NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Online Thread

Nice clips there @RedShell :D

I captured some of the Smash action last night just for practice and the MK8 league races as well.

I'm curious as to how you go about just getting those short clips from the main video file and turning them into the highlights that you regularly post. 

I probably just need to start messing around with the software and see what happens but I think it's a neat thing to be able to do. :smile:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

I'm curious as to how you go about just getting those short clips from the main video file and turning them into the highlights that you regularly post.

It’s just a case of trimming sections from the main video file (once it’s on the Timeline in your editing software) and then exporting those shorter clips as a new video file. I’d recommend checking out some basic video editing tutorials, that should give you all the info you need to get started. Here’s one for Adobe Premiere:

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/premiere-pro/how-to/edit-videos.html

It doesn’t really matter if that’s not the software you’re using, as the majority of video editing applications follow the same basic principles and feature very similar layouts. :) 

• Like 1

Thanks @RedShell I appreciate the tips. :peace:

I'll have a look at that tutorial, load up the software and mess around with some of the video clips I've captured so far. :D

If all goes well then I might post a few of my own Smash highlights soon. :smile:

• Like 1

Post-MK Smash tonight? I’ve made a new spooooky (and of course silly) custom stage... :heh: 

2 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Post-MK Smash tonight? I’ve made a new spooooky (and of course silly) custom stage... :heh: 

Yep, 9:15. Stamina Matches this week.

• Like 1

That K-O from Luigi at the end was too funny. :D

• Haha 2

Sorry, guys. I think the lag was from my side. I'll try to see what's causing it

A Duck Hunt and Virtua Fighter tag-team combo K-O... now I've seen it all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cheers for the games guys! I hope you enjoyed the graveyard smash! I certainly did. :laughing: 

:peace:

• Like 2

Alright, that's all for me.

I've noticed @S.C.G has really improved over the past 3 weeks. You're really starting to add some variety to your game. Good old practice with different characters will get you further, sure, but it's great you're starting to grasp some combo plays in there.

• Thanks 1

That was great! I didn't even spot the piece of cake before! :laughing:

BTW, I meant to ask earlier @RedShell, how the hell did you make that Halloween stage work!? How did you make it only sometimes kill you? That stage is amazing! :bowdown:

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

BTW, I meant to ask earlier @RedShell, how the hell did you make that Halloween stage work!? How did you make it only sometimes kill you? That stage is amazing! :bowdown:

Thanks. :)

It was purely by chance. Originally the graves were just decorative, but then I started trying to make them into some kind of gameplay feature, and through experimentation with the different stage gimmicks, I just stumbled on to the thing with the upside down cannons. :hehe: 

I have absolutely no idea why it only kills sometimes, but it adds to the suspense and makes it even funnier, so I’m very glad it turned out like that. :D 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I think it goes without saying that tonight's Smash session is on.

9pm, Time matches. It'll be Terryfic!

I'm not apologising.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Weird 1

I’m going to try to make this weeks for at least the first hour. Love the sessions when a new character is released. 

5 hours ago, Glen-i said:

I think it goes without saying that tonight's Smash session is on.

9pm, Time matches. It'll be Terryfic!

I'm not apologising.

Excellent, I'll look for the room titled 'Terry are you OK?' or something to that effect. :D

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, S.C.G said:

Excellent, I'll look for the room titled 'Terry are you OK?' or something to that effect. :D

That's a pretty smooth reference, in fact it's almost criminal.

2HWBaY0n_zJ4tYomlpA9Y6gg8HKu_a_3Z-QV-x-w

Heres an unrelated image of Link Between Worlds

• Haha 4

Thanks for the games guys. I won one! Yay. Not sure if I’ll pull off those two special moves with him but I’ll see if I can practice them at all. Great games though. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1