link

Captain Falcon

Falco

Marth

Roy

Dark Pit

Wolf

Wii Fit Trainer (male)

Sephiroth

Joker 

Doesn't even have every Pokémon on it, that list is woefully lacking!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Oh man, that was great! :D

That Daybreak shot on Pandemonium was absolutely superb! :bowdown: The fact that I was saved by the stage trap was the icing on the deliciously bonkers cake. :laughing: 

Remixed F-Zero stage delivered too. :heh: Although it might need a bit more tweaking.

Thanks for the games everyone!

:peace:

• Thanks 2

Some X2 matches tonight, and one X4 at the end... though that shouldn't be too surprising. ;)

A couple of disconnects, but the battles were smooth overall, decent character and stage combos too.

Also... quickest three stock exit as Hero yet? That's got to be a new record. :p

- - - - -

N-Europe Saturday Smash! (12/08/2023)

- - - - -

• Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, Ike said:

Also second balloon pop at around 54.34.

Oh wow! I didn't even notice that! Too busy with my own fight with Simon there.

Geez, you wait 5 years for that and then 2 come along at once!
Congrats, @RedShell, on joining the Mile High Club!

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, RedShell said:

That Daybreak shot on Pandemonium was absolutely superb! :bowdown: The fact that I was saved by the stage trap was the icing on the deliciously bonkers cake.

That would have taken win of the night if you didn't get saved. And TBF that was pure desperation on my part as I didn't know if it would fire with me being in mid air. I just tried it.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Doesn't even have every Pokémon on it, that list is woefully lacking!

That's because no Pokémon are sluts. They are much more diverse:

Spoiler

('em are STIs)

Pikachu - whore (there's a difference)
Jigglypuff - tease
Pichu - sugar baby
Mewtwo - femme dom
Pokémon Trainer - virgin
Greninja - chem sex goer
Incineroar - daddy

I did notice after my list was all males too. Let's not try and read anything into my life with that.

@Glen-i is potentially still missing tonight. @S.C.G should have the set up ready to go though. Time format, 3 stock and take out Palutenas Temple. If we are going after 10 for custom stages you will need to change the rules for the room at 10 to allow them.

• Thanks 1

Yeah, can't make it tonight.

@S.C.G, while in random stage select, make sure you turn Custom Stages off as well. That way, you can make the online lobby allow custom stages, but not have them show up when random is picked. You won't need to close the lobby for custom stages, this way.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BowserBasher said:

@Glen-i is potentially still missing tonight. @S.C.G should have the set up ready to go though. Time format, 3 stock and take out Palutenas Temple. If we are going after 10 for custom stages you will need to change the rules for the room at 10 to allow them.

11 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Yeah, can't make it tonight.

@S.C.G, while in random stage select, make sure you turn Custom Stages off as well. That way, you can make the online lobby allow custom stages, but not have them show up when random is picked. You won't need to close the lobby for custom stages, this way.

OK, so I just make the game, with the Time ruleset, open the lobby a few minutes before, go straight to Stage Select, deselect Palutena's Temple (if it isn't already for that ruleset) then go to random stage select, turn off custom stages, then in the online lobby, allow custom stages when it's time.

That... sounds simple enough.

We'll see how it all plays out. :peace:

I should have the lobby ready for 8pm, if you see it open before, join as I'll just be changing settings probably.

• Like 1

Great matches, I think we sorted the custom stages debacle in the end afterwards @RedShell shame we couldn't get any in tonight. But those few on omega stages were fun,

• Thanks 2

Some X2 matches tonight, and even a X3.

No custom stages though, as I tried the suggested methods but couldn't get it to work, I even checked Offline afterwards, and Cusom Stages were indeed off, but I couldn't see an option to turn them on within the lobby? So I've now turned custom stages ON for all of the different rulesets I have saved, in the hope that might help for next time? ::shrug:

I dunno... it sounded so simple. :p

Anyway, some great matches overall.

- - - - -

N-Europe Saturday Smash! (19/08/2023)

- - - - -

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Great matches, I think we sorted the custom stages debacle in the end afterwards @RedShell shame we couldn't get any in tonight. But those few on omega stages were fun,

I kept checking but could only seem to select standard stages. :hmm:  Not to worry, was fun all the same. 
Cheers for the games!

Oh and @S.C.G, thanks again for the suggestion of the Ethernet switch, got one setup now and it seems to be working great! :) 

No more messing about with swapping cables around. :cool:

• Thanks 1

Just now, RedShell said:

I kept checking but could only seem to select standard stages. :hmm:  Not to worry, was fun all the same. 
Cheers for the games!

Oh and @S.C.G, thanks again for the suggestion of the Ethernet switch, got one setup now and it seems to be working great! :) 

No more messing about with swapping cables around. :cool:

Yeah, I'm not sure what happened, but afterwards I found the option in the rulesets offline, so I switched it to ON hoping that might help for next time.

I'm glad that the ethernet hub suggestion helped though, it's really useful to have, plus you have the added bonus of being able to use FTP software with any consoles that allow it, which is especially useful for Xbox, GameCube etc, as the hub acts as a bridge between your PC and any consoles you have connected, you just need to have the consoles set up to communicate with the PC, but it can be very useful.

It definitely saves on the wear and tear of ethernet and potentially expensive Broadband adapters as well, plus it's fantastic for Smash and other online games. :peace:

• Like 1

On 19/08/2023 at 10:54 PM, S.C.G said:

Yeah, I'm not sure what happened, but afterwards I found the option in the rulesets offline, so I switched it to ON hoping that might help for next time.

Actually, I think I know what happened here.

So, when you're creating an arena, on the screen where it asks you for settings (What rules to use, who drops out after each match, etc.), you can access extra settings by pressing Y. Where the really important stuff like lobby music is.

I'm betting the Custom Stage option is defaulted to Off, and that's why people couldn't select any last week.

• Thanks 1

Stock format tonight at 8pm.

I've been feeling a bit drained during the night in the past few days. Not really mustering the energy to play games. Probably an after effect from my illness last week. So while I'll still be hosting the room, I may stick myself on spectate depending on how I'm feeling.

• Thanks 2