NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Online Thread

Byleth (and Cuphead costumes) galore tonight. You don't have to use them, but you'll look very out of place if you don't.

Time Format, 9pm.

• Like 2

Oh, and for the sake of helping to differentiate who is who in the inevitable Highlight video I'll make...

I bagsies Yellow Male Byleth!

47 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I bagsies Yellow Male Byleth!

In that case...

I bagsies Red Female (with white hair) Dante Byleth! :p

7 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

@BowserBasher, just a heads up that S.C.G bagsied that costume.

Nah, it's all good. :)

Simon joined first, I'm joining now though, I'll go with Dark armour female Aqua-Marine coloured hair Byleth instead. :peace:

Or if someone else is playing as that Byleth, I'll just pick another, no big deal. :D

Plenty of Byleth to go around anyway. ;)

Edited by S.C.G

Man, I'm digging how much Oomph Byleth has! Constant satisfaction with each hit.

Also loving the new custom stages @RedShell

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, S.C.G said:

In that case...

I bagsies Red Female (with white hair) Dante Byleth! :p

Sorry dude. Didn’t read this first. Like the character but don’t know what I’m doing half the time. Got a few good KOs in though. 

• Thanks 1

That lag is getting too bad now. So I'm gonna call it a night.

Thanks for the games guys!

EDIT: Also, I can confirm that if Byleth gets knocked off the top of the screen and goes blasting off into the background, they shout "My battle ends heeeeerrrre!"

Edited by Glen-i

Thanks for the games everyone, I've enjoyed these past couple of days featuring Byleth-centric bouts. (with Cuphead) :D

14 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Man, I'm digging how much Oomph Byleth has! Constant satisfaction with each hit.

Yeah, crazy powerful character! :o If we were playing stock battles instead of time, the fights wouldn’t have lasted very long at all. :laughing: 

While Byleth clearly has amazing offensive capabilities, there is a lot of delay involved with most of those hard-hitting moves, and movement speed in general is pretty slow, so the balance is probably about right. It is pretty crazy how you can meteor smash with that up B though. :grin:

Cuphead (aka Mii Gunner) proved to be a great counter to Byleth. Getting instant KOs by bouncing back Byleth’s arrows was super fun.

Another enjoyable evening of N-E Smash. :peace:

15 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Also loving the new custom stages @RedShell

Cheers.

There’s a bit more to the “Too Much Fire Emblem” one than you saw last night, but it requires a specific item/final smash in order to trigger it, which didn’t happen during any of those matches. ;) There was more than enough chaos going on anyway. :heh: 

• Like 2

I recorded the most of it last night if anyone wants to see it. Otherwise I'm going to edit a clips video.

• Like 2

Right, back to normality for Smash tonight. Although you can still use Byleth if you want, I suppose.

Stock format, 9pm.

Man, @Sprout is too good at this. Especially with Hero, how can one person nail that back air so often?

Thanks for the games!

• Thanks 2

Thanks for the games everyone. :D

I don't think I did too badly tonight and I always feel like I'm learning more about the game each week. :smile:

Great fun as always. :peace:

• Thanks 1

That Tingle stage is absolute madness, it's all going off on it, all the time.  Who made that?  kudos to the creator.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, londragon said:

That Tingle stage is absolute madness, it's all going off on it, all the time.  Who made that?  kudos to the creator.

Gotta be @RedShell. He loves creating things just as much as he loves Tingle. :D 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, londragon said:

Who made that?

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

Gotta be @RedShell. He loves creating things just as much as he loves Tingle. :D 

Yep. :grin: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, londragon said:

Nice one @RedShell.  I'll be looking to download that next time I fire up Smash.

Cheers. 
It’s not actually on the server though I’m afraid.

It seems custom stages get deleted from Smash World after a while, so none of my stuff is online anymore. 

I would just re-upload them, but I also had an issue a while back where one of my stages got reported and ended up being removed by Nintendo. :indeed:

If it were to happen again I could apparently lose access to online play entirely, so I’ve not uploaded anything since and don’t plan to now as I don’t want to risk getting my account restricted. :( 

Join us for a Smash session sometime though and I’ll be sure to select that stage so you can experience the insanity! :grin: 

Speaking of which, what’s the plan for tonight @Glen-i

• Like 1